PDA

View Full Version : boy racer crackdown in Chch

Robotnik123
25-07-2006, 10:56 PM
What do you guys think of the new 'get tough' policy by the police in Christchurch against boy racers? Anybody here consider themselves a boy (or girl) racer by the way?

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3743864a10,00.html

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3744512a30,00.html

bradc
26-07-2006, 12:28 AM
I don't really care, I'm not going to do that sort of thing with my car. The only thing that concerns me is that police will look at my car and my age and think they need to crack down on me.

jaimz
26-07-2006, 03:33 AM
I must be an anti-boy racer! I lowered my car for 3 weeks, and hated it... so I put it back to normal :2thumbsup

The definition tends to vary depending on who's using it. Some guys at work call the other VR-4 owner in my firm a boy racer... and he's 65!

d i c k i e s
26-07-2006, 04:56 AM
define boy racer? hmmm

i think if ur car looks the part, your a boy racer. (at least thats how i think the police see it). i see people in the new clubpsports and falcons racing. i dont see the police pulling them up.

marmel31
26-07-2006, 06:20 AM
I think in part you define "what" you are by how you drive, and then of course excessively loud exhausts/BOV's would further cement the boy racer tag.

But I think for the most part you are defined by your attitude and whilst I am a car enthusiast myself the attitude of most "boy racers" that I have encountered is poor to downright crap.

If you don't want to get stopped and tagged as a boy racer how about not driving around the burbs in drag trains waking up other people who have to get up and work at 6am or who have small kids tying to sleep.

I think there is a difference between the enthusiast who may like to cruise around with others to admire cars/grab a drink and bite to eat and those that feel the need to race/put down diesel etc.

jaimz
26-07-2006, 10:40 PM
Damn straight! :iloveyou:

KiwiTT
27-07-2006, 12:50 AM
I heard on the radio that some "Boy-racers" according to the police, buy $500 pieces of crap, and work on them and use them for these types of events. And because they are worth nothing they do not mind them being confiscated

Xeroid
27-07-2006, 08:52 AM
Some guys at work call the other VR-4 owner in my firm a boy racer... and he's 65!

So I AIN'T the only one then, thought I was the oldest hoon on the block but this guys got 8 years on me .... GO Grandad !!! :iloveyou:

< Ooops,.. I'm a grandad ..... bugga !! >:speechles

Obviously it's attititude ,.... can't WAIT to be pulled up by some young cop who stalks up to the window and says " Now look here sonny ..... " and watch his eyes pop out ... heheheheheh

:pimp2:

bradc
27-07-2006, 09:41 AM
From what I hear you've been pulled over by the cops :)

Signvision
29-07-2006, 10:52 PM
Well beeing in the late 30 brigade I find this topic interesting...

as for a Police view.... which I am not one....My business does work on some of the Police cars and I get to drive them a bit... all I will say is I can see why the Police pull some people up when driving around. Some people see a police car and look very GUILTY of something... hence get pulled up.
Every time I drive one I get a good laugh from the faces of other drivers

Moral is to not act guilty

bradc
30-07-2006, 06:44 AM
Thats just because you leave the sirens on :P

I always try to drive normally and sensibly around police cars and not look at them or the cop in particular, and I never seem to have much of a problem.

Signvision
30-07-2006, 09:34 PM
It it proberly a look that just happens to people....
You can see who is not trying to look at you as well...
untill you get to experiance it it is hard to explain but I have a laugh each time it happens...

Xeroid
31-07-2006, 06:17 AM
What me !!

never ...

well only about 3 times

Tyler
10-08-2006, 03:32 AM
Havent Been pulled up yet but my car looks all boy racer im 27 and just want my car to look and sound good

MunkyWrench
28-08-2006, 05:38 AM
I completely don't condone the way christchurch boy racers behave. There is going out in the car your proud of and maybe being noisy, maybe putting your foot down a bit, showing off your ride...

... but here in christchurch theres a real problem.

People are dying. :skull:

15, 16, 19 yr old kids are driving evos at 150+ kph on inner city streets...

if thats you... your an over-confident f*cking idiot.:thumbsdow

thats not to mentioning hoe-tary driver:pimp2: that cant even see over the steering wheel.