PDA

View Full Version : Door Pods - ICE

n13l pm
06-08-2006, 10:28 PM
Hi

Has anyone got speakers on their rear door panels? My model doesnt have it as standard, not sure about the vr4 or anyother models.

I was thinking of making pods for the rear door panels, has anyone tried or done this?

Gly
07-08-2006, 06:04 AM
whats wrong with the speakers in the rear window tray?

only legnums had them in the doors.

dickytim
07-08-2006, 08:48 AM
just curious, what are the differences between the legnum rear doors and the galants ?

Could you get legnum door cards and fit them to a galant ?

Gly
07-08-2006, 09:25 AM
just curious, what are the differences between the legnum rear doors and the galants ?

Could you get legnum door cards and fit them to a galant ?

me an uc are gonna have a compare next weekend when we finish rewiring his amps.

other than the glass surround parts im not sure if there is any diff?

n13l pm
07-08-2006, 12:27 PM
My reason for pods on the rear doors is because im not using the the rear shelf (window tray) for speakers.. why you may ask!! because i am using these as port exits on my subwoofer enclosure.

I am gonna make a custom enclosure which fits in to the back of the boot and which has two ports which come out on the top inline with the speaker holes. Im only getting one 12" sub, but its really powerfull 1500rms!!

http://www.theloudest.co.uk/?sectionid=2&page=view_product&product_id=85

Having speakers on the shelf even when you have a sub with/without port holes isnt a great idea, becasue the bass created by the sub pushes air in the boot which effects the cones on the speakers.

It would be great if you can compare the door cards mate, saving me making pods, if the cards fit!! :happy:

d i c k i e s
08-08-2006, 01:05 AM
i have mine on the doors (being a legnum) and in my seat. both the drivers and passengers seat have speakers in them. what brand they are i dont know. but wanna replace them cos i want something a lil louder.