PDA

View Full Version : Summink Up?

WildCards
08-07-2006, 11:10 PM
Is there something wrong with the site? I've had problems getting on today, tried about 12 ish and couldn't get on and just had a right song and dance getting on now. It's really slow too. Other sites seem ok.

HJM
08-07-2006, 11:14 PM
Been on and off all day (at work :)) and ok, but once earlier tonight couldn't get on at all :inquisiti

Trouble is my connection is so unpredictable, I have no idea if it was just that playing up or a site issue ?

J

Brunty
08-07-2006, 11:21 PM
I'm frequently getting a blank screen when I click the back button. Just need to press refresh and everyhting is hunkdory again, well at least until I press the back button again!

Thought it was more likely to be my ISP?

WildCards
08-07-2006, 11:23 PM
Everything seems to be working now apart from my Pm's. just gives me a blank page everytime I try to get to them

Spirit
08-07-2006, 11:29 PM
Can't get onto usercp either

WildCards
08-07-2006, 11:31 PM
Can't get onto usercp either

No, just been trying that. I can get to the send message page, but not the received. i know i've got a message from the top right panel. Is it possible the message could be too big?

Brunty
08-07-2006, 11:51 PM
No, just been trying that. I can get to the send message page, but not the received. i know i've got a message from the top right panel. Is it possible the message could be too big?

Same for me.

Physician
09-07-2006, 12:47 AM
I had a problem getting on earlier as well ............ simply wouldn't load.

The Vee
09-07-2006, 08:31 AM
Had same probs last night, but now at work, can't scroll down to bottom of page and won't even be able to see this post!! Seems like the size has changed. Resolution is it??

BraindG
09-07-2006, 12:58 PM
Erm, no problems here?

Nick VR4
09-07-2006, 04:06 PM
Mmmm I dont have a connection issue

BUT as soon as I get on the forum IE goes to 50% in task manager /Grrr can hear the fan running also

Just tried with Firefox and the same thing :speechles :speechles

BraindG
09-07-2006, 04:08 PM
No such issues here?

Take it this only happens on CVR4?

Nick VR4
09-07-2006, 04:17 PM
No such issues here?

Take it this only happens on CVR4?

Yes just CVR4 if I close IE or FF process goes back down to 2%

g6acb
09-07-2006, 05:30 PM
something is rotten in the state of denmark....... I blame Brunty..... keep getting this kind of thing plastered all over the screen

<td class="alt1" id="td_title_16523" title="Some of you may know that I've been self-employed since I bought my VR4 in November 2004 (costly lack of judgement - but I love it!), well things are about to change. :speechles Last week I had reason to contact my old boss, who proceeded to tell me of his companies currenHTTP/1.1 200 OK Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2006 16:23:18 GMT Server: Apache/1.3.36 (Unix) mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 mod_log_bytes/1.2 mod_bwlimited/1.4 PHP/4.3.11 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635.SR1.2 mod_ssl/2.8.27 OpenSSL/0.9.7a X-Powered-By: PHP/4.3.11 Set-Cookie: bbsessionhash=e62e952ac808d54041df9e04458392f7; path=/forum/; domain=.clubvr4.com Expires: 0 Cache-Control: private, post-check=0, pre-check=0, max-age=0 Pragma: no-cache Transfer-Encoding: chunked Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1 4d

Brunty
09-07-2006, 09:58 PM
....... I blame Brunty.....

but...but...SGHOM told me to do it!

Still no access to PM's for me and occasionally the back button just gives me a blank screen, this is only on CVR4

Spirit
09-07-2006, 10:05 PM
Accessing usercp still an issue for me

Wodjno
09-07-2006, 10:07 PM
I'm getting various probs.. Thought it may only be work PC related, but as i've been offline on my home PC for the last week, iv'e not been able to cross reference the probs..

1. I can only read at most, the first 5 posts on each page of a thread.

2. None of the drop down menu's work? This is the 2nd lot of drop downs, not the 1's right at the top.

3. Pager messages taking ages to show up.. I can see i have received 1 but i cannot see it until a couple of mins have passed.

BraindG
10-07-2006, 12:36 PM
im having no problems either here, or at home.. So theres nothing up with the site. Can you please clear your internet cache, and cookies... then try again.

