PDA

View Full Version : Amsoil

Kenneth
17-07-2006, 11:31 PM
Have orderd a full set of oils for my VR-4

Will hopefully get them all in this weekend. August 6 will test them, and then I shall report back.

If I approve (and no reason why not with all the reviews it gets from the UK) then I shall set up a list of all the bits and bobs you need from the NZ distributor website.

My thanks to Don (amsoil) who was very helpful in sorting out exactly what I needed. Also to Kierans guide in the amsoil discount thread (members only)

Kenneth
19-07-2006, 11:02 PM
excuse the poor quality, but this is what was at home yesterday when I got back from work (admittedly it was 8pm by the time I got home :( )

Saw the carton and was very dubious as to the ability of everything to fit... but then I opened the box and was well pleased :D

One thing that supprised me greatly, was just how runny the TSO is... Its almost like water!

Kenneth
19-07-2006, 11:46 PM
Got the AMSOIL from JDM Lubricants Ltd (http://www.jdmlubricants.co.nz/)

Total cost (including delivery) NZ$334.05

Once I have done my oil and had a chance to see if its any good (this is aimed more at the gear oil rather than engine oil) I will post up what I got and how much.

For an auto and doing a transmission flush, you would probably be paying nearly $200 more... this is because of the cost of the ATF.

I was not able to get MTF for the gearbox, so have got something else. It will be interesting to see how good it is.

VR4 MAD
20-07-2006, 12:14 AM
Cheers for that Kenneth.

Missed this thread (and many others too) because I'm one of those afflicted with the current problems viewing, posting and generally using the forum at the moment.

Sorry would have asked if I'd seen this.

BTW is this the only place in NZ to get AMSOIL or just the best priced or best placed to supply you?

Cheers

Kenneth
20-07-2006, 12:18 AM
Cheers for that Kenneth.

Missed this thread (and many others too) because I'm one of those afflicted with the current problems viewing, posting and generally using the forum at the moment.

Sorry would have asked if I'd seen this.

Cheers

Not a problem :) Its no big deal, I just wanted to keep all the info in this thread so I could find it later on.

VR4 MAD
20-07-2006, 12:31 AM
Kenneth, BTW is this the only place in NZ to get AMSOIL or just the best priced or best placed to supply you?

/help

Kenneth
20-07-2006, 12:39 AM
Kenneth, BTW is this the only place in NZ to get AMSOIL or just the best priced or best placed to supply you?

/help

I dont know how many retailers there are in NZ, this was the first one I found and there were in Auckland...

You may want to look around, use google, whitepages, yellowpages etc to find any others.