PDA

View Full Version : Friday 18th Karting in Grantham - Limited Spaces

WildCards
07-08-2006, 11:38 AM
I'm trying to set up a team for an endurance event to be held on Friday evening 18th August.

Anyone interested? I need definates otherwise it's going to be too expensive, and it's obviously first come first served I'm afraid. I'm looking for no more than 4 people to make a 5 man team. It'll be £40 each for 20 laps and food.

1. WildCards

We have the UK’s (possibly Europe’s) most loved pro kart GP track on our region and we get discounted rates for hiring the whole thing (including the bars and restaurants on site)

60-70mph (est) twin engined karts on an endurance race, we need to make teams for each kart to run the endurance race of 100 laps on the full 1200 meter circuit.

After the teams race (teams can be as many people per kart as you wish) we will have a hog roast at the newly built bar and then a few beers (or soft drinks) before we head off home. We need about 80-100 people for this (the hog roast will be enough for 100 people on its own) so everyone from across UK is more than welcome to join the fun, even if they are spectating the fun from the stands overlooking the famous PFI GP track and moving on next door for food later.

If you have never been to PFI and you’re a petrolhead then you need to go at least once, it is a pretty special place.

If you have never experience true pro karts (twin 4 stroke Honda engined racing go karts) then no matter what you drive you should come along and experience the ultimate in F1 Karting.

KD has already put a deposit down for us all for Friday the 18th of august.

Prices for the event

Normal fees for the event are £200+vat per kart for the endurance race (100 laps)

Now the idea is we get into teams cos after 20 laps you will be in need of a BIG rest in these things and a fresh jokey will win the race for your team, if you want to do it all on your own your more than welcome though.

We have “mates rates” for the event curtesy of KD at 140+vat per kart so say 165inc for each kart thats 55 pound per person if there is 3 people in a team (30 laps you will be in need of a BIG rest I assure you)and then about 8 pound each for the hog roast (as long as we get enough people)

3-4 people per team would be ideal

For more info on the facilities look here

www.jmkartsport.co.uk (www.jmkartsport.co.uk)

so the plan is arrive at 6pm and for the first hour will be practice runs for people who have never been in a pro kart before with tutorial to make sure you make the most of your track weapon. Then after everyone knows how their supped up kart handles/drives and has had a go on the track we can start the endurance race.

There is about 3 football pitches of secure parking inside the venue (and it will all be ours apart from the racing teams leaving as we are hiring the whole place)

PFI is the UK's No.1 karting circuit and the favourite of todays UK Go Kart GP drivers, if you have been karting and enjoy it but not had a chance to drive the twin engined pro karts or had the chance to drive the PFI circuit then this is a must for any petrolhead.

There is no limit to the amount of people per team but I suspect there will be a limit on the number of karts available (ill say 30 but I’m yet to get that confirmed) would be good to get everyone who was at the Lincs Hoon together again for this and also some of the starkhomes crowd too (BG and co, you know who you are) the track is in notts afterall

Wouter
07-08-2006, 12:05 PM
I am sorely tempted.... but the 141 miles there and 141 miles back.... are a small issue!

Good luck!! :thumbsup:

Physician
07-08-2006, 12:50 PM
Wow! I'd also love to do this as I used to go karting regularly when I lived in Dubai. (And I've got the spark plug 'belt' scars on my elbows to prove it!!!)

Unfortunately I'm going away on the Saturday and will be getting ready to leave.

Yea, good luck Steve .......... and everyone else who has never been karting - DO IT. If you think a VR4 feels fast you ain't seen nothing in comparison. :undecided

WildCards
07-08-2006, 01:40 PM
This can only happen if we get the numbers, othwise it'll be too pricey.

richy rich
07-08-2006, 10:10 PM
im in steve/Devil5

WildCards
07-08-2006, 10:14 PM
1. WildCards
2. Richy Rich

C'mon ladies, get your arses into gear and come for a hoon on the karts - bunch of wimps.

Friday 18th August 6pm at www.jmkartsport.co.uk in Grantham - proper karts, not some girly sh!t you see on the Costa del Sol

WildCards
07-08-2006, 10:15 PM
Rich, hope you've been woking out mate. Looks like you and I are doing 50 laps a piece mate. Taxi home?

richy rich
07-08-2006, 10:17 PM
how much for both of us

Spirit
07-08-2006, 10:18 PM
Sorry mate, would love too but a 570 mile round trip :uhoh2:

g6acb
07-08-2006, 10:26 PM
/Hmmm ..... will check work timetable in the am to see if I can make this one

:helmet:

WildCards
07-08-2006, 10:28 PM
Sorry mate, would love too but a 570 mile round trip

Was'nt expected you guys down south to come Pete, tis a bloody long way for one evenings karting. But thought a few more Midlands-ish people might have been up for it. if I had the space I'd offer beds/floor space for people to stay over but...

how much for both of us

Well it's 140 +Vat for a kart plus £8 each for the hog roast. So £90.25 unless my sums are way out.. If you just give me £100 i'll take care of it.

