PDA

View Full Version : Summink Up? New thread.

BraindG
13-07-2006, 10:04 AM
Just realised you may not see this, in the other thread

Ok, Im going to need someone's account please.

This will be used to replicate the issue, reproduce the issues so both the hosting company, vbulletin crew and myself can run some tests.

I will create you temp account which you can use until the issue has been resolved.

I'll need someone's account who suffers from all of the follows symptoms, or most of them.

1. Unable to access PM's
2. Unable to use the drop down menus from Usernames in threads.
3. Page stops after 5 threads.
4. Random HTML on page.

Cheers.

Barry

WildCards
13-07-2006, 10:13 AM
I suffer from issues 2,3 & 4 Barry. You're more than welcome to use my account mate. Login details are still the same as last night, I haven't had chance to change them.

I'll use Kate's login until it's sorted to save you pi55ing about.

Cleaning Lady
13-07-2006, 10:17 AM
Oh bo!!ocks. I'm now having the same touble using Cleaning Lady's account.

2. Unable to use the drop down menus from Usernames in threads.
3. Page stops after 5 threads.
4. Random HTML on page.

BraindG
13-07-2006, 10:24 AM
hmmm, yet it works at home?

this just gets weirder..

alright, Ill create you a new account, lets test that...

BraindG
13-07-2006, 10:26 AM
ok, wildcards2 = userID password is the same as the one i gave you lastnight.
what happens now?

WildCards2
13-07-2006, 10:33 AM
alright, Ill create you a new account, lets test that...

1. Unable to use search.
2. Page stops after 5 threads.
3. Random HTML on page.

Using these login details

BraindG
13-07-2006, 10:38 AM
And i can't replicate the issues with your original account /Grrr

DOH!

WildCards
13-07-2006, 10:39 AM
test

WildCards2
13-07-2006, 10:44 AM
ok, wildcards2 = userID password is the same as the one i gave you lastnight.
what happens now?

I can't see anything below this dude

BraindG
13-07-2006, 10:58 AM
Alright, you may aswell use the other account again. I cannot use your current one as I cannot replicate the issues here. (although i was able to at home.)

AderC
13-07-2006, 12:16 PM
I'm having some of these problems when I view the site at work, but everything's OK from home...

aDe

Physician
13-07-2006, 01:03 PM
Barry .......... I am not an IT bod in any way but this all sounds like one of the weirdest issues I have heard of.

It crosses my mind that it might be a virus? Maybe a virus which uses HTML as it's access? Part of the reason I suggest this is because I am perfectly OK in respect of all the types of issues that Wildcards and others are reporting. I've had a similar experience with another site a few years back and as an Apple user (software) I was fine.

Anyway, I'm sure you'll be able to discard this possibility pretty quickly with what you already know. Let me know if you would like me to do any testing.

Qwertyco
13-07-2006, 01:27 PM
\r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n WildCards2 (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/member.php?u=3483)\r\n vbmenu_register("postmenu_168980", true); \r\n \r\n
\r\n \r\n CVR4 Committee

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/../misc/member.gif
\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n Join Date: Jul 2006
\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n Country: Barbados
\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n Posts: 5
\r\n Rep:http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/images/reputation/reputation_balance.gif
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/images/statusicon/user_offline.gif\r\n\r\n\r\n

\r\n \r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n Originally Posted by BraindG\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n alright, Ill create you a new account, lets test that...
\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n1. Unable to use search.
\r\n2. Page stops after 5 threads.
\r\n3. Random HTML on page.
\r\n
\r\nUsing these login details
\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\nhttp://www.clubvr4.com/forum/images/buttons/reputation.gif (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/reputation.php?p=168980)\r\n http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/images/buttons/report.gif (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/report.php?p=168980)\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/images/buttons/quote.gif (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=168980)\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
(cut 'n' pasted)
:thinking:It got worse !:thinking:

Physician
13-07-2006, 01:39 PM
Under Qwertyco's name it says "Registered Loser".

Eh???????

Nick Mann
13-07-2006, 01:57 PM
I didn't think I was having issues, but I have just discovered that my PM list is not loading properly. Seems to be similar to issues that others are having. It loads most of the page no problem, then I get a random bit of script where the senders name should appear, then there is nothing below (no links, no buttons, no footer).

I get this problem at work using IE 6.0 on win2k service pack 4. I have also tried firefox 1.0.6 but get the same problem except the code is not displayed.

Attached is a screen shot for you perusal! I shall check this evening at home to see if anything is different there.

It is also worth pointing out that I am 90% sure I wasn't logged in at all on 8/7/06.

BraindG
13-07-2006, 02:08 PM
Nick I resolved this for Steve by deleting all his PM's...

Nick VR4
13-07-2006, 02:10 PM
:speechles :speechles :speechles

This is wierd

I know vBulletin Version 3.5.3 had a Cross Site Scripting issue

Would this be causing issues ???????

Input passed to the "Email Address" field in the "Edit Email & Password" functionality is not properly sanitised before being stored in the user's profile. This can be exploited to execute arbitrary HTML and script code in a user's browser session in context of an affected web site when the email address of a malicious user is viewed.

Successful exploitation requires that "Enable Email features" and "Allow Users to Email Other Member" are enabled in the configuration.

The vulnerability has been reported in version 3.5.3. Prior versions may also be affected.

Wodjno
13-07-2006, 02:10 PM
Just realised you may not see this, in the other thread

When i click on Nick Manns User name on the forums page for THIS thread.. :inquisiti It go's to Barrys profile /help

Nick Mann
13-07-2006, 02:15 PM
Nick I resolved this for Steve by deleting all his PM's...

