PDA

View Full Version : Standard Cobra Alarm

n13l pm
04-08-2006, 04:27 PM
Hi

I have a cobra alarm on my galant 2003 2.5 v6 which seems to be the standard one which comes with these galants.

I wanted to know if there is any way to turn the sound on when i alarm my car? Iv tried the manual and tried looking it up on the net without any luck. (i have a two button remote for the alarm)

/help

n13l pm
06-08-2006, 08:25 PM
:smug: Sorted it.. just in case anyone else wants to know; you have to disconnect your battery for 30seconds then reconnect it, that will turn on the buzzer when you activate or deactivate the alarm. Its also the same case if you want to stop the buzzer on activation or deactivation.

Paul Beazer
06-08-2006, 08:45 PM
Strange, mine never makes any noise when activating / deactivating, except the locks clunking.
I've done the battery thing (it beeps when battery re-connected), but mine only beeps when the alarm is disabled or hasnt set correctly.

n13l pm
06-08-2006, 09:01 PM
What should happen is when you reconnect the battery it should beep then and every time you activate/deactivate it should beep. The next time you disconnect and connect the battery it should beep once then and not again when you activate/deactivate the alarm.

Strange why yours doesnt do that!! I found is out on another forum somewhere, because for some reason cobra have decided to not write this in there manuals!

Niraj
10-08-2006, 07:11 PM
you silly muppet....!

to activate de-activate the beeps follow these instructions.

1. disconnect car battery (wait 30 seconds)
2. reconnect car battery
3. within 5 seconds of reconnecting battery press button A (the large one) on the remote fob.

This will activate/deactivate the buzzer for keypresses.

Paul Beazer
10-08-2006, 09:48 PM
Just call me Kermit!

g6acb
10-08-2006, 10:29 PM
you silly muppet....!

to activate de-activate the beeps follow these instructions.

1. disconnect car battery (wait 30 seconds)
2. reconnect car battery
3. within 5 seconds of reconnecting battery press button A (the large one) on the remote fob.

This will activate/deactivate the buzzer for keypresses.

ooooh --- this does work.... just tried it, dont like it, tried to undo it and now my car wont start and the alarm wont stop.....

good job I have little in the way of neigbours.....

g6acb
10-08-2006, 11:18 PM
good god ...20 mins of a car alarm realy is quite annoying.... to shut the fuc%er up i had to disconnect the possitive.... disconect the negative.... by now i'm going deaf in my right ear as its next to the siren.... both battery terminals off and the siren is even louder running on its own battery...

inside the car... in with the dongle thing and all is quiet... reconnect negative, reconnect possitive... alarm goes off.... dissarm with fob works and it beeps.... hop in car it starts but idles like a sack of spanners ( ecu re-learning ) hop out of car, click the fob and it double beeps......

think i will leave it for now as I have to use it tomorrow to get to work .....