PDA

View Full Version : Front Spoiler Lip drooping

KiwiTT
28-10-2003, 04:24 AM
My front spoiler mid section lip has broken loose. The connection lugs are broken and it looks as if the dealer used a sticky pad to hold it in place. The sticky pad has worn out and the lip was drooping on one side. I used some 100mph tape underneath to spoiler to hold it in place. This should hold it until I determine a solution.

Is this a common occurence ? Can Mitsubishi source a spare and replace the lip ?

Pescha
28-10-2003, 06:27 AM
You would have to ring Mitsubishi to find out, or ring some wreakers!

I have problems with getting out my my drive way frontwards, so therefore I go backwards, still having probs INSERT INTO post VALUES (but not as bad) with my front spoiler grunching!

Do you have problems with this?

Pescha!

BraindG
28-10-2003, 07:46 AM
to remove the tow bar cover can be pretty frustrating - and if you dont know how to et the screws out, you can infact break them, or worse still snap the cover itself.. someone on here looked into getting them, and im pretty sure that you can get them through mitsubihi but they would cost an arm and a leg.

enigma
28-10-2003, 08:06 AM
Mine came off at 130mph a few weeks back........like yours it was held on with sticky tape and sealer. A trip to the dealers and £30 later a new one was in my possesion. The beauty was that it came already painted so took about 30 seconds to fit.

KiwiTT
28-10-2003, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Pescha
You would have to ring Mitsubishi to find out, or ring some wreakers!

I have problems with getting out my my drive way frontwards, so therefore I go backwards, still having probs INSERT INTO post VALUES (but not as bad) with my front spoiler grunching!

Do you have problems with this?

Pescha!

Thanks Pescha

It may hold until the next service in February. I ask them to replace the one in front then. Where I park for work, it scrapes everytime can only come out frontwards. This may put pressure on a new front lip.

BrainG

Why do they put a towbar cover on the front of a car :confused:

Nick VR4
28-10-2003, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by KiwiTT
BrainG

Why do they put a towbar cover on the front of a car :confused:

I think what Barry means is the tow attachment hook for the front of the car
:D

KiwiTT
28-10-2003, 09:21 PM
I thought you can't tow a VR-4, it needs to be transported. Does this mean, I can get a tow, with all 4 wheels on the road; but not on 2 wheels.

BraindG
28-10-2003, 10:46 PM
yes thats what i meant...

and yes aslong as all 4 wheels are on the road you can tow it...
never with two off the road tho!