PDA

View Full Version : Petrol price difference.

Nick Mann
27-10-2003, 11:55 PM
What is the usual difference between the price of normal unleaded and super? There is a BP near me that is selling unleaded at 78p and ultimate at 83p per litre, i.e. 5p difference. A few miles up the road is a Shell selling unleaded at 74p and optimax at 85p, i.e. 11p difference. From the road, the Shell garage seems better, but in reality it's the BP. What's all your experience?

zedy1
28-10-2003, 12:35 AM
shell optimax is 99 ron and bp sul is 98 ron

Spirit
28-10-2003, 01:13 AM
If my Shell was a little closer I would get Optimax every time :D

Darren
28-10-2003, 08:46 AM
You should see the Highlands, last time I was up there 95 for normal unleaded was not uncommon.

BraindG
28-10-2003, 09:17 AM
You should see the Highlands, last time I was up there 95 for normal unleaded was not uncommon.

Boy, tell me about it!.. thats where im from originally INSERT INTO post VALUES (Place called Gairloch)
when i left inverness i filled up with Super, got the Gairloch, did loads of racing about - as i know the roads like the back of my hand... and after a days worth of racing.. all gone.. have to live off normal unleaded for the next 4 days... ppoooorrrr baby!....

Darren
28-10-2003, 11:54 AM
How weird, I used to live in Applecross. Bet the pass is mental in a VR-4 :D I was last in the highlands in April for my wedding. Skye is quite good fun, since there don't seem to be any speed restrictions, I mean police :P

BraindG
28-10-2003, 12:10 PM
I was in applecross a fair few times - mainly for my uncles fish company..
you know many people from shieldaig?

BraindG
28-10-2003, 12:15 PM
oh, and yes - the drive is just tremendous, coming down in to kinlochewe was just mind blowing.. i used to do that fast anyways, but in the VR4 boy, just about crapped myself.. if id had my recaros then, im sure it would have been even faster

I used to do gairloch to inverness in about 65 minutes..INSERT INTO post VALUES (toyota carina II) but in the VR4 i knocked over 15 minutes off... INSERT INTO post VALUES (and thats me not been on that road for about a year)

did my top speed along the road up to achnasheen :cool:

for people who dont know
Gairloch -> Inverness = Total Distance: 70.9 miles
and a good 30 miles of that is single track road..

:eek:

Darren
28-10-2003, 01:45 PM
Don't really know many people who are still up there, I was part of the crew that were getting the Fairbridge centre sorted.
INSERT INTO post VALUES (The one up the private road from the beach.) And spent most of my time in the pub. I know one of the guys I knew is doing a mangement outward bounds thing up there. But it was quite a while back in the early 90's so I've lost touch with them.
I recon the best car for fun around there would be a Caterham Superlight though. You'd just have a permanent grin.

I didn't have a car up there so relied on my brother for our fortnightly trip to Inverness. I took him and hour and a half in his ****e brown Vulva 240s. He isn't a very fast driver though. So it gives an idea how fast the average driver would do the same distance.

venomboy
29-10-2003, 01:19 PM
Texaco super unleaded 83.9 in leeds, sorry don't know what the ron is.

Nik77
30-10-2003, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by BraindG

Gairloch -> Inverness = Total Distance: 70.9 miles
and a good 30 miles of that is single track road..

:eek:

Good Work!

My claim is a little bit shorter but.....

House to train station car park - 8 miles.
in TVR Cerbera - 7mins and thats parking the car.
VR4 - 6m 35seconds the AYC was a tad busy! and thats also getting through the barrier and parking the car.

Oh when your bored!