PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust?

I-S
08-07-2006, 10:05 AM
Hmmm...

Over the past week, I've been under teh car a bit to sort out some bits of rust and reseal the underside. No probs with that.

However, I noticed, and then the tyre fit place on tuesday also noted on their report, that the exhaust is extremely rusty along its entire length. I'm sure it's the original, and it was fairly rusty when I got the car three years ago, but it's worse now and won't be long before it starts blowing I would guess.

I'm not looking for a "performance" exhaust, or any sort of "upgrade". Just a plain, bog-standard exhaust. Is there any point getting stainless given that the original non-stainless one has lasted 8 years, and I don't really see the car getting to 16 years (at least not in my ownership)?

With that said... Can anyone confirm that it is actually the standard exhaust? It seems pretty hefty all the way along its length and beautifully mandrel bent for the turns it takes around the petrol tank.

Any suggested makes or sources for the exhaust (ie standard off-the-shelf part, not a custom job)?

psbarham
08-07-2006, 10:07 AM
sounds like the standard to me , i was in partco yesterday getting some gaskits for the De-cat and they acctually list the 8G galant's exhaust now , so would imagine its pretty cheap now

ANTHONY
08-07-2006, 06:19 PM
it depends on how much they want for a standard one....i was quoted £350 from powerflow fully made up to what i require in stainless steel. this is on a 2.0 sport so proberly would be the same as yours

I-S
08-07-2006, 06:30 PM
That's more than I want to spend...

psbarham
09-07-2006, 01:16 PM
if i get the chance i'll pop into partco and get a price for ya :2thumbsup