PDA

View Full Version : Fs: 1998 V6-24

V6Dan
10-08-2006, 10:27 AM
Hi all,

Well that times come, unfortunately due to the substantial mileage I do for work, V6 fuel economy is something I can no longer afford and so I'm selling my baby having bought a replacement. Although its an odd way to start an ad, I'll list the bad points first as they're out in the open then...

Firstly, the Drivers side lower arm needs replaced - it passed the MOT as it is, but its not as smooth riding as it was before that starting having problems.
Secondly, its missing the passenger side headlight washer stalk as somebody lent on it in a carpark and broke it off
Thirdly, the rear bumper looks like it must have been damaged at some point as its badly colour matched to the rest of the car
Finally, the radio aerial needs replaced as its broken.

Now thats out the way...
Its a 1998(S) V6-24 Automatic with the diamond collection (which, as I understand it, is the reason for its high spec).
Full Tan Leather Interior
Electrically adjusted seats
Heated Seats
Cruise Control
Climate Control
Front Fog Lights
112k on the clock
3G Grooved Disks and new(ish) pads - if you want the ultimate in smoothness you'll be wanting to replace the disks as they do cause a vibration occasionally under light braking due to the grooves.

Thats it I think.

Oh, and a Kenwood MP3 CD Player as well.

Looking for offers in excess of £1300 (even £1301 will be considered) - if its not sold soon I'll just put it on ebay I guess, but I'd rather it goes to someone who'll look after it and appreciate it.
Its had the front shocks replaced this year as well, plus a new ABS sensor, Cambelt change, Service (obviously) recently and a new spring all of which needed done after I bought the car (knowing that it needed done) for £1300 - taking the total I (effectively) paid for it to approx £2k. I think £1300 is reasonable for one in this condition (more than reasonable actually!) and she's a good motor that I'll miss greatly :(

scoobyDAZZA
10-08-2006, 02:54 PM
thats a goo price bud

i just bought a 1998 R reg for 1600 , , fmsh, 70,000 miles

try it on autotrader for 1450 , bet it sell in a day ;)

V6Dan
10-08-2006, 03:22 PM
Yeah, hopefully it would go quickly on the trader, but I figured if I stick it on ebay with a highish start price, it should definatley be gone within a week...

Plus my mate got £3k for his car on ebay when it had been in the trader for 6 weeks for £900 ;)

V6Dan
14-08-2006, 09:19 PM
Right, I've now stuck it on ebay!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=013&item=230018623727&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1