Jeeves
10-07-2006, 03:28 PM
Every page I goto gets cut off half way, sometimes comes up with an error similer to ... <span class="

I think the sites AYC fluid needs changing (hur..)

Brunty
10-07-2006, 06:00 PM
im having no problems either here, or at home.. So theres nothing up with the site. Can you please clear your internet cache, and cookies... then try again.

Done - but it's not changed the CVR4 experience! Still issues with accessing PMs, etc

Spirit
10-07-2006, 06:04 PM
I think there's an issue somewhere Barry as is not isolated incidents, and the issues are different. Time for yet another ticket ?

Nick VR4
10-07-2006, 07:07 PM

Done and still at 50% slowing down the pc

I didnt notice that it was not at 50% until I logged back in :speechles :speechles :speechles

WildCards
10-07-2006, 07:59 PM
hmm, at work I can view PM's but can only read first 5 posts and can't view 'new posts' i also get the script g6acb posted up.

At home I can't view PM's, but can read 'new posts' and the whoile of threads and no script bo!!ocks.

Something is rotting in Denmark indeed.

Physician
10-07-2006, 09:30 PM
Yep, something is amiss. I haven't been able to log on for the last hour. "Network issue code -1005".

I tried using different browsers and none would load VR4.

colVR4
10-07-2006, 10:01 PM
Couldn't get on to the forums at all today at work. Could see the home page okay but no forums.

BraindG
11-07-2006, 08:28 AM
How odd, alright... ill open another ticket, maybe they can check their logs or something..

Nutter_John
11-07-2006, 11:52 AM
Barry

If it helps I have a load a strange issues related to this site

1) if I use my normal ISP to conect this site I get an old page from about 2 months ago
2) If I VPN in my work it can get the upto date version
3) If I now use IE then I can never fully load a page
4) If I use Mozilla it works 100 % ok

Cheers John

BraindG
11-07-2006, 01:17 PM
How odd, im not having any problems. The hosting company has asked for some IP's of people that are having problems.. lets see what comes of that.

Nick Mann
11-07-2006, 01:23 PM
No significant issues here. From home/work on IE6 or Firefox.

BraindG
11-07-2006, 01:27 PM
We are working on the issue and will update you soon.

Perhaps this means they found something?:thinking:

BraindG
11-07-2006, 03:04 PM
Could all the people having a problem state who their ISP is, and whether dialup or BB. ty

WildCards
11-07-2006, 03:14 PM
Everything seems to be working now apart from my Pm's. just gives me a blank page everytime I try to get to them

At work:

I can't view more than the first 5 posts of any thread
I can't view the drop down menu's at the top
I can't use new posts button
I can't use the search button

At Home:

I can't view PM's or pager messages

I've tried deleting cookies and refreshing the page several times on both computers.

Brunty
11-07-2006, 03:29 PM
Could all the people having a problem state who their ISP is, and whether dialup or BB. ty

Broadband with Telewest Blueyonder

Nick VR4
11-07-2006, 04:15 PM
Broadband 2MB AOL

Jeeves
11-07-2006, 05:16 PM
Ive circumnavigated the issue by chaning the number of posts displayed to 5 in my CP.. so yea thats the only issue I get.

im at work (shhhh) so not too sure of what ISP we use, could be BT.

Wodjno
11-07-2006, 06:38 PM
Right ! Back on CVR4 after not being able to access it from home and limited access from work..

I have changed from Internet Explorer to Mozilla Firefox.. All issues have been rectified :2thumbsup

Physician
11-07-2006, 08:38 PM
NTL, Broadband ......

Generally use Safari but tried IE, Netscape, Mozilla, Omniweb and Opera but none will work and load ClubVR4 sometimes ...........

Wodjno
11-07-2006, 09:08 PM
Thought everything was ok.. But still getting booted out every now and then...

I'm with NTL and Broadband :inquisiti

VR4 MAD
12-07-2006, 01:27 AM
At work:

At Home:

I can't view PM's or pager messages

I've tried deleting cookies and refreshing the page several times on both computers.

ME TOO..................................../Grrr

Been like that for a day or two now. None of the drop-down menus work for me. Lots of strange behaviour........................bottom section of pages with more than 5 posts missing...........ie no quick reply section, forum jump etc.

