PDA

View Full Version : Squeeky pads ?

Darren
18-07-2006, 01:53 PM
I recently went from Ferodo DS2500's on the front to the Pagid Fast road pads. Within about a month they have started to squeak at low speeds, not so much when under braking, as to when i'm just toddling along in traffic for instance.

Any idea what this could be? at first i thought shims but under braking, it stops. Maybe the pads aren't releasing from the disk nicely.

Any ideas ?

WildCards
18-07-2006, 03:23 PM
Did you put plenty of copper grease on the back? Are they seated properly in the caliper?

Darren
19-07-2006, 07:22 AM
I'll certainly check that mate.

Louis
30-09-2006, 08:29 PM
HI Welcome to the world of squeaky Pagids!!.
I have got brembo calipers and drilled discs from an EVO VII on the front, and I have PAGID RS 4-2 Pads, these are track day pads. Under normal driving they are a feckin nightmare to start with they squeal like made under normal braking, you'll find if you brake a bit later and heavier, they don't squeal until the last minute as you ease off!. You are probably thinking, (as I was), I don't want to scare people in front by braking late and hard, there is a solution.
Like I mentioned the PAGID RS4-2, is a track day pad, they have a high metalic content, and need to be driven hard to get them up to operating temperature.
I checked the bedding in proceedure, as I thought "they are glazed and need bedded in again, and that's what is causing the squeal"?.
WRONG!... The bedding in proceedure says, heat up by normal driving, then do 10 high speed brake applications, (get this) from 140mph to 20 mph.....?
Well.... I thought, so out I went and followed the instruction, then I drove home on a country road I know, really throwing the car around, by the time I got home, total succes, absolutely no squeal, or squeak. So I was well happy, until the next morning when as I drove to work, my low speed squeal came back, not as bad as it was but it is still there.
They are a track day pad, and need the high temp repeated applications to get them up to operating temp etc, they are a F'king excellent pads once warmed up, but I am going to get some more everyday driving pads as the squeal is a bit much.
Check the back of the pad as yours may not be RS4-2 pads, but that is the main reason for squeals, compound material, or not bedded in correctly (glazed), hope this info helps. (lots of copper grease on the back of the pads and the sliders pins helps)