PDA

View Full Version : Cruise and ABS failure.

John
10-07-2006, 06:54 PM
Here's an interesting one!

The Cruise control stopped working on my V6 (wouldn't engage) and around the same time I started getting the ABS brake warning light coming on about 10 minutes into every journey./Hmmm

After much head-scratching and checking of switches and looms and sensors, I traced the "fault" to the fact I had fitted LED brake-light 'bulbs'. /duh The cruise and ABS controllers were seemingly detecting that the brake-lights (and therefore the brakes) were on all the time - and as you will be aware the cruise is kicked off when the brakes are applied.

Anybody else experienced this - in which case cancel that trip to Mitsi for an expensive fault-finding session!

dogwagon
08-08-2006, 12:56 AM
Here's an interesting one!

The Cruise control stopped working on my V6 (wouldn't engage) and around the same time I started getting the ABS brake warning light coming on about 10 minutes into every journey./Hmmm

After much head-scratching and checking of switches and looms and sensors, I traced the "fault" to the fact I had fitted LED brake-light 'bulbs'. /duh The cruise and ABS controllers were seemingly detecting that the brake-lights (and therefore the brakes) were on all the time - and as you will be aware the cruise is kicked off when the brakes are applied.

Anybody else experienced this - in which case cancel that trip to Mitsi for an expensive fault-finding session!

Hi
I have a feeling that i have read something on the packaging of LED bulbs that they can do strange things to an ' advanced' car's systems.

ritch_w
08-08-2006, 08:11 AM
sorted now????