Here is a screen shot of what is happening to the bottom of pages.

Something seriously wrong me thinks......................:speechles /pan

/help /help /help

WildCards
12-07-2006, 08:38 AM
Right i'm at home so I can see these threads now. Sorry for not responding sooner.

I'm on 1Mb Broadband with NTL.

BraindG
12-07-2006, 09:04 AM
Im struggling with this one, I checked all the error logs from the Site/Databases, nothing there, only a few errors about images not being found (my bad coding :)) - plenty disk space, no errors with memory etc. Ive defragged the databases, reindexed them, yet you guys are still having problems. /Grrr

I have tried from FireFox, Latest IE, from both home, and work, I tried accessing site from 2 friends houses and they were not having problems. It must be a local issue? you guys are all on different ISP's so its not an ISP issue.

:thinking:

Has anyone done anything to try resolve it? I knwo Glenn has tried Firefox and got some better results, what happened to the guys that cleared cache?

Is anyone in a position to create a new windows profile, and log onto site using that?

Wodjno
12-07-2006, 10:58 AM
Im struggling with this one, I checked all the error logs from the Site/Databases, nothing there, only a few errors about images not being found (my bad coding :)) - plenty disk space, no errors with memory etc. Ive defragged the databases, reindexed them, yet you guys are still having problems. /Grrr

I have tried from FireFox, Latest IE, from both home, and work, I tried accessing site from 2 friends houses and they were not having problems. It must be a local issue? you guys are all on different ISP's so its not an ISP issue.

:thinking:

Has anyone done anything to try resolve it? I knwo Glenn has tried Firefox and got some better results, what happened to the guys that cleared cache?

Is anyone in a position to create a new windows profile, and log onto site using that?

Whats happening to me now is ! I can load and start reading all the posts, but the loading bar at the bottom of the screen does not fill completely ? Then after 10secs or sometimes 2 mins it fills completely and i get kicked out of the site, to the screen that says "Cannot Find Server" ??:inquisiti

Wodjno
12-07-2006, 11:05 AM
Whats happening to me now is ! I can load and start reading all the posts, but the loading bar at the bottom of the screen does not fill completely ? Then after 10secs or sometimes 2 mins it fills completely and i get kicked out of the site, to the screen that says "Cannot Find Server" ??:inquisiti

Immediately after writing the above. ?? I find i have no issues with the site :thinking:

WTF :thinking:!!!

WildCards
12-07-2006, 12:11 PM
I'm using Win ME and IE 5 (I think?) at home on 1MB broadband with NTL. I'm using Win XP with the latest IE 6 at work on 2MB broadband from BT.

I 've cleared cookies but that has had no effect. I'm still having the same problems listed earlier. I'll try a few other computers while i'm at work and let you know the outcome.

WildCards
12-07-2006, 12:15 PM
No, same problems on two other computers.

BraindG
12-07-2006, 12:35 PM
/Grrr I really don't get it.

BraindG
12-07-2006, 12:35 PM
Your not using a roaming profile are you? :thinking:

you clear internet cache/temp?

VR4 MAD
12-07-2006, 01:04 PM

ME TOO...............AGAIN. I'm now at home and the same or very similar problems still occuring (as before on my work computer). Machine specs totally different so don't think that's where the problem lies IMHO.

I did get an error message symbol down in the lower lefthand corner of the IE 6.0 window when loading this thread (which is still limited to five posts BTW). I took a screen capture as before and it's attached. The top line of the message is a little hard to see but reads "Line: 672". Hope this helps.

Very sad to see those who usually have all the answers lost with this but these problems are so wide spread for me that the site is virtually unusable. /pan As soon as a thread gets over five replies, I can't see them to read them. /Grrr I can't search............/help /help

Please, please help, I'm really starting to miss my daily CVR4 fix..............:( :sick: :bigcry: :thumbsdow /wall

/Hissy /Hissy /Hissy :end:

Qwertyco
12-07-2006, 01:17 PM
I been having trouble with it for a couple of days now.
the last message on each thread page is blank or a strange colour purple with no text, and I can't get past that message.

Also some navigation buttons don't respond.