I've mentioned it to my dad this evening who might be up for it and i've got one not skint mate who might be keen. If we can do 3/4 people it's still economically viable, otherwise i'm out I reckon.

Richy, would Flynn be up for it? He seemed nutty enough to race at 70mph with his ar5e an inch from the floor.

richy rich
07-08-2006, 10:29 PM
pls come 50 laps is daunting

WildCards
07-08-2006, 10:31 PM
pls come 50 laps is daunting

It is, I did about 33 laps of Stretton earlier in the year, that is a much shorter course and I was kernackered, arms felt like I had two medicine balls strapped to them.

WildCards
07-08-2006, 10:32 PM
1. WildCards
2. Richy Rich
3. G6acb - pending time off

g6acb
10-08-2006, 11:18 AM
If this is still going ahead I can make it.... alltough £ wise 3 is the mininmum team I could do.....

WildCards
10-08-2006, 11:27 AM
Nice one mate, that's the 3 then, which is what I needed to £ wise. Anyone else? even if you don't want to race you can turn up for a laugh and enjoy the hog roast they're putting on. £8 to eat until it's gone.

1. WildCards
2. Richy Rich
3. G6acb

g6acb
10-08-2006, 11:31 AM
Is rich still in?? though I read some where he was going darn sarf with a box o spanners???

Lillywotsername
10-08-2006, 11:36 AM
Don't panic Adrian... He is still in. I think it wil be a really early am start for him to go down to london on the Saturday:thumbsup:

WildCards
10-08-2006, 11:37 AM
Is rich still in?? though I read some where he was going darn sarf with a box o spanners???

hmm, yeah, that might be the case. Unless he's going karting first?

RICHY WHAT YOU DOIN?

/EDIT - Ignore me, Lor's beat me to it.

richy rich
15-08-2006, 08:47 AM
Anybody else coming to this

come on great fun :2thumbsup

WildCards
15-08-2006, 09:02 AM
Even if you don't want to race you can turn up and enjoy the Hog Roast for £8, or even just come over to enjoy what should be some pretty competitive racing.

At the minute it seems there are about 14 teams/14 karts. They have 20 karts available so plenty of space left if you want to come, and the hog roast caters for 100 people so I should think you'll get alot of grub for your £8.

WildCards
15-08-2006, 11:30 AM
I might have a mate coming too, meaning 25 laps each at a cost of £42 for the karting and £8 for the Hog Roast. Means a few less laps but makes it a little more affordable. Apparently we will be get a few practise laps and qualitfying though.

Nick Mann
15-08-2006, 11:31 AM
Sorry - this weekend I will mostly be at Worcester Beer Festival! :chugchug: :beerchug: :runkest:

WildCards
15-08-2006, 11:34 AM
No sweat Nick, you havea good time getting pished mate.

Can we have some thoughts on a team name gentleman? If we can let them know before Thursday it'll be up on the boards as we arrive.

richy rich
15-08-2006, 11:36 AM
team wrd motorsport /haz

or team clubvr4

Nutter_John
15-08-2006, 11:38 AM
Steve - what time does it start @ as I may be able to come along , it's only 98 miles from me and have nothing better to do on a friday night :(

I recon it would take about 2 hrs for me to get there

richy rich
15-08-2006, 11:42 AM
john i think it starts at 6pm

come on get your name down

WildCards
15-08-2006, 11:43 AM
Steve - what time does it start @ as I may be able to come along , it's only 98 miles from me and have nothing better to do on a friday night :(

I recon it would take about 2 hrs for me to get there

The more the merrier John, might be a good practice for Japfest II mate, help settle the nerves.
Starts at 6pm and is expected to end about 10pm.

At this rate we might need two karts!

Nutter_John
15-08-2006, 11:49 AM
ooooo 6pm is cutting it close as I finish at 4pm in St Albans , may just turn up anyway to offer support . Did an enduro at Daytona in MK the other month was great fun . Will see if I can get awya early on Friday , maybe hard as I have not done any work at all this week ( well I am the boss :) )

WildCards
15-08-2006, 11:52 AM
C'mon John, just come straight from work, food is provided mate.

I forgot Andy might be coming over aswell, got a PM back from the the other day, sorry I hadn't added you mate, completely slipped my mind. That makes 6, so do we fancy two teams of 3 then, and get a bit of inter-club rivalry going on. 33 Laps / £55 Each + £8 Hog Roast?

