PDA

View Full Version : 'rides'

Brind
25-04-2003, 10:20 PM
I see you have "RIDES" at the top right hand of the screen, what are your ideas for this area?

If it is to show our cars and put names to them, how about some kind of way to rate them?

For the extra ego boost effect.:)

BraindG
25-04-2003, 10:34 PM
:arse: <- its a secret :devil3: :D

will take a while... still having issues with the new info section...

Brind
25-04-2003, 10:53 PM
:headsc: Hmm okay..

The site is definetely working well so far mate! :beerclash

Jamo
25-04-2003, 10:54 PM
I'm not too keen on rating them. It's pretty worrying buying any new car, never mind one as special as this. Last thing you want is for new Club VR-4 members to proudly display their car only to have it rated low, after shelling out all that dosh. Bit of a sickener, that'd be.

Ego boosting and leg-pulling can go on anyway, right across the forum, with members joining in or staying out of it as they want.

I'd just love a section to see every other member's VR-4. No ratings. They're all good aren't they? And if they're not, owners should be helped and advised, not marked low. Anyway, it's just my opinion. Go with what the majority wants.

You could go to www.cardomain.com to see rated Galants. It's great looking through the pics. I think registration's free if you want yours rated too.

...Jamo

Brind
25-04-2003, 11:21 PM
Yes and no really, I thought it may add some extra interactivity.
I can see your point about possibly getting disappointed by replys, but if you like your car that's really all that matters.

Just a thought.

Spirit
26-04-2003, 04:25 PM
Jamo makes a good point, I would be disappointed if I was rated low just because mine is say a '97 version and the one next to me was a '99 for example - just that he could afford a newer one.

Also, what would you base the ratings on ? At shows for example they have different categories I believe - ICE, Mods etc etc. Would it be right to rate someone higher because they have done more mods than the next guy who wanted to leave his as standard or could not afford to modify it -due to costs of upgrades and insurance etc.

Overall, I would have to go with the non-rating on here and let sites like cardomain deal with that - mine is on there already and they all LOVE the VR-4's ! I think we should all celebrate each others luck to be able to own one of these beauties and just enjoy seeing them.

Again, just my thoughts.

Pete