Big Trubs !

BraindG
12-07-2006, 01:30 PM
ME TOO...............AGAIN. I'm now at home and the same or very similar problems still occuring (as before on my work computer). Machine specs totally different so don't think that's where the problem lies IMHO.

I did get an error message symbol down in the lower lefthand corner of the IE 6.0 window when loading this thread (which is still limited to five posts BTW). I took a screen capture as before and it's attached. The top line of the message is a little hard to see but reads "Line: 672". Hope this helps.

Very sad to see those who usually have all the answers lost with this but these problems are so wide spread for me that the site is virtually unusable. /pan As soon as a thread gets over five replies, I can't see them to read them. /Grrr I can't search............/help /help

Please, please help, I'm really starting to miss my daily CVR4 fix..............:( :sick: :bigcry: :thumbsdow /wall

/Hissy /Hissy /Hissy :end:

Cheers, I checked the code on that page, it doesnt go up to char 24, infact on line 672 theres only 9 chars.. and 872 has 30, yet the code isnt doing anything in particular..

could you copy paste that whole error message in for me please?

Does anyone else have error messages? I need them, they help :)

Qwertyco
12-07-2006, 01:35 PM
Today, 12:15 PM #45 (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showpost.php?p=168725&postcount=45)
WildCards (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/member.php?u=1747) vbmenu_register("postmenu_168725", true);
CVR4 Committee

http://www.clubvr4.com/misc/member.gif

<a href="member.php?u=1747"

this is a cut 'n' paste of the last post i can see on this thread. I can't even read the last one I posted.

VR4 MAD
12-07-2006, 01:38 PM
BraindG.....some observations which might help.

1) Your revolving Avatar is glitching/missing frames which it didn't use to do.

2) Wildcards and I are both having just about exactly the same problems and considering we are on opposite sides of the planet, would have meant ISP issues at our end were unlikely, I would have thought.

3) Surely the '5 post' problem we are having should be a big clue or at least a place to start. What could cause that?

4) Likewise, the way none of the menus which have dropdowns are working would also give somewhere to start looking.

5) At temporary fix for me has been to sent the thread display to 'hybrid' which allows me to see on the tree view all the posts and jump to see the ones I can't see because of the '5 post' restriction.

Hope these help a little.

Cheers
VR4 MAD

BraindG
12-07-2006, 01:45 PM
True, I know its not an ISP issue, however I have checked all the last modified times of the scripts, and none have been changed for quite some time, so that cannot be the problem. i am also unable to any errors being generated within the raw error logs on the server :thinking: - I cannot replicate this issue, which makes life very hard for me to troubleshoot.

I need as much information from you guys, the IE errors you kindly posted at top, more of them would help. :2thumbsup - I recon though, that the error will change on each page load.

VR4 MAD
12-07-2006, 01:52 PM
Cheers, I checked the code on that page, it doesnt go up to char 24, infact on line 672 theres only 9 chars.. and 872 has 30, yet the code isnt doing anything in particular..

could you copy paste that whole error message in for me please?

Does anyone else have error messages? I need them, they help :)

BraindG........what I attached was all the error message. I checked it on screen before capturing it. There was no more...........sorry.

Another thing I've just noticed and I've seen similar things at the bottom of my incomplete pages and spread around inside pages since these troubles started, random lines of html coding like this...............

WildCards vbmenu_register("postmenu_168725", true);
CVR4 Committee

<a href="member.php?u=1747"

............I've attached a screen capture again where this occured. This is not isolated but has been occuring all over the place for me, especially towards the bottom of pages just before big blank areas where the next message should be.

Any help?

VR4 MAD
12-07-2006, 02:00 PM
BraindG, one other thing too........images like the one I just uploaded aren't opening fully. A new IE6 window opens and about half the image comes in but IE thinks all the image has come in. This afternoon I tried saving an incompltee image and opening it in an image editor and only the bit IE saw was diplayed in the image editor too.......strange.

Any help............yes...no........uummmmmmmm

Off to bed now, it bl**dly late on our side of the planet and got work tomorrow.

Cheers,
VR4 MAD

VR4 MAD
12-07-2006, 02:03 PM
I been having trouble with it for a couple of days now.
the last message on each thread page is blank or a strange colour purple with no text, and I can't get past that message.

