PDA

View Full Version : VR-4 on E-Bay? anyone from here?

MJR
08-08-2006, 12:20 PM
VR-4 on E-Bay! (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=016&item=260017502708&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1)

seen this on E-Bay and tickles my fancy,

as most of you already know, my V6-24v is now dead and gives me the excuse to get a VR-4 :D

So just wondering if it is anyone from this site and wether its a good car or not!
Plus how much is it worth?

cheerz peeps

Marc.

WildCards
08-08-2006, 12:26 PM
I thinks it's one of Mo's. That's his white car in the background.

ritch_w
08-08-2006, 12:54 PM
it was advertised here by the original owner with an AYC fault,
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15789&highlight=vr4

Mo had it on ebay a while back with the exact same pics, dunno if he sorted the AYC.

That advert is the same as Mo's - dunno if he has moved it on or if he has a new ID....

Marc - its always worth giving Mo a call as he usually has a selection of VR4s / Galants for sale and might have just what u r looking for ;)

MJR
08-08-2006, 01:08 PM
Ahrite ok,

still waiting on word back from the insurance regarding HOW MUCH!!!!!!!!!

phoning them this afternoon, so hopefully get an answer.

So once I get my funds sorted out etc I'll have a better look at a VR-4,
just seen that on ebay and thought hmmmmmm thats cheap LoL

Rikki
08-08-2006, 01:10 PM
Ahrite ok,

still waiting on word back from the insurance regarding HOW MUCH!!!!!!!!!

phoning them this afternoon, so hopefully get an answer.

So once I get my funds sorted out etc I'll have a better look at a VR-4,
just seen that on ebay and thought hmmmmmm thats cheap LoL

depending on your claims n that shouldnt be too bad. i would be about £800 on it, n am 23 lol

WildCards
08-08-2006, 01:15 PM
depending on your claims n that shouldnt be too bad. i would be about £800 on it, n am 23 lol

if you could get fully comp insurance on a VR-4 for £800 at 23 years old I'd be amazed. I shopped everywhere and cheapest I could get at 24 FNCB's decent area etc etc was £1100.

Rikki
08-08-2006, 01:17 PM
if you could get fully comp insurance on a VR-4 for £800 at 23 years old I'd be amazed. I shopped everywhere and cheapest I could get at 24 FNCB's decent area etc etc was £1100.

I was pretty shocked too tbh, but i got the quote before i bought my V6 cos i was considering it at the time. same company quoted me £600 Fully comp for the V6, but i changed n was £500 through another.

MJR
08-08-2006, 04:00 PM

No I meant waiting on the other guys insurance regarding my settlement cheque for the Galant, :sick:

but I guess getting a insurance quote on a VR4 is useful too LoL :dizzy2:
Rikki who gave you that cheap quote if you dont mind me asking?

Rikki
08-08-2006, 04:10 PM
No I meant waiting on the other guys insurance regarding my settlement cheque for the Galant, :sick:

but I guess getting a insurance quote on a VR4 is useful too LoL :dizzy2:
Rikki who gave you that cheap quote if you dont mind me asking?

Ill PM you

WildCards
08-08-2006, 04:14 PM
Ill PM you

Something fishy going on here then, c'mon Rikki spill the beans

ritch_w
08-08-2006, 04:18 PM
Marc - try sky & lifesure (use search) they know what vr4s are and are usually much cheaper than everyone else. Quotes for under £400 are not uncommon!!!

Rikki
08-08-2006, 04:23 PM
Something fishy going on here then, c'mon Rikki spill the beans

/lol nothing fishy at all.

basically whenever i need my insurance renewed or whatever, i get quote from Elephant, cos I know places will beat it so it gives me a good rough idea. When checking for the V6, I also did one for the VR4 n Elephant spewed out £820 or thereabouts. Didnt believe it so I wiped it n started again, same result, Fully Comp.

So....I did the same for my V6, £520-£550 (cant mind exact quote) from Elephant Fully Comp. I now had 4 years No Claims so phoned eSure but they only do drivers 25+. Passed me through to their sister company First Alternative, £500 for my year on V6. Thats who am with now.

If FA can beat Elephant on the V6 am sure they can beat them on the VR4 too. Although I did get the quote in April n havent tried since.

WildCards
08-08-2006, 04:27 PM
Ahaa, knew you'd say it was with Elephant. I got a stupidly cheap quote from them too. So I called them to make sure, transpires they couldn't insure high powered Japanese import for under 25's. I kicked off about the website etc and they just apologised.

Now, if you buy the policy onling without speaking to anyone you should get all the documentation through ok, but you may not be insured come claim time. Not a risk I was prepared to take.

Elephant are ba$tards for this, quite a few people have come on here saying the same thing, to which I respond as I just have. Buyer beware I think. Take the cover if you're feeling lucky.

Bell Insurance who are part of Admiral are who i'm with now, and they're FC cover seems very comprehensive. Although when I renew i'll be 25 and will prolly go to the Club Discount company (can't remember the name)

Rikki
08-08-2006, 04:34 PM
Ahaa, knew you'd say it was with Elephant. I got a stupidly cheap quote from them too. So I called them to make sure, transpires they couldn't insure high powered Japanese import for under 25's. I kicked off about the website etc and they just apologised.

Now, if you buy the policy onling without speaking to anyone you should get all the documentation through ok, but you may not be insured come claim time. Not a risk I was prepared to take.

Elephant are ba$tards for this, quite a few people have come on here saying the same thing, to which I respond as I just have. Buyer beware I think. Take the cover if you're feeling lucky.

Bell Insurance who are part of Admiral are who i'm with now, and they're FC cover seems very comprehensive. Although when I renew i'll be 25 and will prolly go to the Club Discount company (can't remember the name)

First Alternative dont insure anyone under 25 either apparently, but somehow i got insured. they say its cos am a "good driver" in their eye's, well seeing they havent been a passenger in my car eh? /lol

I just ran numbers through elephant again out of curiosity, £611 now! Daft quote.

If i had my VR4, I would have called elephant before hand but tbh i prefer to use other companies, i only use elephant to get a rough idea of what am likely to pay

WildCards
08-08-2006, 04:38 PM
First Alternative dont insure anyone under 25 either apparently, but somehow i got insured. they say its cos am a "good driver" in their eye's, well seeing they havent been a passenger in my car eh? /lol

I just ran numbers through elephant again out of curiosity, £611 now! Daft quote.

If i had my VR4, I would have called elephant before hand but tbh i prefer to use other companies, i only use elephant to get a rough idea of what am likely to pay

Furry Muff - have you tried confused. It is quite funny to see the differences in the quotes.

Rikki
08-08-2006, 04:41 PM
Furry Muff - have you tried confused. It is quite funny to see the differences in the quotes.

i might do it for a laugh the next time my insurance is up. which is not for another 8 months or something :D
Try First Alternative. Main reason i chose eSure is cos am with HBOS, eSure is run by them, so is FA.