PDA

View Full Version : Forum Issues: 25-07-006

BraindG
25-07-2006, 11:14 PM
Right, i have been able to replicate the issues.

I really should have done this much earlier, so apologies /pan

I upgraded ZoneAlarm, including Privacy, then fiddled about with loads of settings, and found the "ad blocking" option the culprit. Once i switched this off, i got past the 5 post issue, and I was able to see all of the thead.

i will now remove this banner from the forums for a couple days, and see the reaction of our "problem people".

BraindG
25-07-2006, 11:27 PM
Actually, removing the top banner, does nothing. If i turn on ad blocking again, it stops at the 5 post limit again.
ok, need to go figure out what that ad blocker actually does.

Physician
25-07-2006, 11:27 PM
Well done Barry :happy:

bernmc
26-07-2006, 06:40 PM
You want to check up on that devious SGHOM chap - I suspect he's harvesting your braincells in the dead of night as part of his evil scheme to develop an elixir of eternal youth. He doesn't pay for beers for nowt you know... :inquisiti

Norton Int Sec is def a problem - have it on my laptop, and cant see CVR4 unless I turn it off. No problems with my desktop which doesn't have NIS. (Iuse firefox with the adblock extension on both)

My work PC's all have IE6, and none of them get past the 5 posts. They don't have any adblocking software, but do have websense monitoring. Never used to be a problem though, and websense tends to block the whole site, rather than only parts of it.

BraindG
27-07-2006, 09:41 AM
Just found this thread over at the hosting companies forum..

http://www.hosting-unlimited.net/forums/showpost.php?p=29409&postcount=4

/Grrr

Jimbo
27-07-2006, 09:52 AM
I upgraded ZoneAlarm, including Privacy, then fiddled about with loads of settings, and found the "ad blocking" option the culprit.

Turning browser privacy off on NIS also allows me to see the images and banners on the main page, but I think the problem extends further than this.

Fingers crossed it leads you to that bigger problem. :)

Norton Int Sec is def a problem - have it on my laptop, and cant see CVR4 unless I turn it off.

Bern...yes, same here, but when did your problems start with NIS? I've had it for 3 years and never had a problem, and still don't get any problems except for loading CVR4 forums over the past 2 weeks.

Jimbo
27-07-2006, 09:52 AM
oops, posted twice....not a forum issue, just stupidity on my part :)

BraindG
27-07-2006, 10:04 AM
oops, posted twice....not a forum issue, just stupidity on my part :)
heh, no worries.

DUNLY
27-07-2006, 08:38 PM
im at my girls house the now and her dads comp is running mozilla firefox, and the site is perfect????? when at home im on IE and cant get past 5th post!!!

BraindG
27-07-2006, 08:42 PM
im at my girls house the now and her dads comp is running mozilla firefox, and the site is perfect????? when at home im on IE and cant get past 5th post!!!
if you use a firewall at home, turn off some of the ad blocking features.

Nick VR4
27-07-2006, 08:54 PM
Hmmm I just clicked on New Posts Icon and got a white page nothing else just hung

Had to click on favs to get back to main site

Maybe a upgrade to vBulletin 3.5.4 this fixes Cross Site Scripting and maybe this is causing issues ????

BraindG
27-07-2006, 09:12 PM
Maybe a upgrade to vBulletin 3.5.4 this fixes Cross Site Scripting and maybe this is causing issues ????

i already done this in test forum, yet issues stilll there..
if this happened to you a wee while ago, it may be because i was taking a backup of the database, ive never notcied you experiencing this issue before, thus think its due to dtabase backup;

bernmc
27-07-2006, 09:17 PM
Bern...yes, same here, but when did your problems start with NIS? I've had it for 3 years and never had a problem, and still don't get any problems except for loading CVR4 forums over the past 2 weeks.

Same with me - only the past two weeks or so. I thought that the whole site had gone down for a couple of days.. until I tried it on the desktop.

Nick VR4
27-07-2006, 09:23 PM
i already done this in test forum, yet issues stilll there..
if this happened to you a wee while ago, it may be because i was taking a backup of the database, ive never notcied you experiencing this issue before, thus think its due to dtabase backup;

Must have been you doing backup ....yeah posted this as soon as I got back to forum

SGHOM
27-07-2006, 09:29 PM
:thinking: me no understand ?? :book: :embarasse :embarasse

I know jack schitt about complexicators............ but I dont have a problem at all ?? :speechles :speechles

BraindG
27-07-2006, 09:43 PM
:thinking: me no understand ?? :book: :embarasse :embarasse

I know jack schitt about complexicators............ but I dont have a problem at all ?? :speechles :speechles
thats cos your special.

White Lightning
27-07-2006, 09:49 PM
Now you mention it that is the main difference between my laptop (which works on the site ok) and my desktop (which just gets the white page) NIS - I only have it running on the desktop... I'll try disabling it at some point and see if that sorts the issue.

BraindG
27-07-2006, 09:52 PM
Now you mention it that is the main difference between my laptop (which works on the site ok) and my desktop (which just gets the white page) NIS - I only have it running on the desktop... I'll try disabling it at some point and see if that sorts the issue.
failing that, see if you can disable some kind of ad blocking.

SGHOM
27-07-2006, 09:52 PM
thats cos your special.

flattery wont work anymore Barry. :thinking: I'm sorry... but I'm not living with you any more.. It's over between us. /TTTH :embarasse :embarasse

White Lightning
27-07-2006, 09:53 PM
failing that, see if you can disable some kind of ad blocking.

ok - will do - I'll let you know how it goes :2thumbsup

Jimbo
27-07-2006, 11:52 PM
Now this is curious.....my browser privacy/add blocking is still turned on on my NIS settings and I've just down my ritual test to see if I can get back onto CVR4 at home and noticed that all the images and banners loaded fine this time - anything changed?

I still get a white screen on the fourms, but I was so astounded by the former that I've quickly disabled the security to get this post it quickly!

BraindG
28-07-2006, 12:07 AM
I have asked for a couple PHP settings to be changed as per 27-72006 issues thread.. but just checked, and theres no confirmation of any changes...

Spirit
28-07-2006, 08:16 PM
On my laptop, but I can now reply using "quote" in my PM's and pics seem to fully load !

BraindG
28-07-2006, 09:15 PM
On my laptop, but I can now reply using "quote" in my PM's and pics seem to fully load !
what pics?

Spirit
28-07-2006, 09:30 PM
I was only getting attachments to partially show full size when you click on them, the ones I tried all showed full size now.

BraindG
28-07-2006, 09:32 PM
I was only getting attachments to partially show full size when you click on them, the ones I tried all showed full size now.
hmmm, not the ones in the Temp forum.. let me try some around here.

BraindG
28-07-2006, 09:33 PM
and of these (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showpost.php?p=171013&postcount=22)load?

Spirit
28-07-2006, 09:34 PM
Take it back, just tried a different thread and same as before /help

BraindG
28-07-2006, 09:35 PM
Take it back, just tried a different thread and same as before /help
alright, ta :(

this is being investigated atm, the vbulletin guy gave me some settings to get changed with the hosting company. Im just waiting for them all to be implemented.

Spirit
29-07-2006, 06:01 PM
On my laptop, but I can now reply using "quote" in my PM's

Thats now stopped working again /Grrr