Also some navigation buttons don't respond.

Big Trubs !

Oh No the plagues spreading.............................

:end:

BraindG
12-07-2006, 02:09 PM
That Html code your showing is standard code for showing the drop down menus..

It looks like it having a hissy fit, and spweing html everywhere.

Ill keep investigating..

Funkstar
12-07-2006, 03:16 PM
I'm having some odd experiences at work, but at home it's perfect.

On this thread for example, I cant get to the bottom of the page, where it stops at a purple line. To the left of that line is should be someones avatar but there is just this <a href="member.php?u=1747" class="bigusernam0.

I had to use the New Reply button at top of page for this post.

Using Pipex at home, but not sure about work. Will ask.

Nutter_John
12-07-2006, 04:14 PM
Barry

Ok I still have the issue but only in IE - I captured the source of the web page displayed when it goes wrong and it looks like the response back from the back end server is being trunacated . I have compressed the source files generated by the php forum script and at the end of each one you can see that it just cuts off .

It may be a server issue or a bug in php .

Cheers John

Qwertyco
12-07-2006, 04:19 PM
I'm on Firefox and I'm being Truncated also.

I hate being truncated. :inquisiti

BraindG
12-07-2006, 04:36 PM
It may be a server issue or a bug in php .

Its got to be Server end, i have made no changes to Code, for weeks now.

Looks like it gives up parsing the code, does it take some time when this occurs? like its timing out, or does it just end and stop instantly?

Nutter_John
12-07-2006, 04:38 PM
Hi Barry

On my side it times out very quickly so I don't think it is a time out issue -

Have they patched or uplifted the version of PHP on the server in the last week or so ? or has there version become corupt etc

Cheers John

BraindG
12-07-2006, 04:49 PM
Hi Barry

On my side it times out very quickly so I don't think it is a time out issue -

Have they patched or uplifted the version of PHP on the server in the last week or so ? or has there version become corupt etc

Cheers John
Not as far as im aware, ill ask them though.

No corruption from what Ive been told, they checked that.

Spirit
12-07-2006, 05:13 PM
Now found today I could not access the site at all from work (Wanadoo 2Mb connection). Just a blank white screen.

Can access at home but still some issues like PM's etc

Another issue here ? http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17611

colVR4
12-07-2006, 08:31 PM
I have no problem at all from home, site works perfectly. I am using current IE on an NTL 10mb Broadband.

Could it be a user profile issue? That would explain why some users are experiencing problems and others aren't. Is there a user database that has become corrupt?

BraindG
12-07-2006, 08:38 PM
I have no problem at all from home, site works perfectly. I am using current IE on an NTL 10mb Broadband.

Could it be a user profile issue? That would explain why some users are experiencing problems and others aren't. Is there a user database that has become corrupt?
no, thats all been looked into already :( - the database is fine.

BraindG
12-07-2006, 08:38 PM
no, thats all been looked into already :( - the database is fine.

but that would be a good test i suppose?

Wodjno
12-07-2006, 09:06 PM

Are you OK on PM's aswell Col ?

When i click on PM's the bar at the bottom does not complete and if i stay on there long enough it times out !

colVR4
12-07-2006, 09:08 PM
PMs are fine for me. Page loads correctly.

Nutter_John
12-07-2006, 09:09 PM
Barry Maybe Col is on to something - are all the people reporting problems paid up members

I have seen a report about a trunacated reply being from the mysql db and not the php

WildCards
12-07-2006, 09:13 PM
Barry Maybe Col is on to something - are all the people reporting problems paid up members

I have seen a report about a trunacated reply being from the mysql db and not the php

hmm, lemme log on as Cleaning Lady...

Cleaning Lady
12-07-2006, 09:17 PM

BINGO!!

At work:

At Home:

I can't use new posts button - NOW WORKS
I can't use the search button - NOW WORKS
I can't view PM's or pager messages - NOW WORKS

Using Kates logon everything works ok. I'll try it when i'm at work tomorrow, as I have different issues on different computers but this is looking promising.

BraindG
12-07-2006, 09:17 PM
hmm, lemme log on as Cleaning Lady...
Aye, do some testing with that, if still a problem, ill create you a new member account.

