PDA

View Full Version : Tv/navi Not Working Properly

kabaeza
27-10-2003, 04:34 PM
I purchased my galant directly from Japan. My TV/NAVI does not seem to catch the tv. Is it faulty or is there some other gadget i need to buy. Also if i want to add a seperate dvd player to the unit, how would i do that?

Nick VR4
27-10-2003, 05:15 PM
Japanese Sat nav etc use a different version PAL and you need the CD's most of there are in Japanese as well
The Radio is different as well has a different Frequency
Most VR4's imported to UK etc have the Satnav taken out
And the Radio replaced with a UK one

You could try your local Mits garage if that can help you
But it could be expensive :eek:

zedy1
27-10-2003, 09:05 PM
nicks right think is your heating system and everthing wors of 1 screen

kabaeza
31-10-2003, 06:49 AM
Thanks NICKVR4 for the hint about imported galants from Japan with NAVI/TV's working on a different broadcast system. For anyone with this problem a digital converter is available that converts PAL SECAM nd NTSC signals. So far i have found two sites www.threedoubleyou.com or www.converters.tv. These units are available for about $200. Thanks Kabaeza

Kieran
31-10-2003, 08:40 AM
Excellent. :D
What we need to get now is some information on the MMCS INSERT INTO post VALUES (the touchscreen TV thing); so we can try and re-program it! I'm sure it must be a simple firmware re-flash... Anybody got a donor that I could test-bench setup for meddling withINSERT INTO post VALUES (not that I've got a clue, mind)?:D

peterernest
31-10-2003, 01:28 PM
My galant was supplied with the original Pioneer double-din TV/CD/Radio unit in the dashboard.

I've spent may hours on the phone and surfing the net trying to get all the components to work.

My advise is - don't bother. The CD unit is the only part that works properly and is great fun to watch with it's touch screen control and 'Enterprise-like' light show however even with the frequency shifted the radio is poor and doesn't have UK RDS.

I've binned mine INSERT INTO post VALUES (it's in the outhouse if anyone raelly wants it to play with) and replaced with a normal single din unit and put a CD holder in the lower din area on the dash INSERT INTO post VALUES (£16).

My Mitsubishi dealer INSERT INTO post VALUES (Bells in Earls Barton) are crap! Not only will I not send my car there for servicing due to the p**s poor job they did last time, but I have been asking them for the coin rack/CD holder piece for my dash since I bought the car. My local ICE shop have them on the shelf.

peterernest
31-10-2003, 01:30 PM
I did find a company who could reprogram my unit to work in this country but it is about the same price as replacing the unit with a brand new UK unit.

Kieran
31-10-2003, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by peterernest

I've binned mine INSERT INTO post VALUES (it's in the outhouse if anyone raelly wants it to play with) and replaced with a normal single din unit and put a CD holder in the lower din area on the dash INSERT INTO post VALUES (£16).

Pete

I would genuinely like to get my mits on one. I've sent U a PM.