PDA

View Full Version : I'm in over my head..

mpau009
06-08-2006, 04:12 AM
Okay so i thought that i could save a few dollars and fix my smashed rear kit. No problems for my first go at fibreglassing:thumbsup: , i patched up the crushed area and cracks not too bad, but before i join the two pieces back together i thought i had better make sure they still fit nice to the body. and thats where the problem is:

:anxious: The actual bumper on the car must have taken a bit of pressure when the kit fell off on the right, and as the pics show its pushed in a bulge in the plastic - and up to the bootline door gap. I had a feel around, and it doesnt seem like there is much behind there, so my question is this:

1) Can this be fixed without major panelwork so it sits flush to the kit, and how? do i brace it up or something?
or 2) should i just take it to a professional

or 3) would i need a new bumper for it to ever look right again?:sick:

Has anyone had a similar problem? I mean i can push it back by hand so it sits nice, but it just springs back:rolleyes4

ps. dont worry about the muffler it sat like that anyway..:d

mpau009
06-08-2006, 04:17 AM
Okay... what did i do wrong with the pics? They're Jpegs 1020x795.. normally works fine:angry:

Gly
06-08-2006, 04:46 AM
forum seams to be having issues with pics atm,

send them to me
transformer(at)xtra.co.nz

see if i can get you any addvice

mpau009
06-08-2006, 05:01 AM
forum seams to be having issues with pics atm,

send them to me
transformer(at)xtra.co.nz

see if i can get you any addvice

Done.:bananadan

Gly
06-08-2006, 07:33 AM
you get my email?

mpau009
06-08-2006, 07:47 AM
you get my email?

Yeah thanks, i'v got a heat gun at work, but i should have a proper look at the underneath to check theres nothing bent or broken, but the weather is a bit :undecided so i'll have a look tomorrow.

Will heat damage the paint at all? I guess you have to be pretty careful.

On the plus side at least i know the kit will go back together straight /haz :sunny:

Gly
06-08-2006, 07:52 AM
yeh be careful with it...

also when you have the kit repainted, make sure they dont put it the oven as this could warp the fibre glass. and cause all sorts of problems.

ritch_w
06-08-2006, 09:58 AM
canny see the piccies

MJR
06-08-2006, 10:23 AM
canny see the piccies

SAME HERE /Hissy

mpau009
06-08-2006, 11:57 AM
Even i couldnt see them straight after posting them, must be an issue with the newer forum/Elmo /haz