PDA

View Full Version : 5 Second Posting

BraindG
16-07-2006, 10:40 PM
Does anyone suffer from a problem where they cannot post unless they hit submit within 5 seconds?

If you do, can you test it now, replyingto this thread, on this White Skin (if its blue, ignore)

glover
16-07-2006, 11:03 PM
Same thing im afraid, I am typing this in word again and im going to use the copy and paste trick.

The whole site, and by this I mean every page on the forum whether a thread, private message screen.edit screen etc etc. seems to freeze after about 5 seconds. Its as if the page loads and the something else tries to load and freezes the page (cant go forward back etc etc. and this also screws up any other sites I have open in my browser.)

If I click around the forums eg: don’t spend more than around 5 secs on one page I can click around quite happily.

As I stated before There are no issues with any other forums I use and I use 10 regularly.

It’s a weird one!.

Cheers steve

BraindG
16-07-2006, 11:05 PM
ok, thank you for your time.

Im currently uploading the forum software to a temp folder, so ill run some tests on a basic version, i may ask you to try it out if thats ok?

it will be at www.clubvr4.com/temp1 (be another hour though)

BraindG
16-07-2006, 11:07 PM
do you have Norton security?

If so disable to firewall for a sec and try again.

glover
16-07-2006, 11:15 PM
running zone alarm pro.

BraindG
16-07-2006, 11:16 PM
running zone alarm pro.
doh, erm, could you disable it for a sec and try again?

glover
16-07-2006, 11:20 PM
Turning it off does nothing either. Its probably best if you e mail me from now on as I have to keep logging in and out constantly to check replies.

please delete the address from this post when you have made a note of it.

Cheers.

glover
16-07-2006, 11:21 PM
hold on its working..............

give me a minute to test

BraindG
16-07-2006, 11:26 PM
hold on its working..............

give me a minute to test
:inquisiti /Hyper

glover
16-07-2006, 11:28 PM
No its as worse as ever.

Interestingly I was watching the cpu usage as the page loaded. As I clicked around everything was fine and then………….

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b213/yeovilsteve/cpu.jpg

That’s when it hung. Cpu usage at 100%. ?????????

Something big is taking a lot of processing. Im running a 3200 atlon 64 system as well.

BraindG
16-07-2006, 11:31 PM
Nick mentioned this aswell, its a pain in the neck, as I cannot replicate the problem. so, you have problems with your PM's (displaying full list, quoting), the drop down menus on User Names?

glover
16-07-2006, 11:42 PM
Done exactly the same again.

1. this thread page loads.

2. everything is fine.

3. your avatar starts to spin, again everything fine.

4. bang! Cpu usage up to 100%

5. drop down menus on user names continue to display.

6. back button wont work, pm button wont work, anything I then click on the page to go elsewhere doesn’t work.

7. If I hit the button to go to my ie mailbox even this wont display, also any other tabs I have open in my browser fail to work, I cant switch between tabs as the whole pc seems to hang.

8. If I then hit the red x and close the site, I can go back in and post but only If I do everything I need to do quickly before the cpu usage hits 100% again.