PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Filter

n13l pm
10-07-2006, 04:49 PM
This might be a stupid question, but anyone know where the fuel filter is located? (2.5l v6 4dr) I got a manual on cd for the car but it doesnt really show where it is clearly, seems like under the rear seats.

I just serviced my car myself and only have the fuel filter left to do.

John
10-07-2006, 06:39 PM
It should be under the car near one of the rear wheels, where the fuel lines and brake pipes run. Metal canister type, and I bet they're not cheap. Have you bought one?

n13l pm
10-07-2006, 07:14 PM
nice one mate. nah it didnt cost that much about £20 all in, if that. from www.japarts.co.uk in hendon (north london) its a copy not original mind.

Thanks

John
10-07-2006, 07:43 PM
Let us know how well it fits: I could do with changing mine.

Hadn't seen that site before. Three whole pages of bits for us!

Spirit
10-07-2006, 07:57 PM
Also got some VR4 parts - link now posted in the members parts section :2thumbsup

n13l pm
10-07-2006, 08:03 PM
yeah il let u knw how it goes. i got my oil filer, pads all way round and air filter from there and all fitted ok, i live locally to them so its easier to change anything if it doesnt fit and no postage charge. there the cheapest copy parts i could find, cnt afford upgraded parts yet, only just purchased the car.

by the way they sell other stuff but u gotta call them, they even claim they will import any part you want!