PDA

View Full Version : Did I read that right...

Kieran
30-10-2003, 11:12 PM
...Did I, Interlec?? You've got 12 points on your licence?:eek::Eyecrazy:

SGHOM
30-10-2003, 11:41 PM
I now own the slowest VR4 in existance !!! :Cry1: I'm sh*****g myself. 1 more point & its a ban :nono: & nearly 2 years 'till they come off my licence. [ may, 2005 ]I thought an IN10 was for three years.......... but it aint, :Cry1: it's for 5 !!

KiwiTT
31-10-2003, 12:08 AM
Do you get points added for speed cameras like they do in Australia ?

Brind
31-10-2003, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by KiwiTT
Do you get points added for speed cameras like they do in Australia ?

Yep. :rolleyes:

12 points??? you really must learn not to get caught!! :D

KiwiTT
31-10-2003, 12:17 AM
I think if they started that here in NZ, there will be a significant increase in sales of "Radar Detectors". I am now considering one, if I get one more speed camera ticket and certainly if they change the law, which they are considering now.

Brind
31-10-2003, 12:28 AM
It's crazy!!
Everyone will eventually have a ticket soon, as the there is hardly any tolerance.. it has been known to be caught for speeding doing only 1mph over the limit! INSERT INTO post VALUES (1.6km) here.

Kieran
31-10-2003, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by interlec
I now own the slowest VR4 in existance !!! :Cry1: I'm sh*****g myself. 1 more point & its a ban :nono: & nearly 2 years 'till they come off my licence. [ may, 2005 ]I thought an IN10 was for three years.......... but it aint, :Cry1: it's for 5 !!
:nono:
Man that's bad... You must be a very, very naughty boy:D

I take it your next mod will be a Road Angel or similar then?

KiwiTT
31-10-2003, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Brind
It's crazy!!
Everyone will eventually have a ticket soon, as the there is hardly any tolerance.. it has been known to be caught for speeding doing only 1mph over the limit! INSERT INTO post VALUES (1.6km) here.

At the moment we have a 10% tolerance. They are thinking about 5% tolerance and people with wornout speedo cables, may be get tickets for no fault of their own.

It's just a revenue gatherer, it should not be a penalty gatherer too!

Nick VR4
31-10-2003, 10:02 AM
Ouch 12 points :eek:

A definate buy would be a Radar Scanner
Even if you go for a cheap one
I have Snooper got it from Halfords about £199.00
Ok its not the greatest you get alerts from CCTV, Automatic doors at supermarkets
Etc etc
But at least your getting some response or you do then is slow down if your ragging it

3 of my mates have just been done one twice in one day INSERT INTO post VALUES (no scanner)
Another one has the dogs dangly scanner and a jammer at the front and still got caught speeding
Dont have a clue why he got caught but he did
He even asked them to prove it
They did sent 2 pics one front and one rear :eek:

Roadrunner
31-10-2003, 11:23 AM
How do you get 12 points and stay on the road? :confused: I thought reaching the magic number resulted in a mandatory disqualification ... after which, of course, you'd have NO points! ;) :D

Kieran
31-10-2003, 01:55 PM
You only get a ban if you accrue 12 points in 3 years, so it's technically possible to have 12 or more points and still be able to drive INSERT INTO post VALUES (fortunatley for interlec:D)