PDA

View Full Version : Forum Issues: 17-07-006

BraindG
17-07-2006, 12:44 PM
I feel I have to keep opening new threads for this, as some people cannot get past post 5.

Anyways, i have had word back from the hosting company, can we test the issues again please?

Thanks
Barry

Qwertyco
17-07-2006, 01:34 PM
Same, no change, still wonky.

I'ts only a computer, it will not win !

BraindG
17-07-2006, 01:45 PM
Same, no change, still wonky.

I'ts only a computer, it will not win !
Do you have the same issues on the test forum?

Qwertyco
17-07-2006, 01:48 PM
Test forum worked perfectly this morning, I'll have another go now . . . . .

Qwertyco
17-07-2006, 02:05 PM
Test forum is fine, great, lovely, smashing, super, etc.

You can have £20 off me for full membership if you fix the site.

If you don't, I'm gonna buy a Gitroen Poxo GTVTXLR 0.9Litre on 19" rims with 195/10-19 Nangkangs.

Nick Mann
17-07-2006, 05:01 PM
I'll give you £20 if you buy a french POS with 195/10 19's!!

No issues for me on the test forum, but I ain't got enough PM's there to check yet!
My PM issue still exists here.

BraindG
17-07-2006, 10:59 PM
Ok, im having to upgrade the test forum under orders of the vbulletin crew. Once completed Ill give you a shout, and testing can begin again.

Thanks
Barry

VR4 MAD
19-07-2006, 04:53 AM
Barry, desperate times call for desperate measures.

Further to the on going issues I have just installed Firefox onto my work PC and interestingly enough all my problems with viewing/using the CVR4 forums ARE GONE.........that's ALL problems, menus now work, no 5 post limit issues, images load etc etc.................Great.:2thumbsup

When installing I chose to import all my IE6 settings, cookies, certificates etc when it asked if I wanted that, so I half expected to import the CVR4 problems as well......but no........ everything is working fine ........at the moment......for how long ......who knows/pan

Any help?

BraindG
19-07-2006, 08:48 AM
Barry, desperate times call for desperate measures.

Further to the on going issues I have just installed Firefox onto my work PC and interestingly enough all my problems with viewing/using the CVR4 forums ARE GONE.........that's ALL problems, menus now work, no 5 post limit issues, images load etc etc.................Great.:2thumbsup

When installing I chose to import all my IE6 settings, cookies, certificates etc when it asked if I wanted that, so I half expected to import the CVR4 problems as well......but no........ everything is working fine ........at the moment......for how long ......who knows/pan

Any help?

Thats interesting, from that I would say coding, but.. others are still having problems with FF, why are you so special? :D

Ill review the large thread this evening, see if i can see a connection.

Thanks for the update!

glover
19-07-2006, 06:31 PM
Brian, When I got home this afternoon I installed firefox. I now have no Issues with the site whatsoever. :happy:

Jimbo
19-07-2006, 06:57 PM
I still can't get on without disabling my firewall, but I've got something of interest here....Norton Internet Security has a browser privacy control toggle that defaults to ON - fairly certain it always has, but in the past week or two it has been blocking a lot of things on CVR4 (nowhere else) like the banners and images from being sent across.

The jist of it is that it stops CVR4.co.uk from working out what browser I'm using and thus causing javascripting errors (?). With this disabled I can see the images ok, but I still can't get access to the forums without disabling the firewall.....I'm going to work on this a little bit more now, catch up soon.

Jeeves
20-07-2006, 12:11 PM
Buttons at the top work, downloading images work, but I still get cut off after 5 posts.

Jimbo
20-07-2006, 12:24 PM
Right, well I'm stumped. /help I faffed around with firewall settings for ages last night, but no changes seem to make a difference, only disabling it completely lets me onto CVR4. There's definitely been no recent updates to the software other than virus definitions and my problems started at the same time as other people noticed problems.....it's doing my head in now.

Unless anyone has any insights as to what might have changed on the site, I'm going to have to rebuild my PC to see if that makes any difference :(

Are you still getting the same problems Wayne?