BraindG
12-07-2006, 09:18 PM
BINGO!!

At work:

At Home:

I can't view PM's or pager messages - NOW WORKS

Using Kates logon everything works ok. I'll try it when i'm at work tomorrow, as I have different issues on different computers but this is looking promising.
Aha... interesting, lemme go into phpmysql and check out your profile.

WildCards
12-07-2006, 09:20 PM
back on mine now Barry, lemme know if you want me to swap

BraindG
12-07-2006, 09:21 PM
back on mine now Barry, lemme know if you want me to swap
T%ake it your having problems again?

WildCards
12-07-2006, 09:26 PM
Yep, as above on my account, but using Kate's everythings fine. Seems John may have cottoned on to something.

Nutter_John
12-07-2006, 09:30 PM
If I'm correct does mean i'll get a rep point :evilgrin:

if not then back to school for me :scholar:

BraindG
12-07-2006, 09:30 PM
k, done a couple things, can you test please ?

WildCards
12-07-2006, 09:34 PM
Got the first two:

At Home:
I can't view PM's or pager messages - Takes even longer to show the error screen than before, so it must be thinking about doing it at least.

BraindG
12-07-2006, 09:35 PM
alright, anyone else seeing an improvement?

Nutter_John
12-07-2006, 09:36 PM
Just tried mine as well still no workie in IE ok in Mozilla

BraindG
12-07-2006, 09:38 PM
Steve try PM now?

WildCards
12-07-2006, 09:47 PM
hmm... I get a blue screen (forum background) for about 8-10 seconds then to the white error screen like before. I didn't get the blue screen before.

BraindG
12-07-2006, 09:55 PM
erm, can i call you , would like to test a couple things? - post yer number in committee forum if thats ok.

VR4 MAD
12-07-2006, 10:04 PM
alright, anyone else seeing an improvement?

Sorry but nothings changed for me. Now at work and all's still f**ked up.

Sorry for the slowness of replying but it's a bit tedious to get to view new posts within large threads at the moment. Menus still not working either.

Looks like the brains trust :scholar: is maybe onto something..........hopefully

:2thumbsup

BraindG
12-07-2006, 10:32 PM
ok, i think we got Steve up and running now, however the real test will be tomorrow, when hes at work as thats where he experienced most of the issues.

I tried changing his usergroup from committee to registered, nothing happened. After this I logged in as Steve, and seen first hand what occurs, which proves its a UserID issue.

I think the problem has gone by exporting/deleteding all his PM's,thus far hes been ok.

VR4 MAD - may i try this with you?

Spirit
12-07-2006, 10:49 PM
How can it be a userid issue when I can't even get to log in at work - just get a white screen, so it doesn't even know my userid ?

BraindG
12-07-2006, 10:50 PM
How can it be a userid issue when I can't even get to log in at work - just get a white screen, so it doesn't even know my userid ?
/shrug - all i know is i have no problems here or at work with my account - i log in as Steve, and i experience all the issues people have been complaining about.

Must be profile related, what exactly i don't know yet.

VR4 MAD
12-07-2006, 10:51 PM
ok, i think we got Steve up and running now, however the real test will be tomorrow, when hes at work as thats where he experienced most of the issues.

I tried changing his usergroup from committee to registered, nothing happened. After this I logged in as Steve, and seen first hand what occurs, which proves its a UserID issue.

I think the problem has gone by exporting/deleteding all his PM's,thus far hes been ok.

VR4 MAD - may i try this with you?

Yes..................how's this done?

BraindG
12-07-2006, 10:53 PM
Yes..................how's this done?
Ill do it by exporting your PM's from the database, to csv.. then delete them from backend, and send you them.... if thats ok, ill do it now, and lets see what happens?

VR4 MAD
12-07-2006, 10:55 PM
Ill do it by exporting your PM's from the database, to csv.. then delete them from backend, and send you them.... if thats ok, ill do it now, and lets see what happens?

OK. Should I then receive the PM's again? I've not tried using the PM system so can't say whether it's been working for me or not during these troubled times......................../pan

Let me know what I should see happen.

