PDA

View Full Version : Selling My Baby

V6nut
13-07-2006, 01:10 PM
My V6 sport is up for sale, /Grrr
Asking £4500 for her, shes an X-reg (2000) with 57000 on the clock. Shes running sweet as a nut and just had her big service (timing belt etc) and had new tyres put on. There's about 5 months tax and 11 months MOT remaining.

Really don't wanna sell her but a house is on the horizon. Anyone know a good home for her?

Any questions either e-mail me on davenorwich24@yahoo.com or call me on 07789 261548 after 5pm.

V6nut
17-07-2006, 06:42 PM
Noticed no-one has replied to this and so far I have next to nothing on the bids on ebay, am I asking too much for her? I think it's quite reasonable considering her condition.
Any advice?

Paul Beazer
17-07-2006, 07:30 PM
I think the price youare asking is about right, they aren't great cars to sell on and dont hold their value too well, even tho they are great cars, most bods dont know much about them and they dont have the cachet that, say a BMW 5 series or similar have, so they tend to be undersold.

Try posting a few piccies up, might help generate some interest.

I love my V6 sport to bits and its done 97k now, engine is still sweet as a nut. As long as these cars are looked after, they should last for a good bit yet. Which reminds me, must get my undersealing looked at sometime.

Good luck with the sale and be patient!

Physician
18-07-2006, 08:07 PM
It's a small world .........

At about 04.00 a.m. last night I pulled up at a Sainsbury's petrol shop to get some food.

As I walked in the shop a guy walking out said something complimentary about my car and asked if it was a turbo. I responded with 'twin turbo' and he was immediately impressed. He then went on to tell me he was selling his oldish BMW 5 series (2 litre) and was buying a Galant V6 from a guy in Norwich!

He mentioned that it was £4,500 and was it a good price/good car etc etc.

Anyway, I gave him a ClubVR4 card and suggested he logged on here.

MGV6
21-07-2006, 08:12 PM
My V6 sport is up for sale, /Grrr
Asking £4500 for her, shes an X-reg (2000) with 57000 on the clock. Shes running sweet as a nut and just had her big service (timing belt etc) and had new tyres put on. There's about 5 months tax and 11 months MOT remaining.

Really don't wanna sell her but a house is on the horizon. Anyone know a good home for her?

Any questions either e-mail me on davenorwich24@yahoo.com or call me on 07789 261548 after 5pm.

any pics?

is it auto or manual?

V6nut
24-07-2006, 01:08 PM
It's a manual. I'll put up the pics when I get home tonight.

V6nut
24-07-2006, 01:11 PM
It's a small world .........

At about 04.00 a.m. last night I pulled up at a Sainsbury's petrol shop to get some food.

As I walked in the shop a guy walking out said something complimentary about my car and asked if it was a turbo. I responded with 'twin turbo' and he was immediately impressed. He then went on to tell me he was selling his oldish BMW 5 series (2 litre) and was buying a Galant V6 from a guy in Norwich!

He mentioned that it was £4,500 and was it a good price/good car etc etc.

Anyway, I gave him a ClubVR4 card and suggested he logged on here.

Shame it wasn't me he bought it from! I have only ever seen 2 sports in Norwich, one is mine and the other is a black Y-reg. Just so happens that the owner of the other sport frequents a person who lives round the corner from me! Small world indeed.

V6nut
24-07-2006, 10:42 PM
Right, should have a few pics on here now for anyone interested.
She is completely standard and runs beautifully. There's no point in telling you about its spec because you probably already know it. The MOT was passed a month or 2 ago and produced no advisories so there's no forseeable problems.
The major service was also done for the timing belt and whatever else goes with it.

Enjoy

Apologies I can't load my pics. I'll try again later