PDA

View Full Version : in the words of gloria gaynor......

SGHOM
02-08-2006, 09:53 PM
first I was afraid
I was petrified
Kept thinking I could never live
without you by my side
But then I spent so many nights
thinking how you did me wrong
And I grew strong
And I learned how to get along

without you :bigcry: :bigcry:

I'm selling my car. I've had enough.......................... I need to move on. :sad3: :sad3: & I mean it this time. :( :(

barnard
02-08-2006, 10:07 PM
Do you need the address of a poor car dealer who will sell you a good value replacement?

Spirit
02-08-2006, 11:00 PM
Whats the plan then Derek, another Numleg or something totally different ?

BraindG
02-08-2006, 11:16 PM
:thinking: - can we buy parts off it? i.e. wheels and blembos? :iloveyou:

Roberto
02-08-2006, 11:32 PM
WHICH CAR, IS THE REAL QUESTION???

:stupid:

Kieran
03-08-2006, 12:03 AM
:thinking: - can we buy parts off it? i.e. wheels and blembos? :iloveyou:

All your MMCS are belong to Kieran! I need to make a copy of that CD-Changer cable!

ritch_w
03-08-2006, 06:38 AM
And now, the end is near;
And so I face the final curtain.
My friend, Ill say it clear,
Ill state my case, of which Im certain.

Its lived a legnum life thats full.
Its traveled each and evry highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, Ive had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

I planned each charted course;
Each careful step along the byway,
But more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Yes, there were times, Im sure you knew
When I bit off more than I could chew.
But through it all, when there was doubt,
I ate it up and spit it out.
I faced it all and I stood tall;
And did it my way.

Ive loved, Ive laughed and cried.
Ive had my fill; my share of losing.
And now, as tears subside,
I find it all so amusing.

To think I did all that;
And may I say - not in a shy way,
No, oh no not me,
I did it my way.

For what is a man, what has he got?
If not himself, then he has naught.
To say the things he truly feels;
And not the words of one who kneels.
The record shows I took the blows -
And did it my way!

somehow appropriate to all the trials, tribulations and triumphs you have had with the leggie......

HJM
03-08-2006, 07:07 AM
What are you going to drive at the Ring next year ?

H

Wouter
03-08-2006, 07:25 AM
How dare you sell MY track car????

(Unless you buy something better)!! /haz

The Vee
03-08-2006, 07:50 AM
Do you really mean the leggie??? thought you had so many plans for it. Let us know D

Lillywotsername
03-08-2006, 10:23 AM
:bigcry: :bigcry: Just remember D.... Its better to have love and lost than never to have loved a legnum at all:iloveyou:

Paul Beazer
03-08-2006, 05:23 PM
Silence is golden.........

ritch_w
03-08-2006, 08:40 PM
Silence is golden.........

yes

too quiet :speechles

SGHOM
03-08-2006, 08:41 PM
I’m bored with the whole bang shoot.

For the past 3 years, I’ve lived…slept…eaten…dreamt my legnum, & now is the time to move on.
Virtually every weekend, I’ve been doing something to my car. I know you lot have too, but I’ve been getting so much ribbing & pish take off friends outside CVR4. I can handle that.. It don’t bother me. /Grrr

My car is on axle stands on the drive with the front suspension removed ready for yet another refurb. I was at work the other day stripping the paint from the callipers, when I thought…. WTF !! why am I doing this ?? my heart … suddenly.. just was not in it. Call me a wimp if you want !! ….. I can take it !! :speechles

I need to move on & get a life. I just cannot bring myself to spend every waking hour looking at my baby, & wondering what I can do next.

Maybe I’ve taken it a bit too far? [ or myself a bit too far with it ? ]

As most of you know, maybe not the newer members, but my car… & I’m not trying to be big headed about this… does have a bit of ‘celeb’ status about it. It’s been tuned to within an inch of it’s life……. It’s been blinged until it said “no more” !! It’s appeared in most magazines as the fastest known galant in the world…… It’s cost me an arm & a leg & a wife !!

