PDA

View Full Version : Ha!

mpau009
07-08-2006, 10:52 AM
It took me a bit, but Pezza was asking about this suspension setup on trademe, and i said it was overpriced.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Car-parts-accessories/Performance/Suspension-braces/auction-65985284.htm

Then i just had a good look and it clicked...

Thats my old suspension setup, Tanabe sustec pros, out of *my* 1997 STR I am 99% sure, becuase i had those adjustable spanners made up by a mate, and cut out by a CAD program:scholar: Unless theres some exactly the same then they must be mine.

So, moral of the story, dont pay $500+ for them, i got them in 2004 for $350/haz and did 20k on them.

I might be wrong, but it would be one hell of a coincidence.

OSiRiS
07-08-2006, 10:59 PM
Were there any problems with them when you removed them?

How low did they sit?

Why did you remove them?

mpau009
08-08-2006, 02:51 AM
Were there any problems with them when you removed them?

How low did they sit?

Why did you remove them?

Not that i know of, they looked pretty average when i got them, which makes me think they had been used for a while, i sold them on the car because i couldnt be assed taking them out and they were a bit firm (im not sure if they really are damper adjustable if its the same set) I gave the guy the factory suspension as well, which i regret, because now my Vr4 shocks are starting to leak.

I'll try and stick up a pic, but the forum seems to play up a bit at the moment

BTW i checked with the mate who made them, and those spanners are 100% definately the ones we had cut, so i assume the suspension is the same, looks the same to me anyway.

bradc
08-08-2006, 08:31 AM
Should ask him then in the auction, it's kind of funny if you ask me. At least if he bought them with your car then he wouldn't have known how much they really cost him.