PDA

View Full Version : Youre a bloody bandwith thief

Ollpen
23-07-2006, 04:26 PM
50% of all the pictures (smilies, avatars, attachments etc) are giving me a cute boy pointing finger telling me that im a bloody bandwith thief when i surf the site.

Anything I/YOU could do to get rid of this problem? Im a paying member and im pretty sure that i receive this in error. Any hints to solve the problem are welcome.

BraindG
23-07-2006, 05:41 PM
Thats odd, you should not be getting that.

Does this happen from different computers, i.e. home and work? what browser are you using?

Ollpen
24-07-2006, 03:00 AM
Happening from home, not at work where im now.

Im using both Opera and IE and same thing happens.

I know my internet is kinda bugged as i share connection with the whole neighbourhood and there is a firewall at the server, but there must be some way of avoiding this, cause its impossible to browse or read any guides etc.

Thanks for looking into it!

Gly
24-07-2006, 07:04 AM
im having the same probs,

pictures are only half loading on both IE and Opera.

BraindG
24-07-2006, 09:16 AM
im having the same probs,

pictures are only half loading on both IE and Opera.
This is something else. I set up an application to stop people leaching our bandwiddth.. i.e. putting our images in [img ] tags on other websites.

Ollpen, ill take a looky tonight, as I am back in the land of living after the wekends activities.

Ollpen
24-07-2006, 01:40 PM
Thanks! :thumbsup:

Springie
24-07-2006, 11:40 PM
I also got the bandwidth theif image, but only after i disabled zonealarm...
wierd, thought it might help if i mentioned it though

BraindG
25-07-2006, 04:50 PM
im going to disable the function that controls this this evening,

BraindG
25-07-2006, 08:04 PM
its been disabled.. how is it for you now?

Springie
26-07-2006, 12:59 AM
I just checked and it still had the bandwith thief image. I Tried forcing a refresh and it still appeared. I then erased the history in Opera (with ZoneAlarm closed) and reloaded the forums and image and forums work 100%.

BraindG
26-07-2006, 08:38 AM
I just checked and it still had the bandwith thief image. I Tried forcing a refresh and it still appeared. I then erased the history in Opera (with ZoneAlarm closed) and reloaded the forums and image and forums work 100%.
are you experiencing any other issues?

Springie
26-07-2006, 11:08 AM
Only problem left is scrolling / 5 post issue with Zonealarm active, when its not active it seems ok but loads the first 5 post then take ages to load the rest.

BraindG
26-07-2006, 11:09 AM
Only problem left is scrolling / 5 post issue with Zonealarm active, when its not active it seems ok but loads the first 5 post then take ages to load the rest.
take off ad blocking, this resolves that issue..

BraindG
26-07-2006, 11:10 AM
take off ad blocking, this resolves that issue..
i still need to figure out, what zonealarm is clasifying as an ad.... but from what i read on the net, the ad blocking isnt veryu good, and alot of people have problems with it.