PDA

View Full Version : body kit & cap pc

n13l pm
09-07-2006, 02:57 AM
Hi all

im new to clubvr-4, been looking around on all the galant non vr4 threads but cant find any rated body kits for my 2.5 v6 elegance 2003 or any one with a car pc.

personally i think the front bumper looks solid as it is, but i need a rear bumper and side skirts.. help please..

im also currently building a car pc for my galant and was hoping someone out there was interested in exchanging details/tips. im working on putting a 8" touchscreen tft in place of the double din area and building the computer in the glove box. anyone done this?

Gly
09-07-2006, 06:35 AM
there arnt any non turbo specific ones,
the VR4 ones fit straight on.

same body different motor.

Bradc and help with the in-car comp

bradc
09-07-2006, 09:50 AM
Yeah you can use basically any Legnum/Galant body kit you want on the car, no probs at all.

I'm mounting a voompc case underneath the passenger seat on my car and having it run through the touch screen which came standard with the car. There isn't really much you need to know about it, you just need to get it installed.

n13l pm
09-07-2006, 12:09 PM
thanks for the replies people. il have a look around for vr4 bumpers and side skirts.

im having a mission trying to install my 8" lcd, i didnt have one pre installed as standard like u bradc, i need to create sumthing out of firbeglass so that the dam screen sits in smooth and at the same time i might install my dvd slot loader there aswell.

Did u build ur own pc or did u buy it pre made? also have u got amps hooked up to your system? im thinking of getting a 7 channel sound card and running two amps, one for the speakers and one for two subs. will i need line drivers? how have u set up your sounds?

Thanks in advanced

bradc
09-07-2006, 08:52 PM
I made it on my own, I used the voompc case, a via mini epia board, 512mb ram and a 40gb drive. My factory setup has the touch screen in the dash, and it has a tv tuner box with a video in and sound in by default anyway. I've just got the outputs from the computer hooked up into that, which goes through the normal sound system. I haven't changed any speakers or anything like that. I may change the speakers, but I won't install any subs into the car.

n13l pm
09-07-2006, 09:22 PM
i see. i guess thats sumthing you get in the New Zealand models which you dont get in the UK ones. its lucky it was as easy as just pluging in to the video in and sound in. i got a mission on my hands to connect everything up, im quite in to my sounds and want to connect my aftermarket speakers and amps.

iv also got a mini epia board but with 1gb ram, 60gb hard drive, leadtek gps receiver (for sat nav) and a dvd slot loader. its running in my house fine but once iv worked around my screen il stick it in the glove box. hows your running?