It’s time to sell up…… take a break…. & think about what I want to do next.

I love you all. :iloveyou:

Legnum Breaking
03-08-2006, 08:48 PM
It’s appeared in most magazines as the fastest known galant in the world……

not any more /Nuuu

So who is going to buy a car that is in bits and doesn't go?

SGHOM
03-08-2006, 08:52 PM
not any more /Nuuu

my car went to santa pod on a trailer because it had no tax on it it !!

your car went to santa pod on a trailer because it's not actually a car !! :scholar: :p :p

Spirit
03-08-2006, 08:56 PM
/catfight now now ladies /lol

Just remember, Kev's car will "drive" to the Pod, break both your records and drive home again /STP

Derek, must have been a tough decision to make, but I can understand where you are coming from. Good luck with whatever you choose as a new project......why does the word "Skyline" come to mind ?

Axeboy
03-08-2006, 08:57 PM
Good luck mate... i know what you mean about moving on though...

Let us know soon if you have parts to ehh, part with :)

SGHOM
03-08-2006, 09:01 PM
Let us know soon if you have parts to ehh, part with :)

I'm not breaking it, the car will be put back together as is.... no more mods.. I'll ensure It's running as sweet as.. then I'm open to offers.

bradc
03-08-2006, 09:07 PM
Maybe you could sell it then buy a stock vr-4 and have fun with it as a 100% stock car

Legnum Breaking
03-08-2006, 09:26 PM
my car went to santa pod on a trailer because it had no tax on it it !!

your car went to santa pod on a trailer because it's not actually a car !! :scholar: :p :p

Mine too! Its Motd until november :evilgrin:

Nutter_John
03-08-2006, 09:27 PM
After seeing the car at the Pod this year I would not like to drive that on the road . Was very fast though

Paul Beazer
03-08-2006, 09:28 PM
I get like this sometimes in life. You get so involved in what you're doing, that nothing else even registers around you. You've achieved some fanatastic things with the leggie, but time to move on.
Good for you for coming out of the tunnel and looking around you again.

Take a break from all things car, do something different, enjoy it and remember the good times from the past.

But dont sell the car! I know you'll regret it, maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but sometime and for the rest of your life!

Whatever you decide, dont do anything hasty!

Paul the therapist has left the building.

Spirit
03-08-2006, 10:00 PM

But I don't know what to do
with those tossed salads
and scrambled eggs
they're calling again

Kieran
03-08-2006, 10:14 PM
I get like this sometimes in life. You get so involved in what you're doing, that nothing else even registers around you. You've achieved some fanatastic things with the leggie, but time to move on.
Good for you for coming out of the tunnel and looking around you again.

Take a break from all things car, do something different, enjoy it and remember the good times from the past.

But dont sell the car! I know you'll regret it, maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but sometime and for the rest of your life!

Whatever you decide, dont do anything hasty!

Echo the above really, minus the 'don't sell your car' bit... There are plenty of other Leggles out there if you get the 'itch' again.

Kinda going through something similar in that one of the reasons Ariadne has been off the road since April is partly due to a lack of enthusiasm for it - and a string of problems, coupled with my spotting something else that could need a bit of attention every time I go near the car has been tough. I am getting there, though I dare say I will be burned at Japshow for turning up the the Golf again!/pan

Anyway - point is that for me, it's worth it still, and that's because my VR-4 has not yet achieved my expectations and my desires for it. Whereas I think your car certainly has.... It's been the quickest Legnum that actually still resembles one (/STP) and it's also been the blingiest - But that's only because Mo's car is a saloon!!/pan .... So it's got nothing left to prove.... has it?

A change is as good as a rest, and by changing, you'll be getting a rest.

