PDA

View Full Version : mirrors not retracting properly

Robotnik123
06-07-2006, 11:01 PM
My legnum's electric mirrors are not retracting properly. When folding in they sorta stop part way on both sides and they don't completely fold out again either without manual intervention.

Is there something I can oil or clean to get them folding in and out nicely again?

Wodjno
06-07-2006, 11:06 PM
My legnum's electric mirrors are not retracting properly. When folding in they sorta stop part way on both sides and they don't completely fold out again either without manual intervention.

Is there something I can oil or clean to get them folding in and out nicely again?

Just grab a hold of them and just rag them back and forth 5 or 6 times .. That'll sort them out.. Had the same prob with mine 3 years ago.. Sorted it a treat.. Don't worry it won't damage them.. :scholar: Spray a bit of penetrating oil in there for good measure to :2thumbsup

Jimbo
06-07-2006, 11:26 PM
Just grab a hold of them and just rag them back and forth 5 or 6 times

Is this the WODJNO inc. patent pending guarunteed method? Tempted to give it a go, my drivers side sounds like it's batteries have run dry.

Wodjno
06-07-2006, 11:29 PM
Is this the WODJNO inc. patent pending guarunteed method? Tempted to give it a go, my drivers side sounds like it's batteries have run dry.

Tried and tested on my own and a couple of other members cars to good effect.. :scholar:

I never bothered with the penetrating oil either ;)

Vector
07-07-2006, 06:46 AM
i had this ....especially when it was damp....all i did was spray WD in it liberally..not a prob since:scholar:

Lucas
07-07-2006, 07:18 AM
When they go part way can you still hear the motor or anything going or making clicking noises?

It could just need a good lube and workout like WODJNO is saying or it's possible that some teeth on the cogs in there have broken off. (I think there are cog wheels involved???) If so I can't imagine the ragging it back and forth method would be too good for them

bernmc
07-07-2006, 07:52 AM
I never bothered with the penetrating oil either ;)

Penetration is bad mmmmmkay... ;)