PDA

View Full Version : Bilstein B4's or B8's with -30mm Springs?

MikeKey
14-07-2006, 12:40 AM
Hi,

I'm planning to go for a set of Eibach -30mm springs for my V6 Sport Wagon to deal with that HUUUUGE gap round the wheel arches. After reading all the threads on the subject I figured I'd fit some Bilstein dampers to improve the handling at the same time. :2thumbsup

I'm slightly confused though, cos everything I read says people have fitted Bilstein B4s (BNE-6299/BNE-6342), but Bilstein recommend B8's (as used in the B12 kit) for use with lowering springs. /help

What should I buy?! Are the B4's OK to use with lowering springs?

Cheers all!

Mike

ritch_w
14-07-2006, 08:56 AM
B4s are a replacement for the OEM shocks although slightly uprated being GAS, B12s are the full monty "sports" upgrade.

TBH if you get the eibachs and a set of B4s you will be well sorted!

see these guys http://www.motorsportworld.co.uk/frame-detail.asp?PAGE=/eibach-springs.htm

and make sure you get the correct shocks & springs for your estate - do you have the self levelling rear shocks at the moment?

Spirit
14-07-2006, 09:18 AM
Mike

Take a look in the gallery at my car - it has the B12 kit fitted so you will see how low it is /help

Ritch's advice sounds good to me

n13l pm
17-07-2006, 12:34 PM
Hi

my stock shocks are badly warn out and im thinking of getting some sports upgrades and lowering the car, and have noticed alot of people have said a good combo is Eibach springs and Bilstein shocks. but im worried that a 30mm drop isnt that much compared to the massive space i currently have!

anyone used coilovers on the 4dr? i bet there well costly.. thats why i think il stick to sport shocks and lowering springs.

im also having problems finding the right Bilstein shock for the saloon 2003 2.5l v6.

im hoping for some advise please

ritch_w
17-07-2006, 12:56 PM
but im worried that a 30mm drop isnt that much compared to the massive space i currently have!

anyone used coilovers on the 4dr? i bet there well costly.. thats why i think il stick to sport shocks and lowering springs.

im also having problems finding the right Bilstein shock for the saloon 2003 2.5l v6.

im hoping for some advise please

-30mm eibachs make the galant look "right", use search for bilstein as there are posts somewhere with prices and part nos

heres a pic of my old v6sport lowered on eibachs with standard shocks

n13l pm
17-07-2006, 01:26 PM
iv seen some APEX springs which give me 40mm http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pages/products/product_info.mhtml?id=277

has anyone got these?

MikeKey
17-07-2006, 01:42 PM
Thanks for the help Ritch and Spirit, I'll be going with the B4s and Eibachs :happy:

It might have to wait for a bit now tho. There was a black V6 sport wagon for sale a few months back, low mileage, nice condition, a year younger than mine, and with the black leather interior. Saw it again the other day and it's still for sale but for £1,500 less than the last time I looked! I'm awfully tempted, especially now I've seen how good Ritch's old V6 sport looks in black! :2thumbsup Ritch, are those the standard sport wheels painted black?

Mike

ritch_w
17-07-2006, 09:12 PM
I've seen how good Ritch's old V6 sport looks in black! :2thumbsup Ritch, are those the standard sport wheels painted black?
Mike

its indigo blue! looked black in certain light. yes they are standard sport wheels painted black, could never make my mind up if i liked them or not.... ended up painting them silver again before i traded it in

MR.VOODOO
08-11-2006, 03:50 PM
speak to a tein dealer ( like me ) and get a group buy going !!!!!