It might be worth doing what KiwiTT did.... Leave both the car and ClubVR-4 alone for a month or two. Then you'll have a clear mind and be able to reach the right descision, whatever that maybe.

And now I need another drink - excuse me!:5shots:

SGHOM
03-08-2006, 10:21 PM
I'm on the committee... I'm supposed to be Nicks assistant.. I'm supposed to be many things, but my hearts not been in it. for that I do apologise.
time to up sticks & move on. :speechles

colVR4
03-08-2006, 10:57 PM
Its been good to have you along Derek, you have done some great things for the club and for the advancement of VR4's in general.

I am still a noob when it comes to VR4 ownership, but I know for a fact that I will get bored in a couple of years time and will be moving on to something new myself.

If I were you, I wouldn't give a rat's arse about what anybody else says, do whatever you want. As long as you are having fun, stuff 'em. :p

Brunty
03-08-2006, 11:18 PM
Hi Derek,

Sorry to hear about your decision, although I completely understand.

Cars had only ever been transport to me, thinking that emotive/involving cars only existed way outside of my price range. Owning a VR4 and joining the club has proved that theory wrong - and it certainly gets expensive when you want more from your motoring than A-B without getting wet! and I haven't even made any modifications.

You and your car have been a couple of the biggest characters in this club IMHO and I hope you'll still be posting long after your times and track efforts have been eclipsed by other members VR4s.

I take it the cars retirement do will be at the Abbey?

All the best mate

Steve

:chugchug:

The Vee
04-08-2006, 04:09 AM
This thread may all be in the wrong forum now, but as it's here, I'll add me bit!! Like everybody else, I have always enjoyed watching the various "schemes" that have been undertaken with the Leggie. It will be a shame to see one of the club's longer served characters disappear, but times change and people move on. I hope you still drop in from time to time. I'm sure I'm not alone in wishing you all the best with whatever your plan is now and to thank you for your input and help into making this club what it is today.
Best wishes
Andy

KiwiTT
04-08-2006, 05:09 AM
As you may know, I did have need of a break ... it was hard. It worked, my enthuisiam returned for the Club, but never waned for the car.

Unlike most members here, I have decided not to go down the modding path. This is like trying to improve on perfection; you'll never achieve it. This may have saved me, because it allowed me to follow my other interests; computers, medieval history, wargaming, etc.

My car is virtually stock; with only the Ralliart Suspension option, and this is enough for me. You can mod and gain 10% here, 20% there, etc., but on car that already has great standard features; styling, performance, handling, improvements are not really required. This is why I have decided to take out another 3 year maintenance warranty on my "standard" car.

It is just the right car for me now and the other cars that try to attract my attention fail in comparisons. I will have this car for a long time yet. The EVO X will have to be so much better for me to consider the switch.

If you need to be reminded about how good this "standard" car is read these reviews again.

EVO Magazine 1999 (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=564)
Autocar 1998 (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=555)
Autocar 1999 (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=557)
NZ Autopoint 2001 (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1144)
Galant Warrior (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3808)
Top Gear Part 1 (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5717)
Top Gear Part 2 (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5718)
AutoZine Review (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1158)

If after that, you are not motivated to hang on to your car, so be it. All the best with your next choice.

MPBVr4
04-08-2006, 09:38 AM
Derek,

Sorry to hear about your intentions. :(
I shall always remember turning up unannouced at a mini CVR4 meet at Donington last Feb, a complete stranger, and you made both myself and my son feel very welcome.:2thumbsup

I echo the sentiments of other posts in this thread, in particular:

Brunty's
"Cars had only ever been transport to me, thinking that emotive/involving cars only existed way outside of my price range. Owning a VR4 and joining the club has proved that theory wrong"

and KiwiTT
"Unlike most members here, I have decided not to go down the modding path. This is like trying to improve on perfection; you'll never achieve it."

As a result I am fortunate enough to be able to use mine as everyday, reliable, comfortable and most importantly FUN transport.

