PDA

View Full Version : Engine/Transmission varying noises

Lucas
13-07-2006, 10:43 AM
Maybe somethings wrong with my car but I think it may be a Mistubishi thing (hoping anyways)

When accelerating (especially under load ie uphill) I hear a faint and constantly varying change in pitch coming from either the engine or transmission. It goes high/low/high/low/high/low....... A kind of warbling sound if anyone knows what I mean. I suppose you could liken it to the sound of an unbalanced washing machine as it starts to speed up (not quite as harsh sounding though)

Anyone know what I'm talking about???

What has made me think it might be a Mitsi thing is that I was playing WRC3 on my PS2 and was rallying with an EVO (each car is supposed to sound like its real counterpart) and I noticed the same thing. None of the other makes in the game had the sound.

So if anyone knows what I mean is it a Mitsi specific thing and what/where does the noise come from???

Or maybe I'm just on something..... :5shots:

You See
13-07-2006, 10:58 AM
What gearbox you got, girl-tronic or MANual? :P
It sounds like you're in need of a transmission flush and fluids replaced. Price to do this at your local Mitsi dealer is approx $250 - $280. Good luck.

Gly
13-07-2006, 11:27 AM
is the sound coming more from the right or left side?

could be one of you belts??

maybe a trans flush is needed??

dont forget theres a guide for the trans flush in the members section,

about $15 for a trans flush additive

fluid will cost $100 for 10L
from mitsi (Diamond Queen trans fluid)

dont use anything else it will just cause problems.

Lucas
14-07-2006, 07:21 AM
Yeah it's the transmission with the mini-skirt :evilgrin:

As for which side it's coming from it's too hard to tell as I can only listen to it while moving. Sounds like it's coming front the front of the car! lol

Shouldn't need a transmission flush or fluid change as it had new fluid less than a year ago when my transmission was worked on, also had it run through one of those dialisis machines for cars.

All the belts have also recently been changed as well.

Does the digital EVO need a trans flush as well?? :thinking:

Then again I do have the trans fluid overheating code flashing.....

richy rich
14-07-2006, 07:59 AM
Shouldn't need a transmission flush or fluid change as it had new fluid less than a year ago when my transmission was worked on, also had it run through one of those dialisis machines for cars.

Then again I do have the trans fluid overheating code flashing.....
A year for the atf is a long time and if you have the overheat code you should get it changed asap.