PDA

View Full Version : An introduction (could be a long one!)

Mart
17-07-2006, 09:43 AM
Eh up,

Thought i'd introduce myself as i've just joined the site. I must warn you, i do tend to waffle, so make yourself a cup of tea before starting to read on as it could end up being a bit of an essay.

I'm 24, live with my fiancee (getting married in 2 weeks :oops: ) in the middle of Cheshire. My car history isn't that long (i'm only 24!) but in the last 2 years i had a mitsi FTO gpx MIVEC which was amazing. Absolutely loved that car, especially the autobox! what a genius bit of technology that learns when you're tryin to give it beans, so drops it down a cog when you enter a corner! The FTO was by far the best handling front wheel drive car i've been in. That was until some doddery old boot decided she didn't want to stop at the back of a queue of traffic when i did. she left 50 foot skid marks (didn't know nissam micra's could go that fast) and made the car a good foot or so shorter.

The upshot of that was that i needed a new car, so ended up getting a Nissan Skyline. Sadly not a GTR, but still an R33 GTS-T with about 270BHP and rear wheel drive. Thouroughly enjoyed driving that little beauty for the last year, but it started driving me mad due to the fact that if i want to take more than 2 people anywhere with me, or to get anything big anywhere, i had to hop in the missus' peugeot 205! That hurt!

So over new year in went to the other extreme and got something on the other end of the practicality scale and bought a Toyota Hilux Surf 3.0 TD. Great truck, jacked up suspension on massive tires, but not exactly quick, and a tad on the thirsty side (i celebrate if i get 18 mpg). One of the main reasons of me getting something so overly practical is because when we return from honeymoon we're picking up our Great Dane puppy. Needless to say, he will not fit in the back of the peugeot when he grows up!

Then this weekend i stumbled across the Beautiful Legnum!! I wil never ever stray from japanese cars, i love the way that you only need 4 spanners to do anything on the car, and they're really reliable (unlike the wifeys new 206 which is doing crazy things already!). With the Great Dane I either need a 4x4 or an estate really, so in my eye's its either the car i've got, a Subaru imprezza wrx estate, or a Legnum. Knowing how much i loved the FTO (more than the Skyline i would say), i think the Legnum is gonna win it!!

So that's me, i'm not in the market to buy yet, probably gonna be new year before i am, i like to do my research first, and want to wait for wedding stuff to settle down etc. You'll probably see me sneaking round the sight for the next few months, asking the odd stupid question here and there, but i'll try my best to use the search function rather than ask the same things as everyone else.

Please throw any useful links at me that will help me gather more info/specs on the legnum.

cheers and thanks for listening,

Mart

bradc
17-07-2006, 09:50 AM
Welcome! I assure you the Legnum is a good choice for carrying the family or large dogs around in :)

There are various links from the front page of this site that will tell you more about the cars and this club.

ritch_w
17-07-2006, 09:52 AM
Hi Mart and WTTC!!!!

the legnum is very quick and very practical and can sometimes get more than 20mpg!!! so should be right up your street!

:2thumbsup

Nick Mann
17-07-2006, 10:39 AM
If you haven't already found it, look at the buyers guide.

If it is that long before you look for one, come along to a meet somewhere. It is the best way to find out about the car and we never seem to tire of talking about them!

richy rich
17-07-2006, 06:21 PM
/Welcome /Welcome2

as said above come and say hello at a meet

BraindG
17-07-2006, 06:50 PM
/Wyhy

Nice intro! :D

/Welcome

Youll love the car, where in cheshire are oyui?

Mart
17-07-2006, 08:58 PM
Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

Mart
17-07-2006, 09:01 PM
i'm in winsford, right in the centre of Cheshire. I forgot to add that i'm also building a Tiger supercat kit-car, I use the term "building" loosely as i've had it 4 years and the engine isn't quite in yet!

anywho, i'm definatley interested in some local meets as i've never seen a legnum or galant up close.

thanks for the welcome.

Mart

Brunty
17-07-2006, 09:18 PM
hello

Alex
17-07-2006, 09:29 PM
/Welcome2 Mart.

Congratulations on your up coming wedding! I'm sure you'll be able to find all the information you need on here if you do decided to go for the Legnum.

Would be good to see you and your partner at one of the meets. Generally speaking the boys go and play with the cars, while we girls sit and gossip and drink wine (although some of us are into the cars as well). So both of you would be more than welcome.

Good luck for two weeks time, and hope you have a wonderful honeymoon. /Poms

Kenneth
17-07-2006, 10:41 PM
I must warn you, i do tend to waffle

Sounds like you found the club for you! :D

Welcome.

Legnums are great. Turbos are great. Legnums with 2 turbos are just the dogs danglies!

Mart
10-09-2006, 08:56 AM
Eh up,

Now i'm married and i have my 9 week old great dane puppy, its starting to look more likely that i may be swapping my toyota truck for a legnum in the next few months.

The only problem is I've never seen a Legnum or galant up close.

So i ask,

IS ANYONE LOCAL??

I live in Winsford in Cheshire, and am currently free all day all week, so would love to have a nosey round someone cars, just to see how big they are really. To see if a great dane would indeed fit in the boot. I don't want a go in it, cos i can quite beleive that they go like sh!t off a shovel, just wanna see what one looks like in the flesh, and how big they actually are!

If anyone could help, that'd be great, you could be on the way to gaining a new member!

Mart

Lillywotsername
10-09-2006, 09:43 AM
Hi Mart...

We live just outside of Stoke on Trent and would be more than happy to let you have a look round our Leggie. I know it isn't really local but not that far.

Don't know about the great dane, but we can comfortably get our 2 dogs in the back of ours.... We have a collie and a collie cross so not small dogs.

Anyway offers there if you want to take us up on it.

Lorraine and Richard (Richy rich)

richy rich
10-09-2006, 01:57 PM
yep as lorr said you are very welcome to come and have a look.

Nick VR4
10-09-2006, 08:17 PM
Hi Mart /Welcome

Axeboy
10-09-2006, 08:19 PM
Ahhh Winsford

I bought my 106 Rallye from a Ford garage in Winsford, ahh the memories...

:)

And welcome. :p

Kieran
10-09-2006, 08:22 PM
The other option is to visit Japshow at Donnington at the end of this month, and you'll see a veritable myriad of Legnums of all vintages and specifications. Might be worth a trip so you can see all the different variants!

Mart
11-09-2006, 08:05 AM
The other option is to visit Japshow at Donnington at the end of this month, and you'll see a veritable myriad of Legnums of all vintages and specifications. Might be worth a trip so you can see all the different variants!

The only problem with doing that, is the wife doesn't know i'm thinking of getting one, and i don't think it'd go down too well, so i prefer to have a quiet life for as long as i can, before i decide if i'm definately getting one or not. There no point 'er having a thrombo about it if i decide not to get one is there!!

cheers for the ide though,

Mart

bradc
11-09-2006, 08:17 AM
Just go along anyway and say you're going along with a friend or something :) Once you see one (especially a facelift in good condition - I hope ritch_w or Nick Mann are going) you'll fall in love I promise you.

KiwiTT
11-09-2006, 10:37 PM
Just say there is a Car Show on and you want to go and look at them. She knows men love cars and they take opportunities to see them.