I have been through periods of "need a change" having attempted, albeit half heartedly, to sell it. I am now, after 2 1/2 years of ownership very content. Undoubtedly the urge for change will come again.

All the best.

Malc

WildCards
04-08-2006, 12:30 PM
All the best D, stay with the club though mate. Your a good bloke and you'll certainly be missed if you disappear. :iloveyou:

K9NG
04-08-2006, 12:32 PM
Derek thats a shame a time comes when a change is needed,
maybe you could consider buying a manual car I mean you did'nt sell
your left leg did you...

Good luck with your future plans :2thumbsup

Will catch up with ya soon..

psbarham
05-08-2006, 04:18 PM
well it will be a sad day when the leggie does go , and an even sadder one when you say goodbye to this club , but what ever you decide to do myself ,cat , jack & cameron will always think of you as that crazy old fart with a stupidly fast car :D oh and a quick message from the boys "please derek can we press the big red button one last time before you sell it ??????"

Brunty
06-08-2006, 01:26 AM
...but I know for a fact that I will get bored in a couple of years time and will be moving on to something new myself

As Mitsubishi in their wisdom have uglified the galant and dropped the vr4 classification I'm sure this is true for virtually all of us (sadly - shame on Mr. Mitsubishi).

and an even sadder one when you say goodbye to this club

Derek, I hope this won't be the case. Most of your post's have related to your life rather than your car (black tongue, vandalised back yard, hot lady F1 fan at the abbey, etc). We love it. No need for that to change.

SGHOM is dead. Long live Derek.

Skol.

:chugchug:

Steve

g6acb
06-08-2006, 02:22 AM
Whilst I have not been a member of clubVR4 for too long, when I went to my first club event ( Donnington trackday Feb 2006 ) Dereks was the first Smiling face to greet me - I fully apreciate the the fact that you have put so much time / effort/ money into achieving your goal .... if you want to go down another avenue then I don't think anyone here could say anything but fair play and good luck........ so long as you keep us informed.......

Lillywotsername
06-08-2006, 11:30 AM
I can't see why you would want to leave the club D...... You don't need the car to be part of the club, and I for one love you to bits and would be very upset if I didn't see your name popping up on the screen in front of me.
All I can say is.....
All hail SGHOM, may he always be among us/grouphug

Kieran
06-08-2006, 11:32 AM
I can't see why you would want to leave the club D...... You don't need the car to be part of the club, and I for one love you to bits and would be very upset if I didn't see your name popping up on the screen in front of me.
All I can say is.....
All hail SGHOM, may he always be among us/grouphug

Ditto:iloveyou:

bernmc
06-08-2006, 12:46 PM
Stupid nob. I've a mind to come up there and kick your arse - just as soon as I have a weekend free!

The first few weeks of giving up the drink are the worst, m8 - hang in there and the shakes will stop, and the world will slowly turn rosy again ;):D;)

BraindG
08-08-2006, 11:28 AM
Incase you are wondering why hes not replying....

He's not got internet access at home any longer. NTL will be plugging him in, in about a week or 2...

He's not ignoring us /JawDroppi

Legnum Breaking
08-08-2006, 12:17 PM
It will cost you more to put right than you will get for it :sad3:

Kieran
08-08-2006, 03:04 PM

This is true!! Trust me!:rolleyes4 :rolleyes4 :rolleyes4

ritch_w
08-08-2006, 04:22 PM

Dereks car?

whats wrong with it?

SGHOM
08-08-2006, 10:49 PM
Dereks car?

whats wrong with it?

just catching up with this thread.

basically.... I've a boost leak... or so I/we thought. Richy & I changed the turbo's, but that seemed to make the problem worse. :oops:
my car is now back home, & I need to replace the turbo's with the originals & take it from there.

but as I said at the outset, I cant be arsed. :undecided I will do something with it, just dont know when. It will stay where it is for the forseable future. :( :(