PDA

View Full Version : MAF Sensor

SKY is the LIMIT
26-07-2006, 02:29 AM
Hi there i have a question that needs anwering very quickly. I went to a single turbo setup on my galant vr-4 and in order to do that my MAF sensor had to be relocated to the right. but i think the bloke working on the car short circuited the sensor and it burned out cuz after a diagnostic test the MAF sensor was said to be faulty. the car starts and drives but when i reach boost the check engine light comes on and when breaking hard for a traffic light the car stalls. I am searching for a MAF sensor but i am wondering if the mitsubishi diamante sensors would fit my aplication. is it my sensor that is faulty or is it that hte new turbo flows to much that the sensor cant read it. Off boost the car drives good but the moment you get into boost it looks like injectors are starting to misfire and that sorta stuff it still pulls consistently hard clocking 13 secs with 8 psi of boost. i would like to know if the sensor of a diamante or some other mitsubishi would fit my app. my thought are going in the direction of a MAF sensor from a lancer evo or smth like that.

bradc
26-07-2006, 02:46 AM
What country are you in? I've got a spare

Gly
26-07-2006, 06:53 AM
have you considered getting a mapecu and getting rid of the maf altogether

BraindG
26-07-2006, 09:57 AM
im assuming you have checked all the wires?

SKY is the LIMIT
27-07-2006, 10:38 AM
well i am in suriname, a small country in south america. if youd like to post it for me, my postage address is. just write this on the box and mail it to me

Faid Khodabaks
Leysweg 73
Paramaribo, Suriname
South America

bradc
27-07-2006, 12:10 PM
I was hoping you'd be a little closer than that :)

Why didn't you go to a full computer system with a MAP sensor?

SKY is the LIMIT
28-07-2006, 01:34 AM
Id like to do that as that is what i am running on my skyline. On the sky i run the APEXi power FC D jetro kit. But currently dont have much cash for a standaloe ECU. Cash shortage is due to my single turbo conversion. that bloody thing cost me about $2500 excluding labour. but would greatly appreciate it if you could do that for me.

Paul C
28-07-2006, 01:00 PM
have you considered getting a mapecu and getting rid of the maf altogether

If the maf was removed wouldn't that lead to over fueling. If it was race purposes then it wouldn't matter because your foot would be pretty much down most of the time. But every day driving wouldn't it be better to keep the maf.If you remove the map you would have a set of constant figures so in theory you would be sacrifrice fuel adjustment and economy.

SKY is the LIMIT
28-07-2006, 06:36 PM
That the problem i have at the moment. when im comming from a full throttle pass (coming from boost) and i brake hard for a traffic light the car just FCKIN dies on me. its bloody shame cuz people in my country (its a small one with 400000 citizens) know me of my skyline and my evo and if they see me now with my galant they laugh. so i am desparatly searching for a MAF sensor.

Paul C
28-07-2006, 06:48 PM
A company called link do a controller that replaces the maf. It takes the manifold pressure (map) and the revs and uses this information to generate a single to fool the ecu. Thus allowinging you to do away with the maf.

SKY is the LIMIT
30-07-2006, 04:19 AM
The sensor you are talkin about isnt it just a MAF deletion kit. And isnt such a thing vehicle specific and is it allready tuned for flow and that sort of parameters. cuz cou could boost 12 on stock turbos and still not match the flow of a big turbo on 8 psi. and is this sensor tunable like the Djetro map sensor from APEXi. if it is tunable than we could talk buisness.