15-07-2006, 11:21 PM
:thinking: :thinking:

So I may take my 5 wood from the 1st tee tomorrow !! :2thumbsup
off at 11.16 in the morning.... my first game for yonks !! /help

I'm looking for a score of 80/85 :inquisiti :afro:

as for the back nine ?? /help /Grrr

Spirit
15-07-2006, 11:23 PM
Have a good round mate........bet you spend more time at the 19th than the rest of the course though :5shots:

SGHOM
15-07-2006, 11:29 PM
Have a good round mate........bet you spend more time at the 19th than the rest of the course though :5shots:

nah !! I'm on the wagon soon ! :5shots: :5shots:
I'm really up for a round of golf now..... my hearts not been in it for a couple of years... but I'm 'back in the groove' !! :afro: :afro:
I've got to be..... my clubs cost more than my car is worth !! /help

SGHOM
16-07-2006, 03:26 PM
stupid bl00dy game !! /Grrr /pan /pan
the fairways were so hard & fast.. the course was virtually unplayable. one bounce & the ball took off like a rocket into the gorse bushes ! /help
over 3 hrs to play 9 holes...... so we quit whilst we were losing ! :baby:

BraindG
16-07-2006, 03:30 PM
did you get a tan?

Nick VR4
16-07-2006, 04:11 PM
3 hours 9 holes /Grrrnot good

So what was your score for 9 holes ???

SGHOM
16-07-2006, 04:16 PM
So what was your score for 9 holes ???

3 pars... two bogeys.. a double bogey... & lets not talk about the others !! /Grrr /help
When I hit it clean, I was driving over 300 yds [ with run ] my playing partner.. Gary.. put his drive on the 8th, on the green !! 353 yds par 4 !!

SGHOM
16-07-2006, 04:30 PM
the 6th hole, 'the hour glass', is a really tough hole. a short par 4 [302 yds]. best & safest option is to lay up with a 6/7 iron. I went for it with a 5 wood, & finished bang in the middle, just feet from the fringe ! :afro:
duffed an 8 iron on, & then 3 putted !! :speechles /Grrr /Grrr stupid game ! :baby:

Nick VR4
16-07-2006, 04:40 PM
3 pars... two bogeys.. a double bogey... & lets not talk about the others !! /Grrr /help
When I hit it clean, I was driving over 300 yds [ with run ] my playing partner.. Gary.. put his drive on the 8th, on the green !! 353 yds par 4 !!

Opps.... I havent played golf for years I play cak handed left handed but with right handed clubs but use to drive well over 300 yds use to aim about 10 oclock and swing it in, use to get some nobs sniggering while I was teeing up until they watched it go a distance and be on the fairway and sometimes even on the green on a par 4 :2thumbsup

SGHOM
16-07-2006, 04:46 PM
same here !! :thinking: I'm left handed, but play right handed ??
I've altered my swing to avoid the dreaded 'out to in' :2thumbsup on a good day, I can 'draw' the ball at will, but today was not one of those days. /Grrr

Me finks we ought to organise a CLUB VR4 golf day ?? :thinking: :2thumbsup :2thumbsup

richy rich
16-07-2006, 04:50 PM
Me finks we ought to organise a CLUB VR4 golf day ?? :thinking: :2thumbsup :2thumbsup

Richard and I have been riding again today, (whispers) rich came off twice:oops: jumping, but we were thinking a club vr4 horse riding day would be good fun. You men will have to make do with only 1hp for the day though.

Cant get my head around golf i am afraid, but fair play to those of you that like the sport.

Nick VR4
16-07-2006, 04:54 PM
same here !! :thinking: I'm left handed, but play right handed ??
I've altered my swing to avoid the dreaded 'out to in' :2thumbsup on a good day, I can 'draw' the ball at will, but today was not one of those days. /Grrr

LOL how freaky is that I use to now and again hit the ball dead straight no good when you aiming at 10 oclock off the fairway no idea why :speechles

SGHOM
16-07-2006, 04:54 PM
I'm up for a bit of horsing around !! :2thumbsup :2thumbsup

richy rich
16-07-2006, 04:56 PM
I'm up for a bit of horsing around !! :2thumbsup :2thumbsup
excellant.... will need to get a few others interested and maybe go for a good hack somewhere.

Lillywotsername
16-07-2006, 04:59 PM
oops just realised I was on Richards screen name:dizzy2: /wall :runkest:

SGHOM
16-07-2006, 05:04 PM
LOL how freaky is that I use to now and again hit the ball dead straight no good when you aiming at 10 oclock off the fairway no idea why :speechles

you need to aim at 2 oclock & 'drop' your hands at the top of the backswing ..... easier said than done !! /help /help
on a bad day, I can slice for england !! /Grrr

Nick VR4
16-07-2006, 05:13 PM
you need to aim at 2 oclock & 'drop' your hands at the top of the backswing ..... easier said than done !! /help /help
on a bad day, I can slice for england !! /Grrr

Mmmm think I'll give that a miss LOL

Had a full set of Clubs .. Clubs used 1 wood, 6 iron and putter all the time...sold them in the end

Kieran
16-07-2006, 09:09 PM
Alex used go Horse Riding some years ago, so I imagine she'd be interested. I've fed polo mints to one before - does that count?! :embarasse

Lillywotsername
17-07-2006, 11:23 AM
I've fed polo mints to one before - does that count?! :embarasse

No kieren... But having said that that is no excuse for not having a go. I am sure there will be a horse out there that you could ride.

Sorry Dereck for hijacking your thread. If anyone else is interested may be a good idea for me to start a new thread.

Nutter_John
17-07-2006, 11:46 AM
I've tried horse riding a few times but after the last time I went I decided to give it up . We were just walking along the banks of the river mersey nr sale and the horse decided to go for a gallop , not being used to riding I found the whole lack of control very scary .