PDA

View Full Version : AYC warning light

Robotnik123
13-07-2006, 09:48 AM
My '99 Legnum VR-4 Type S got holed in the back on the right hand side edge when a car which was parked behind it on the street pulled out and smacked into the back.

Anyway, the damage wasn't too bad I think - just a large whole in the bumper, and no further and definitely no damage to the AYC components.

Anyway, I just got it back from the panelbeaters - they fitted a new bumper and now my AYC warning light has come on. Has the panelbeater killed my AYC? Is there are anyway I can check this? I am hoping they just loosened a connection or something. Is it possible they could have stuffed up the whole system??

mpau009
13-07-2006, 10:51 AM
My '99 Legnum VR-4 Type S got holed in the back on the right hand side edge when a car which was parked behind it on the street pulled out and smacked into the back.

Anyway, the damage wasn't too bad I think - just a large whole in the bumper, and no further and definitely no damage to the AYC components.

Anyway, I just got it back from the panelbeaters - they fitted a new bumper and now my AYC warning light has come on. Has the panelbeater killed my AYC? Is there are anyway I can check this? I am hoping they just loosened a connection or something. Is it possible they could have stuffed up the whole system??

I think the main thing that could have damaged it, is just having it sit there. I had a leaking AYC system for a long time, then i didn't drive it for 5 days, and it crapped out./help

Can't say why it would stop otherwise, and I can't say what condition it would have been into start with. I guess they might have bumped it, but its pretty well protected. A proper Mitsi diagnostic will pick it up, but for the mean time have you tried resetting the battery? I did, but it kept coming back. Also check the hydraulic control fluid level (behind the carpet panel, back right).

Good luck getting it sorted, hopefully it will just be a switch, and not the pump..

bradc
13-07-2006, 11:44 AM
If I had to guess I'd say they have probably bumped something somewhere. Why don't you tell them the problem and see what they say, hopefully they will agree to sort it out for you, if not it might be best for you to go into mitsi and get them to diagnose it.

You See
13-07-2006, 11:49 AM
How many panelbeaters out there will admit to fudging up your car while in their possession and offer to fix it?....Not likely to be many...most panelbeaters are stubborn poo bums! /pan

Robotnik123
13-07-2006, 11:59 AM
If I had to guess I'd say they have probably bumped something somewhere. Why don't you tell them the problem and see what they say, hopefully they will agree to sort it out for you, if not it might be best for you to go into mitsi and get them to diagnose it.

I ought to be able to make a claim under my insurance - blame it on the earlier hit and have it part of the old claim. I am sure this sort of thing happens sometimes - damage to other components only discovered later. I mean the AYC is almost exactly where the hit happened. It could well be related!

You See
13-07-2006, 12:01 PM
It doesn't cost anything to ask the question...what have you got to lose! :2thumbsup

Robotnik123
13-07-2006, 12:09 PM
It doesn't cost anything to ask the question...what have you got to lose! :2thumbsup

I plan to ring the dealer at 7:30am tomorrow when they open and see if they can take it. Hopefully it will be minor fix. If not I'm going to ring the panelbeater, insurance and whoever and scream blue murder if my pump is dead or something like that.

You See
13-07-2006, 12:11 PM
Sounds like a good idea. Keep us posted! :)

Robotnik123
13-07-2006, 12:27 PM
Sounds like a good idea. Keep us posted! :)

I really hope it'll be OK. AYC is very important to me! The one most vital feature that I really want going on the car.

Kenneth
13-07-2006, 09:12 PM
I really hope it'll be OK. AYC is very important to me! The one most vital feature that I really want going on the car.

Could be useful if you are up for august 6 :)

Robotnik123
14-07-2006, 03:01 AM

Well heard back from Mitsi. It was a disconnected multiplug to the AYC. Anyway, she's back up and running. Now all I have to do is confront the panelbeater about their negligence and the ~$200 bill from the dealer for the 2hrs labour it took them to find the fault.

RogerRally
28-07-2006, 11:50 AM
Do you know where abouts this multiplug on your Type s is?,
in my experience there is no multiplug under the car for the sensors/ solenoids etc, just a main powerplug for the 12v motor.
maybe its in the boot, near the top up bottle.
Glad its all sorted now