PDA

View Full Version : WARNING! Speed Trap error M4 in Newport

Nick VR4
25-10-2003, 02:16 PM
Story in the papers today ... an estimated 2,500 drivers who were wrongly fined and given penalty points when a speed camera was placed in the wrong position are not being told of the error.

The drivers were photographed on the M4 near Newport in South Wales at junction 24, known as the Coldra roundabout. The camera was to monitor vehicles passing roadworks with a 50mph limit. Instead it was placed 200 metres past the speed restriction and drivers who were legally accelerating up to 70mph were caught.

Despite admitting the error, the Safeta Camera Partnership said yesterday there would be no blanket amnesty and that drivers would have to appeal individually to have the fine and penalty points rescinded.

Ten drivers have so far appealed to magistrates to overturn their penalties and all have won their case.

Spirit
25-10-2003, 06:07 PM
That is totally disgusting and if it was me I would be sueing the bast**ds for the stress it would have caused me - that would teach the fu*kers !

zedy1
25-10-2003, 08:19 PM
i totally agree with u pete,

Brind
25-10-2003, 08:33 PM
Arseholes.

How hard can it possibly be to remove all speed offences from a list?
Do they really think people won't contest and fight for the removal of the points etc?.. as Pete says, sue the bastards!!!

banjo
25-10-2003, 09:35 PM
Sue 'em!! I would. This just shows you how the law in this country has lost the integrity it once had - scumbags

Kieran
26-10-2003, 10:53 AM
:io: :grr: :mad2: :gun2: :bang: :soapbox:

...And that's all I have to say on this matter!:D

P.S...

If anybody's heard the rumor about there now being SPECS cameras on the M4, it's a pile of pants, apparently. The ABD have an artice linked from their font page...

ABD Front Page (http://www.abd.org.uk)