:speechles

Spirit
12-07-2006, 10:58 PM
/shrug - all i know is i have no problems here or at work with my account - i log in as Steve, and i experience all the issues people have been complaining about.

Must be profile related, what exactly i don't know yet.

You may be onto something, just logged in as Shaz and she has none of the issues I do.....wierd !

BraindG
12-07-2006, 10:59 PM
ok try it now please..

BraindG
12-07-2006, 11:01 PM
You may be onto something, just logged in as Shaz and she has none of the issues I do.....wierd !
it is weird, but i need to i figure out what exactly is wrong, at the minute im guessing PM's but it may not be...

perhaps something happened to the server, installed updated or something, and all the people that were logged in that time picked up some form of corruption?

Spirit
12-07-2006, 11:03 PM
Barry

I only had 2 PM's in my folder so exported them to csv and deleted them. Now have zero PM's - but still the same issues /Grrr

BraindG
12-07-2006, 11:04 PM
Barry

I only had 2 PM's in my folder so exported them to csv and deleted them. Now have zero PM's - but still the same issues /Grrr
im doing it differently though :) - from DB itself.

Spirit
12-07-2006, 11:05 PM
im doing it differently though :) - from DB itself.

Ok, go ahead and do mine mate :2thumbsup

BraindG
12-07-2006, 11:14 PM
Ok, go ahead and do mine mate :2thumbsup
see, the database thinks you have 365 PM's Showing rows 0 - 299 (365 total, Query took 0.0061 sec) - You Pm box says zero, correct? somethings up /Grrr

VR4 MAD
12-07-2006, 11:14 PM
ok try it now please..

PM summary now shows 0. Apart from that, menus still not working, tried 'new posts' and that's truncated as before and 5 post limit still appears to be in effect. In summary...............no change. Buggar/Grrr

/pan /help

Spirit
12-07-2006, 11:15 PM
see, the database thinks you have 365 PM's Showing rows 0 - 299 (365 total, Query took 0.0061 sec) - You Pm box says zero, correct? somethings up /Grrr

Yep PM box shows zero mate /help

BraindG
12-07-2006, 11:16 PM
Yep PM box shows zero mate /help
try now, ive deleted all them entries.

Spirit
12-07-2006, 11:21 PM
Nope, still the same mate and I tried logging out and back in too.

BraindG
12-07-2006, 11:22 PM
try again pete sorry, ive done exactly the same to you, as i did with Steve. Yet, hes ok?

VR4 MAD
12-07-2006, 11:22 PM
Nope, still the same mate and I tried logging out and back in too.

Same for me too...........did the logout and in as well.............. no change!

BraindG
12-07-2006, 11:24 PM
ok, next question... Spirit, VR4 MAD - were you both logged into the site at 08-07-2006, 11:10 PM ?

Spirit
12-07-2006, 11:29 PM
Well I posted at 10.59pm and 11.28pm so would assume so

VR4 MAD
12-07-2006, 11:35 PM
ok, next question... Spirit, VR4 MAD - were you both logged into the site at 08-07-2006, 11:10 PM ?

Spirit would be best to answer that as I have time zone issues........is that 11:10pm Saturday UK time which would make it 10:10am Sunday our (NZ) time. I don't think I was online then but unfortunately can't be sure. Sorry. If it had been latter, I was out so could say with more certainty. Just can't remember if I checked the site before we went out...........getting old and the memory isn't what it was.

Any further ahead?

BraindG
13-07-2006, 12:38 AM
no probs mad - im onto hosting company, and the guys that write the forum code, cos ive no scoooooooobie whats going on... i can log on as Pete, on this machine.. and everything is fine, he logs back on down south... and he cant do nothing.. its very odd!.

Buit I have made a change..

can this be checked?

Spirit
13-07-2006, 12:41 AM
Nothings changed my end Barry /help

BraindG
13-07-2006, 12:48 AM
argh, alright!.. ill update the support thread.. thanks Pete.

