PDA

View Full Version : Trojan when coming onto this site

paulmc
27-07-2006, 12:46 PM
I though I would have a look around here today but got a trojan when arriving at the site. My panda picked it up.

It got deleted but may catch others:thinking: out

BraindG
27-07-2006, 12:48 PM
I though I would have a look around here today but got a trojan when arriving at the site. My panda picked it up.

It got deleted but may catch others:thinking: out
Can you provide some more details please? what exactly did it pick up?

BraindG
27-07-2006, 12:57 PM
alos, does it occur at a certain place? or just the minute you come to clubvr4.com, or clubvr4.com/forum?

paulmc
27-07-2006, 01:03 PM
I am trying to find what one it is but the panda site is not very user friendly.

It happened when I clicked onto VR4 forum in my favorites, my link comes straight to the forum and not the front page. It did not even get chance to load the page properly. My back ground turned blue as it does when arriving at the site then the page loads quickly after that. It was at the blue stage panda flaged up the trojan.

BraindG
27-07-2006, 01:10 PM
I am trying to find what one it is but the panda site is not very user friendly.

It happened when I clicked onto VR4 forum in my favorites, my link comes straight to the forum and not the front page. It did not even get chance to load the page properly. My back ground turned blue as it does when arriving at the site then the page loads quickly after that. It was at the blue stage panda flaged up the trojan.

if you could find out some details that would be great, and possibly help with our current issues on CVR4.

paulmc
27-07-2006, 01:21 PM
Here is all I can find. Even doing a search on the panda site comes up with nothing. When it poped up I went to the panda site for more info but it meant nothing to me so just closed it again. I will keep looking though.

paulmc
27-07-2006, 01:28 PM
Ok found it

HTH

http://www.pandasoftware.com/com/virus_info/encyclopedia/overview.aspx?idvirus=122440&sitepanda=particulares

MPBVr4
27-07-2006, 01:33 PM
Although I've not had any serious issues with the site, like others, I have
had Trojan infection from the site here at work and at home. These have
been successfully cleaned by McAfee. Can't find anything in the log here at work but will check laptop at home tonight:inquisiti

BraindG
27-07-2006, 01:43 PM
if you can provide asmuch information as possible that would be great, i have not experienced these alerts.. however i could try and replicate it tonight.

Qwertyco
27-07-2006, 05:35 PM
it may be a coincidence, but the symantec system on my PC here at work has picked this up a couple of times in the past week or so:

http://www.symantec.com/security_response/writeup.jsp?docid=2004-021914-2822-99

I've never had such an occurance in the past 7 months I've been working here.

BraindG
27-07-2006, 05:49 PM
it may be a coincidence, but the symantec system on my PC here at work has picked this up a couple of times in the past week or so:

http://www.symantec.com/security_response/writeup.jsp?docid=2004-021914-2822-99

I've never had such an occurance in the past 7 months I've been working here.
Is that the link it gives you? or was that a random one? any names of what this trojan is?

Qwertyco
27-07-2006, 05:56 PM
No name. it claimed it was just a trivial generic trojan of little consequence.
It was immediatly quarantined, but the same thing has happened a few times lately, coincidently
since the forum/site problems. I suspect it probably has nowt to do with the site problem, but I thought I
should mention it.
(It's probably due to my dubious surfing habits!)

BraindG
27-07-2006, 06:03 PM
No name. it claimed it was just a trivial generic trojan of little consequence.
It was immediatly quarantined, but the same thing has happened a few times lately, coincidently
since the forum/site problems. I suspect it probably has nowt to do with the site problem, but I thought I
should mention it.
(It's probably due to my dubious surfing habits!)
then again, it might be everything to do with it... /sigh..

there are so many things cropping up, im having trouble finding the link.

Cheers Q

Nutter_John
27-07-2006, 07:10 PM
Barry is there a way of taking the site down and running a virus scan against the server and contents of the DB . As it seems to effect quite a lot of people would tend to think that it maybe one of the supporting files rather than a entry in the DB

just my 0.0002p worth

BraindG
27-07-2006, 07:30 PM
Barry is there a way of taking the site down and running a virus scan against the server and contents of the DB . As it seems to effect quite a lot of people would tend to think that it maybe one of the supporting files rather than a entry in the DB

just my 0.0002p worth
Im looking for find the names of these trojans, and see if i can find them in database.

Nick VR4
27-07-2006, 08:00 PM
I already done that :(

Im looking for find the names of these trojans, and see if i can find them in database.

I am still thinking these Trojans are false positives the Symantec one is used as a generic anything thats looks a bit iffy it will report it

Its odd that a few AV's are picking tgese up or not everyone is getting them

I'm running McAfee and not picked up anything :speechles

Or someone has posted a link and a few people have clicked and some have not and the linked has downloaded the Trojan

Very wierd :speechles:speechles:speechles

BraindG
27-07-2006, 08:02 PM
yeah, its starting to do my head in /pan :speechles :5shots: :5shots: :5shots:

May I sugggest, the people that are getting these trojans..

can you pop over to clubvr4.com/temp1 and play around there for a bit, are you able to replicate the issue there?

thanks
Barry

paulmc
28-07-2006, 02:18 AM
went onto temp and played a while no Trojans:inquisiti

BraindG
28-07-2006, 09:17 AM
went onto temp and played a while no Trojans:inquisiti
and the minute you come back here you get one?

MPBVr4
28-07-2006, 10:25 AM
No Trojans on "temp1" none on here now. Only happened at the beginning of this week. All OK again now ?:thinking:

NevGroom
28-07-2006, 01:36 PM
I got this at work at the beginning of the week too Barry (first time ever). They run Network Associates Viruscan here. I too did not make any note of it and it hasn't happened since (so not much help I'm afraid).

paulmc
28-07-2006, 02:25 PM
and the minute you come back here you get one?

Nope all ok now. Very strange.