BraindG
20-07-2006, 01:29 PM
Have you tried firefox, as a short term fix? seems to resolve issues for a few,

Jimbo
20-07-2006, 02:12 PM
Have you tried firefox, as a short term fix? seems to resolve issues for a few,

Yep, same problems - see above post with screenshots from both IE & FF. :bigcry:

BraindG
20-07-2006, 02:28 PM
Yep, same problems - see above post with screenshots from both IE & FF. :bigcry:
Oh, aye.. sorry.. to many things being reported, forgetting whos got what.

think rebuilt is a bit extreme though. wish i could pin point it.

calum
20-07-2006, 10:43 PM
I've got something going on too.

Forum works perfectly on my works laptop with XP SP2 and IE6.

Home PC with XP SP2 and IE7 works OK on first opening but then when I try to go to open a new window or new tab it says it's loading but doesn't ever get there and CPU usage by iexplore.exe goes to 95 or 100% of CPU which is itself is runnung at 100%.

Close iexplore.exe in task manager and all back to normal. Open up again and works fine on first page.

Quick links script (or some other scripts) seems to take a while to load and seem to cause me the most problems.

All pictures and full posts appear no probs.

Cheers,

Calum

Springie
21-07-2006, 11:58 PM
Still the same for me but I did manage to scroll to the bottom of the forum index today!
but not it the threads

Springie
24-07-2006, 11:48 PM
Just an update, i disabled Zonealarm and it appears everything work on firefox.
In opera 9, icons didn't load, then i refresh then got bandwidth theif again.

So i am wondering how many people recently updated ZoneAlarm pro recently to version 6.5.722.000? It maybe a tsb in the dark but it looks like ZA maybe causing at least some of the problems.

So if you run ZA shut it down, reload the page and post up if it works or works better.

BraindG
25-07-2006, 04:49 PM
So i am wondering how many people recently updated ZoneAlarm pro recently to version 6.5.722.000? It maybe a tsb in the dark but it looks like ZA maybe causing at least some of the problems.

exactly why i havnt updated, perhaps i should, just to see!.. sod it.. i will

WildCards
25-07-2006, 04:55 PM
errr, just found I can down read more than 5 posts per thread at work. I've not changed a thing.

BraindG
25-07-2006, 05:00 PM
errr, just found I can down read more than 5 posts per thread at work. I've not changed a thing.
can you ask it if they have made changes to anything internet side? if you can?

Qwertyco
25-07-2006, 05:06 PM
I changed my underwear at the weekend, and that didn't make any difference either.
I'm gonna change the cat's flea collar tomorrow, see if that helps.

Seems like its all fairly random errors at the moment.
Changing the maximum message display to 5 in the user CP has at least allowed me to read
all the messages again, but random text still appears.

WildCards
25-07-2006, 05:13 PM
can you ask it if they have made changes to anything internet side? if you can?

Nothing changed here at work. Can't really ask the ISP i'm afraid.

strapping young lad
25-07-2006, 10:49 PM
hello

ive been sent a pm but cannot read it

ive tried both firefox and ie and when i click on the link, the page goes white and says done in the status bar (the url is right though)

poo :(

maybe a suggestion to have the content of the pm sent in the same email i get notified that one awaits me?

BraindG
25-07-2006, 10:52 PM
maybe a suggestion to have the content of the pm sent in the same email i get notified that one awaits me?

This isn't possible on the basic structure of the forum im afraid.

Can you take a quick look at your pms again, i have limited the amount of default pms to show per page.

strapping young lad
25-07-2006, 10:57 PM
i cant even see my pm's!

i get a blank white page saying done, and thats all i get, other than that the site works fine

d i c k i e s
26-07-2006, 05:03 AM
i think people need to update there ****. i can now see all the posts, even past the 6th post, no errors or pics not loading properly. its all good now.

i suggest u use windows update and update ur machine.

strapping young lad
26-07-2006, 06:22 AM
dunno what happened but i can access the pm page now. :)

BraindG
26-07-2006, 08:37 AM
i think people need to update there ****. i can now see all the posts, even past the 6th post, no errors or pics not loading properly. its all good now.

i suggest u use windows update and update ur machine.
what did you update?

i made a few changes lastnight.

1. deactivated the leech application
2. changed default pm list to oly show 5 per page.