PDA

View Full Version : Track Day @ Pukekohe ... Checking Interest ?

KiwiTT
27-07-2006, 03:40 AM
Club VR-4 is evaluating the option of running it's own trackday June 2007.

It will cost quite alot to set. So we need at least 20 members to be definites and willing to pay around NZ$200 each or more

Please indicate Yes or No if you would be interested.

mpau009
27-07-2006, 04:33 AM
Please indicate Yes or No if you would be interested.

A whole lot can happen in a year, but at this stage it sounds like good fun.

VR4 MAD
27-07-2006, 04:41 AM
I'd be keen. Would possiblely need someone's floor to sleep on to help with costs, but yea would be great idea.

A question though, why June. That would be a huge gamble with the whether at that time of year. Obviously the summer months would be better but are those months already booked or much more expensive I presume?

Great idea anyway.............but can we get twenty members though.............:speechles

:5shots: :2thumbsup

KiwiTT
27-07-2006, 04:52 AM
A question though, why June. ............but can we get twenty members though.............

Which is why I am guaging interest now. The only Sunday available is June 2007. And I assume Sunday as opposed to a weekday is what is required.

bradc
27-07-2006, 06:01 AM
I wouldn't pay $200, especially in winter. I'd pay $100 though ;)

Lucas
27-07-2006, 06:10 AM
Obviously the summer months would be better but are those months already booked or much more expensive I presume?

Not sure where you are from but for general info I don't think the time of year will affect the weather too much. Here in Auckland the weather is completely out of whack and I personally think that so far this winter has been much dryer than our summer just been. The last week and a half have been quite warm in fact.

As for the trackday idea I think it'd be heaps of fun, even in a relatively standard car. $200 though.... Perhaps I should hit up the boss for a payrise :2thumbsup

Hell if I decided I could go I would be happy paying $200 as it's not really an everyday thing I suppose

You See
27-07-2006, 06:23 AM
Rain or shine....I'll be there! :D

jaimz
27-07-2006, 06:48 AM
Me too!! My last track day was in the rain... but I DIDN'T CARE!! :2thumbsup

20 peeps at $200... does it really cost 4 grand to hire Pukekohe..? I heard it was more around the $1500 mark...

Taupo is always another option...

Gly
27-07-2006, 07:07 AM
i voted yes, but alot can happen in a year..

id really only go if ive dont at least a turbo conversion to mine,
dont fancy my chances if ive have N/A V6

You See
27-07-2006, 07:16 AM
A whole lot can happen in a year

alot can happen in a year

:soapbox: :vogel:

Lucas
27-07-2006, 07:26 AM
I wouldn't go to try and beat other peoples times or anything (because I'd have no chance in an N/A), for me it'd just be the for the experience. I've never actually raced around a track so it'd be a new thing for me.

mpau009
27-07-2006, 07:40 AM
:soapbox: :vogel:

...I havent managed to actually keep a car for more than two years to date, and i probably should move out of home at some point:thinking::pimp2:

Not to mention i finish uni at the end of the year, so by rights i should have a Lambourghini by June, but if not i guess i could still go/pan

Not to mention petrol prices, bacteria in the supermarket chicken, and the ever present terrorist threat, who's to say pukekohe will still be there in a year:thinking: hmmm didn't think of that now did you!:2thumbsup

Wouter
27-07-2006, 07:47 AM
I can't beleive your are bitching about $200!! That is £66!!

A cheap trackday in the middle of winter or a evening trackday is about £100 ($299NZD)

I have just looked what the next track day Oulton Park would cost.... £225 that is $673.25.....

bradc
27-07-2006, 08:15 AM
The problem we will have is if we can get 20 people there. We obviously don't want to invite other people, it would be great to have the track to ourselves for the whole day, can you imagine sharing with clubvtec or clubsub?

Subaru ETA
27-07-2006, 10:27 AM
The problem we will have is if we can get 20 people there. We obviously don't want to invite other people, it would be great to have the track to ourselves for the whole day, can you imagine sharing with clubvtec or clubsub?
haha it would be mean to be there with the vtecs and subs! it will get club vr4 membership up when they get sick of getting killed my the mitsis and buy real cars!
as for track day...HELL YEAH! but need stacks of peeps coz $200 is steep

KiwiTT
27-07-2006, 09:35 PM
I have inquired as to the costs. We also need public liability insurance. Therefore, I am asking for 20 definites, as the numbers may drop to 15 due to one thing or another. Also the Club must still pay the full fee no matter how many cars turn up. I do not want to organise an event, whereby we set the club into debt.

It looks as if that day in June is also going. There is another tentative booking on the only remaining Sunday of 2007. We would also need to pay 50% of the booking price by February.

We may need to consider another track. Mansfield (Taupo). However, keep place you votes.

VR4 MAD
28-07-2006, 02:12 AM
We may need to consider another track. Mansfield (Taupo).

Well I would hope having it more central, ie Taupo would be worth considering if Puke falls through and it maybe cheaper too.:happy:

I presume that you guys would be willing to travel down there, in just the same way we are to travel up to Puke.:speechles

Anyway that's my 2 cents worth.

:pimp2:

bradc
28-07-2006, 03:41 AM
I'd be more keen for taupo :)

KiwiTT
28-07-2006, 03:59 AM
I'd be more keen for taupo :)I have modified the thread to simply say "Track Day"

VR4 MAD
28-07-2006, 04:26 AM
I have modified the thread to simply say "Track Day"

:2thumbsup

KiwiTT
30-07-2006, 01:13 AM
I am leaving the poll open for just one month. If I don't get 20 this time I might try again in a few months time.