1. WildCards
2. Richy Rich
3. G6acb
4. Nutter John
5. The Vee
6. Mark - WildCards Mate

richy rich
15-08-2006, 12:09 PM
id prefer 4/5 per team

Nutter_John
15-08-2006, 12:14 PM
leave me off then steve - will just come down to support and the fooooooood

WildCards
15-08-2006, 12:14 PM
id prefer 4/5 per team

Cool.

John, i'm sure we can get you in a kart at some point mate, even if you arrive late.

WildCards
16-08-2006, 10:16 AM
Any ideas on a team name: 'ClubVR4' ?

richy rich
16-08-2006, 10:32 AM
Any ideas on a team name: 'ClubVR4' ?
good for me :thumbsup:

The Vee
17-08-2006, 04:52 PM
Yeah I'll be there, as I said, quite happy to have a go, but if spaces are short, quite happy just to nosh. So if only one team, and NJ wants in - no probs. Either way happy.:2thumbsup

gaz70
17-08-2006, 05:23 PM
Steve i would of come but im in the middle of my loft conversion so the funds are tight at the mo. Hope it goes well. Just for future referance there is a karting track in a village called Langer (OLD WARTIME AIRFIELD) it would be closer for you next time but i have never been so couldnt give you any details:thinking:

WildCards
17-08-2006, 06:10 PM
There are a few karts left and a few people turning up hoping make a team, so if The Vee and fruitcake john want to make a second team with another 1 or 2 blokes on the day i'm sure you'll be able to.

The place will provide race suits, gloves and helmets as per all karting circuits but my advice would be to bring your own gloves and helmet if you've got them, and possibly some wet weather gear as the forecast is bad. The event WILL NOT be rained off, we'll run as normal (slicks 'n all) in the wet and get wet.

Physician
17-08-2006, 06:34 PM
........ The event WILL NOT be rained off, we'll run as normal (slicks 'n all) in the wet and get wet.

Shame about the forecast ........... 'slicks'????????? Make sure someone takes a video of the first and only lap then!

Have a good time guys. /Wave

g6acb
17-08-2006, 06:46 PM
The event WILL NOT be rained off, we'll run as normal (slicks 'n all) in the wet and get wet.

/Brolly :helmet: :vogel: /help

I had pulled a masterstroke of co-ordination to end a meeting in Doncaster at 4pm, allowing plenty of time to get to Karting......

.... This plan is now B0lloxed ....

So i'll have to trust the M62 / A1 rush hour traffic gods are smiling on me..... /duh

Steve, you want to PM me a contact number?? can let you know if running late....

WildCards
17-08-2006, 08:00 PM
Number Page'd. I've asked the bloke about times, he says the proper racing will start at about 7pm, the first hour will be practice and qualifying, so we can get on with that in anyones absence.

I've had to hatch a master plan of my own TBH, so far so good.

Nutter_John
18-08-2006, 02:48 PM
Steve , I'm not going to be able to come to the GoKarting as someone at work has eff'd up and I now have to pick up the pieces - Will not get away until at least 10pm :( .

Sorry to mess you about but I hope you all have a good time .

Cheers John

Nutter_John
18-08-2006, 05:25 PM
Correction - I'm leaving now now now

See you in a couple of hours guys

The Vee
18-08-2006, 11:34 PM
Went to this tinight and it seems the Karters had a good time. They also managed a very respectable place on the leader board. Nutter and I were there as cheer leaders!! Good to see all you peeps again. Got me to thinking though, an event like this would make a great CVR4 meet but that's another thread.......................
Great evening/thankyou

Nutter_John
18-08-2006, 11:49 PM
Yeah Andy was good chatting with you and cheering the guys on ( why we had to use the pom poms though I will never know /lol )

Not sure where they placed but the four drivers ( well if you can all them that) seemed to really enjoy it .

Role on the next event !!!!

WildCards
19-08-2006, 12:08 AM
Cheers Guys :thumbsup: the rara skirts were a nice touch, although your legs leave alot to be desired Andy :stop:

A great evening, thoroughly enjoyed it. I couldn't believe the size of the place and how professional every thing was. Think Rockingham, add a couple of bends and shrink everything and you've got PFi international... almost.

I think Rich, Adrian and I were let down by Mark (my c*nt mate) who couldn't seem to string two decent laps together. Thankfully he won't be reading this /Devil5

The circuit was still quite wet for the first 20 minutes of so, so Adrian, Rich and I had quite a job keeping iot from pointing the right way, although by the time the race started everywhere had dried out fairly well. The karts were NO WHERE NEAR the 70mph stated, but they felt fast when you were in them and no single kart seemed faster than another so no biggy.

We finished 15th out of 19, not great but there were some real good kart racers there this evening. Numerous teams had experienced kart racers and many people had been to this place before, which left us with a distinct disadvantage. It was speculated that a few chaps were WSB racers by day, so they obviously know how to read a racing line too.

