PDA

View Full Version : Oh phooey...

ReggieK
31-10-2003, 01:13 PM
Was hoping to take charge of Il Dottore's VR4 this weekend but the personal plate has to be moved and a new one registered. B*gger another week.

I Just can't wait. Aaaaarrgggghhh it's killing me. I want that car bad. :Cry1:

Must take up yoga and meditation. Failing that stay drunk for a week. :D

Nick VR4
31-10-2003, 01:31 PM
Ok no thats not good news :INSERT INTO post VALUES (

I would go for the drink option jk :beerclash

ReggieK
31-10-2003, 02:29 PM
Apologies for keeping on posting but, damn it, I'm excited....

Car has just passed a Mistubishi inspection - tyres are wearing but apart from that all is OK. Yippee :hurrah: :hurrah:

Nick VR4
31-10-2003, 04:20 PM
Thats better news mate

:D

zedy1
31-10-2003, 04:33 PM
good news m8 hoping to see some pics

Roadrunner
31-10-2003, 04:36 PM
tyres are wearing
What?? Take it back ... :D

peterernest
31-10-2003, 05:54 PM
I totally appreciate how excited you are.

My VR4 has been at the garage since 6th September INSERT INTO post VALUES (they did give me a Ford KA to use)

I was invited to inspect her today, I now have to wait until monday whilst they valet her. My God I'm so pleased to be getting her back!

I'll be posting pics-a-plenty next week.

ReggieK
31-10-2003, 05:56 PM
[My VR4 has been at the garage since 6th September INSERT INTO post VALUES (they did give me a Ford KA to use)[/B]

How on earth are you managing to survive, at least I have an ST24 to fall back on. What's wrong with it to mean a stay of that length?

peterernest
31-10-2003, 06:03 PM
Embarrassingly I reversed my car in to a tree!

Although at first it looked like a bit of cosmetic damage I had infact hit the end of the chassis which then warped the rear wing.

New bumper, new lid, new lid trim, the VR4 spoiler only arrived after six weeks and then my exhaust........ non standard and undeclared to my insurers.

After a grovelling letter to my insurers claiming that I bought the car in good faith and was under the impression that it was completely manufacurers standard, they replaced the stailess steel system at no extra cost.

INSERT INTO post VALUES (As if an insurance Company did that!)

The Workshop Manager, who is fascinated with my car, has also installed Reversing sensors, darkened my rear window and installed a signal amplifier as the radio ariels installed in the windscreen are crap.

Can't complain, just looking forward to getting my baby back.:)

peterernest
31-10-2003, 06:04 PM
And all at no extra cost to me!

Kieran
31-10-2003, 07:15 PM
Excellent news! Glad to hear that the insurance worked out OK as well.

Perhaps you could convince your garage's workshop manager to buy a VR-4 and join the fold! May provide a cheap servicing route:D

Il Dottore
31-10-2003, 07:19 PM
Oh how cruel you are!!! Being so jolly over the demise of my VR4 Ownership! Nearly 2.5 years now...

ReggieK, I hope you take good care of her as I'll still be dropping in here every now and again to keep an eye on things, seeing as I was at the inaugural Japfest meet and fully intend to pay my £15 even though I will soon no longer have DISSUM.

For over a 18 months I wandered the VR4 wilderness that is the MLR in search of fellow owners INSERT INTO post VALUES (Nick VR4 - remember the G-Force Rolling Road day?); and now I am happy to see a good VR4 community starting to build.

It is certainly the best car I have ever owned and also one of the longest I have ever held onto one for. Even now I know it just can't be beat, and if they sorted out the servicing intervals I would not be letting it go.

Keep the love y'all and remember what an elite and exclusive club you are all members of and pay yer damn £15! .:nono:

Phil.

Nick VR4
31-10-2003, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Il Dottore

Nick VR4 - remember the G-Force Rolling Road day

Phil.

Mmmm You have me thinking now :Ponder: :Ponder: :Ponder:
Well a few peeps spoke to me but I'm thinking you are Doc Cock or something like that
You didnt have your VR4 with you
Am I right :confused:

Edited
Yes Im right just checked your profile and you have Doc Cock on yahoo

Wow mate you should have shouted at me :D

Spirit
01-11-2003, 08:20 AM
Phil

Glad to see you will be staying with us mate and I am sure Reggie will love her as much as you do.

We gonna see you at the next Japfest then ?