PDA

View Full Version : What is the Difference Between The Saloon & Estate VR4

kush.bex
25-07-2006, 10:05 AM
Hi All,
I run a Legnum VR4 (97) and I am just wondering if it is easy to increase the limited 260hp by swapping a part from a saloon VR4 which has 280hp.

Hoping that its just a case of swapping an ECU or simple other part.

Also my T/C light and engine check light sometimes comes on and stays on, is this a problem or can I swap a simple part?

Are there any VR4 owners around the North East. I just bought mine in June and have not seen another since. Do we have a club meet set up in this area?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Paul C
25-07-2006, 10:14 AM
From what i have read on here it is possible to just swap ecu's, but i am sure some one will confirm this shortly. I would do a search for the tcl problem as it is quite common and usually just a loose pipe under the bonnet

bradc
25-07-2006, 10:20 AM
You've got it slightly mixed up.

All prefacelift auto's have 260hp whether they are wagons or sedans. All manuals and facelift autos have 280hp.

As for the error lights, my suggestion would be to take it to a dealer and get them to look at it.

Axeboy
25-07-2006, 10:21 AM
The power difference is that all pre-facelight autos were 260bhp, both saloon & wagon.

All facelight models are 280bhp, which is a boost difference of 0.55bar and 0.7bar.

It would be easier, cheaper and the better option to add a boost controller to your car and bung it up to 0.7bar, or more.

Kieran
25-07-2006, 01:41 PM
The TCL + Check engine light comes on for many faults, however the most common is the vaccuum pipes leading to the TCL vacuum control system - Do a search for TCL + check engine (or something like that).:2thumbsup