VR4 MAD
13-07-2006, 01:05 AM

Same here.............unfortunately/Hissy

Nick VR4
13-07-2006, 07:18 AM
I have noticed that going to http://www.clubvr4.com doesnt cause a problem with IE going to 50%

BUT going to http://www.clubvr4.com/forum does I can hear the fan in the PC kick on check task manager IE 50% + and stay on until I exit IE

WildCards
13-07-2006, 08:00 AM
Everythings still ok for me at home, I'll be at ork for 9ish so i'll check during the course of the morning

BraindG
13-07-2006, 08:39 AM
Everythings still ok for me at home, I'll be at ork for 9ish so i'll check during the course of the morning
Alrighty.. the weird thing last night, if i logged in as Peter, i didnt have any problems. I then changed his primary group from admin to committee and registered and he has no problems, he logs in as Shaz, no problems.. put him back in as admin, and problem came back /Grrr

wtf :thinking: /pan /Grrr

Qwertyco
13-07-2006, 08:40 AM
Site worked fine this morning at home on AOL/Firefox,

down to five posts per page here at work again (Firefox also). /help

BraindG
13-07-2006, 08:46 AM
Site worked fine this morning at home on AOL/Firefox,

down to five posts per page here at work again (Firefox also). /help
Were you logged into site on 08-07-2006, at 11:10 PM?

BraindG
13-07-2006, 09:01 AM
Ok, Im going to need someone's account please.

This will be used to replicate the issue, reproduce the issues so both the hosting company, vbulletin crew and myself can run some tests.

I will create you temp account which you can use until the issue has been resolved.

I'll need someone's account who suffers from all of the follows symptoms, or most of them.

1. Unable to access PM's
2. Unable to use the drop down menus from Usernames in threads.
3. Page stops after 5 threads.
4. Random HTML on page.

Cheers.

Barry

WildCards
13-07-2006, 10:06 AM
Goolies!

Having the same problems here at work Barry.

Can't access the drop down menu's
Can't use the search facility
Can't view more than 5 posts per thread

colVR4
13-07-2006, 06:25 PM
I cannot view forums at work but I have no issues at home.

I would say that it is probably a code problem combined with user account issues. What extra or different coding happens with the different levels of account? Are there Java, ActiveX, macros, etc running with different accounts?

The reason that I think it could be this is because my work account goes through a proxy server that has tighter controls on things like Java, flash, etc.

Just a thought!!!

BraindG
13-07-2006, 07:18 PM
I cannot view forums at work but I have no issues at home.

I would say that it is probably a code problem combined with user account issues. What extra or different coding happens with the different levels of account? Are there Java, ActiveX, macros, etc running with different accounts?

The reason that I think it could be this is because my work account goes through a proxy server that has tighter controls on things like Java, flash, etc.

Just a thought!!!
Im about to disable everything, and use a default skin :speechles - this will prove either way.

Brunty
13-07-2006, 07:57 PM
Barry, just to let you know my issues seem to be resolved with the 'basic' skin. No issues refreshing or going back to previous pages and can access my PM's. Cheers.

Oh...and good luck in working out the fix (I was logged on at the time/date you specified) we appreciate the work you're putting into this frustrating problem.

Cheers

Brunty

Funkstar
13-07-2006, 07:59 PM
Oh...and good luck in working out the fix (I was logged on at the time/date you specified) we appreciate the work you're putting into this frustrating problem.

I'll second that.

Has always been ok at home, just messed up at work. If this change is still on tomorrow I'll report back.

BraindG
15-07-2006, 08:20 AM
Could i get some confirmation the problems are still there?

Just incase whatever they done lastnight resolved any issues.

I had issues with attachments, but now i don't.

Spirit
15-07-2006, 08:30 AM
Seem to be the same for me mate

The Vee
15-07-2006, 08:58 AM
sems to be ok at home, but work is where I had the probs (same as WildCards') but unable to access work till monday. Just noticed, is pager missing?

Spirit
15-07-2006, 09:04 AM
Yep Barry has disabled all the extras we have like pager, media player etc until he can resolve the issues. He is pretty sure it's one of the plug-ins causing the issue so he plans to reload them one at a time to find the culprit(s)

The Vee
15-07-2006, 09:05 AM
ok thanks mate

Lillywotsername
15-07-2006, 10:01 AM
Every thing seems to be fine here:2thumbsup

Nick VR4
15-07-2006, 11:44 AM
Using IE = 50% in task manager
Using FF = 0 % in task Manager

Guess I'll use FF then :2thumbsup

Spirit