PDA

View Full Version : Dodgy wheels

colVR4
24-10-2003, 03:18 PM
Me again. Another quick question.

I have just had the wheels balanced on my car INSERT INTO post VALUES (standard Mitsi sport alloys) and the guy balancing them said that two of them are buckled on the inside. Not by much, just enough so that you notice when they are spun on the machine. What do I do? :Cry1:

Can I get them refurbed? If I did this would they still be safe for normal running? or do I just get a new set of 17" alloys. The wheels are a bit damaged anyway so is it going to be cost effective to get them fixed, does anybody know roughly how much it would cost?

Assistance, as always, is most gratefully received.... :D

Roadrunner
24-10-2003, 03:41 PM
If they balance up OK, you don't need to do anything :) Refurbing a bent alloy is not recommended although you might find someone that says they can do it. I'd only change them if a) they don't balance up, b) the tyres won't stay inflated or c) you fancy a change anyway :)

Brian

zedy1
24-10-2003, 05:19 PM
ill stick with em and if u have a decent spare bang it on

Kieran
24-10-2003, 05:35 PM
Looked briefly at refurbing my 14inch GLS alloys. To give you an idea, cost was on average around £35 per wheel for four wheels, for a full refurb. Most places want the wheels for 3 days if you want the full treatment, ie: strip/shotblast/repair/relaquer.

If you've just got the odd scuff that needs sorting, some places have mobile vans that will visit you and do it the same day, but this is only if you've got the odd graze or two.