PDA

View Full Version : jetex custom exhaust

Paul C
27-07-2006, 06:24 AM
As above are they any good, cat back stainless?

Kieran
27-07-2006, 07:27 AM
I've been eyeing these up for some while, Paul. Jetex seem to get good reviews from googling. What I like is that you can specify your exact system, and all the couplings are sleeve-fit, so it's easier to assemble if, like me, you're not the world's best with a welding torch.

They meet EC and TUV requirements, and the silencer boxes are all absorption based - so they're good for flow. Their stainless design uses includes a blend of metalas such as nickel and Titanium. This apparently improves the accoustic characteristics, making the exhaust less resonant - something to consider in the VR-4 which is known for droning at about 2000-2500 rpm with a bad exhaust on there.

Wouter
27-07-2006, 07:31 AM
I find custom exhausts a bit hit and miss....

I am very unhappy with the Power flow one that I have.... it keeps blowing and the "Stainless" tail pipe is starting to rust. (This is the second tail pipe as the other one rusted as well.)

One of the things to watch out for is the grade of stainless that they use.

304 Stainless is the correct grade if I remember correctly.
Check that there are other Jetex fitters in your area, just in case the garage you use are not as good.
Check that the warrenty which should be lifetime is valid at all garages that fit Jetex.

MPBVr4
27-07-2006, 09:04 AM
My son has a Jetex exhaust on his tweaked MKII Golf. Been on about 2 years with no sign of deterioration. Not too noisy just a throaty growl. Added a few BHP as well:2thumbsup

ritch_w
27-07-2006, 09:42 AM
I am very unhappy with the Power flow one that I have....

the 8 week FTO had a "stainless" powerflow and resonated like hell at 60mph / 2500rpm, wasnt the best fit either and showed signs of corrosion.... definately contributed to the list of reasons for getting rid!

as fo rthe Jetex - a bigname brand like that should be better quality than most, unless u go for a VR4 specific HKS etc

Kieran
27-07-2006, 10:10 AM
Hmmm - Powerflow is not a brand I'd go near. Cheap and nasty is what I've been told and this feedback seems to confirm that opinion. Yuck./pan

Paul C
27-07-2006, 10:28 AM
I'm getting a jetex one fitted today i will let you know how it goes. As for powerflow i have never heard any positive feed back from anyone so i tend to stay clear.

Kieran
27-07-2006, 10:41 AM
I'm getting a jetex one fitted today i will let you know how it goes. As for powerflow i have never heard any positive feed back from anyone so i tend to stay clear.

I take it you're going for a custom built system?

Paul C
27-07-2006, 08:00 PM
yeah custom built, 2.5" cat-back with 5"x3" oval tail pipe.Trying to get the sound so that under normal driving conditions its relatively quite but when you open it up i want it to be quite loud.Didn't get fitted today due to a R33 gtr gatting bigger turbo's fitted. Had mechanics tied up all day. i was well pissed off as i had dropped the car of for a good few hours and they couldn't be bothered to tell me that they couldn't fit it in.