I think Rich has some video and Adrian took a few snaps they might post. Otherwise, thanks to those who came, was a really great night and was good to see people again. Roll on Japfest eh?

g6acb
19-08-2006, 12:09 AM
Yeah, that was cool..... not to sure on the uber competitivness of lots of the other teams though :dizzy2:

While the rain stayed away, the track was never completely dry meaning spins - a - plenty /duh

richy rich in action.....

Pig sarnies pretty good too...

WildCards
19-08-2006, 12:12 AM
Yeah, that was cool..... not to sure on the uber competitivness of lots of the other teams though :dizzy2:

Indeed, a bit much when your just their to have fun, but hey ho.

richy rich
19-08-2006, 08:17 AM
first as i said to you last night Steve /thankyou for organising this it was good fun.

as said above i don't think these karts will do 70mph:smash: :soapbox:

but very good fun

the race went like this

we started 6th on the grid with Adrian driving unfortunately he had a bad first couple of laps that put us to the back we all spent the next 98 laps trying to claw back up the board. (sorry Adrian if it sounds like you put us to the back but you did :smash: :smash: /haz)

and towards the end of the race it started to get very greasy so spin spin spin
i overtook one kart on the inside of the hair pin (very late braking) next lap i did the exact same thing and the track had changed and guess what i span :smash: :smash:

this is with 7 driver changes and 1 fuel stop.

Lillywotsername
19-08-2006, 09:14 AM
Got me to thinking though, an event like this would make a great CVR4 meet but that's another thread.......................
Andy, you must be kidding. Steve mentioned the competative racing being done by some teams and the determination to win ect......
Could you imagine how bad it would be if more than 1 or 2 CVR4 teams were involved........ The testosterone levals would just be too much to bare:rolleyes4 :stars: /grr

WildCards
19-08-2006, 09:44 PM
Most of the members of this Club are old fukcers, i'm not sure there is all that much testosterone left.

Most of the other teams were uber competitive, quite odd really as we were out to have fun, and I reckon in all seriousness most CVR4 members would treat it as we did.

Have a laugh, cut a few people up, make a few decent passing manouvres and pat each other on the back at the end of the night. That's the way it should be IMO.

WildCards
19-08-2006, 10:11 PM
As taken from the organisers posting on Pistonheads, As was suspected there were three World Superbike Riders there, Chris Walker, Steve Plater & Cal Crutchlow.

Thanks to everyone who turned up was a great night, a lot better than I thought after the crap weather today I thought we would loose a few drivers but it turned out well and we had a full 19 teams racing.

Was also good to race some real drivers for once too, so thanks for that Ballistic hahaha ok and the superbike riders, was good to have you along, cheers Karl for arranging it and Cal did well (even if he was more concentrated on skitting at Chris and Steve than overtaking them)

I think I speak for everyone saying we had a great night, and I personally can’t wait for the next!

Results from the evening are below. can you pls let me know who the team members where for the missing ones below and ill edit this post.

1 - Skyline - Ballistic AKA the stig
2 - Plate Of Chips – Chris Walker and Steve Plater
3 – M400 JET – Karl Dineen and Cal Crutchlow
4 – Beef – sorry not sure which PH members that was, please advise.
5 – Wet & Wild – obviously another pro team cos they beat me (not sure tbh)
6 – Slackers – Me, Steve and Matt
7 – Linpave – drivers unsure, please advise
8 – Yorks – StuB and hobo
9 – Poo B’s – unsure please advise
10 – H B G T – Heebeegeetee and friend.
11 – Kuntari – BURNIE and other Kuntari
12 – Gemini – SimonHarrod911 and his biz partner Carl
13 – Screw Balls – unsure please advise.
14 – Wet & Waxy – LincsGT2 and friends
15 – Finish Last – My next door neighbor Gordy and his mate Max.
16 – Club VR4 – Wilcards + friends
17 – Feel (the) Force – unsure pls advise
18 – One Stroke – PolarBert and WelshNobby
19 – Has Beens – RedRSR and friends

Best crash had to go to Plate Of Chips, would be good to know who was the jockey at the time and your lucky it wasn’t the ring, they charge for the Armco!

Fastest laps in seconds, from fastest down to slowest

Skyline – 52.80
Linpave – 52.96
Plate Of Chips – 53.03
M400 JET – 53.18
Beef – 53.46
Slackers – 53.52
HBGT – 53.61
Club VR4 – 53.61
Yorks – 54.28
Wet & Wild – 54.43
Kuntari – 54.66
HasBeens – 54.74
Wet and Waxy – 54.89
Screw Balls – 55.01
One Stroke – 55.10
Feel (the) Force – 55.13
Gemini – 55.29
Poo B’s – 55.30
Finish Last – 55.35

Uploading photos now, didn’t get many, darn, if anyone else got some can you please upload and post?

thanks