Let me go through the ones I can see first!!

BraindG
13-07-2006, 02:32 PM
Let me go through the ones I can see first!!
I can export to CSV if you want?

Jeeves
13-07-2006, 03:46 PM
Probaly stating the obvious here, but the problem with the pages only loading 5 posts or so... it seems to just stop the transfer of data (html) at a random point. Sometimes this point will be before the closing bracket ... > .... of an html line, hence the line of code appearing at the bottom of ones screen.

Could it be a server issue where it decides to cut off transmission of data randomly... there is a name for it but I cant remember.... connection reset by peer? *shrug*.

Whether thats caused by vbulltin or the server.. who knows?

back to work...

Roberto
14-07-2006, 12:17 AM
Same issue from this side of the water as well.

Any resolution soon?

richy rich
14-07-2006, 08:13 AM
barry im having isues to today

1 drop downs are working then not
2 can't see all my pms.

Qwertyco
14-07-2006, 08:42 AM
Currently:
using IE6 at work I can read up to message 6 of this thread, message 7 is blanked out.
using firefox (browser of choice) at work I can read uo to message 5 and every message is littered with \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n \r\nht (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17656)

Qwertyco
14-07-2006, 08:46 AM
. . . . and suddenly since posting the last message I now get page 2 of this thread, but only with messages from No.21 to 24.

Jimbo
14-07-2006, 09:21 AM
Ah I see....I was about to post a new thread, but it seems others are having similar problems.

I can't log on at home any more, haven't been able to for about a week, but at work when I've had the chance, the site seems to run perfectly fine. Last night I tried disabling my Norton firewall, and presto....site loaded !

Sorry if any of this has already been figured out...got to be quick 'cos I'm at work, so can't read all these posts.

Basically...IE/Firefox + NIS firewall + XP = white screen, without NIS firewall....fine.

I'll keep trying....hopefully be back on soon.

BraindG
14-07-2006, 09:58 AM
hmmm.. the firewall thing was mentioned before...

what restrictions do you have set up on your firewall, if any? i'd be interested in getting some tests done, maybe a ccertain port is blocking something.

Are the others who are having problems use Norton aswell?

BraindG
14-07-2006, 10:03 AM
try opening port 4362

richy rich
14-07-2006, 10:20 AM
Barry I am having to use Richards screen name as I can't access any threads at all. I have tried new posts and posts last 24hrs and its coming up that there are non to view. I still have 200ish that havn't looked at yet.

Just edited my e.mail address could this be the problem???

Lorraine

BraindG
14-07-2006, 10:22 AM
so, your account was ok, then you changed email, and it stopped working? what stopped working?

BraindG
14-07-2006, 10:23 AM
try opening port 4362
Actually, scrap that... i mis read my ports this end.

richy rich
14-07-2006, 10:47 AM
so, your account was ok, then you changed email, and it stopped working? what stopped working?
It was fine last night... I was able to see all new posts ect, but now I am just getting the " no new posts " sign coming up even when I click on "Posts last 24hrs"

Didn't check to see if it worked before I change my e.mail address.

Jimbo
17-07-2006, 01:04 PM
It may be something strange with my computer, but it is odd that the problems started around the same time as this and the other thread were created and I've not had any updates to XP or NIS run in the meantime.

I'm going to try the test forum tonight, and also play around with my firewall settings, but I don't have any problems whatsoever with any other sites, it's just this one - been on hotmail, bbc, ebay, northloop, and loads more.

Basically....I connect fine to the site itself, but when I click on the forums it freezes for a couple of seconds and then opens a blank white screen with "DONE" at the bottom. Another thing of note....all the logos and banners fail to load as well. The sample gallery pictures are fine, just the logs.

Will "fook wit' settings" a bit more tonight :2thumbsup

BraindG
17-07-2006, 01:14 PM
im assuming you are still having issues at this time? :(

I got email around 12:44, to say test the site, so they have been working on the server.

White Lightning
17-07-2006, 01:37 PM
I am getting the same issue as Jimbo - just get a blank page with "DONE" after freezing for a few seconds. But, I only get this on my home PC - my work laptop is fine. Both machines are running Windows XP but may have different versions of IE. This one (which works) is running IE 6.0.

Qwertyco
21-07-2006, 01:52 PM
any progress reports on the site problems?
It all seems to have gone very quiet.
I still have the same issues, but the test forum was strangely fine a few minutes ago.

Mike.

VR4 MAD
22-07-2006, 12:00 AM
any progress reports on the site problems?
It all seems to have gone very quiet.
I still have the same issues, but the test forum was strangely fine a few minutes ago.

Mike.

Same question from me too...............any news.:speechles

One small thing I can confirm. If you restrict the display of posts per page to 5 (via. your User CP) this (generally) stops errors occuring on the displayed page which importantly then allows the dropdown menus to work:speechles

So in summary:

No page errors = working menus

Any help?

Cheers for your on going efforts.

:iloveyou:

Spirit
22-07-2006, 08:36 AM
Sorry guys but Barry is away at JAE so please bear with him.

BraindG
23-07-2006, 05:52 PM
Same question from me too...............any news.:speechles

One small thing I can confirm. If you restrict the display of posts per page to 5 (via. your User CP) this (generally) stops errors occuring on the displayed page which importantly then allows the dropdown menus to work:speechles

So in summary:

No page errors = working menus

Any help?

Cheers for your on going efforts.

:iloveyou:
There is no ETA as yet, i will be completing the ticket for the vbulletin man to come investigate, this I will have done tomorrow evening.

Sorry :(