PDA

View Full Version : vr4 for sale

blanket
11-08-2006, 09:48 PM
hi guys, i had a a vr4 on ebay a while ago which i have put back on ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=200016565521&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=010

the last time it was on i read some negative comment on this forum.
i dont minf constructive criticism, but i felt it was a little harsh. ok fair enough i was not completley honest in my advert at first but i did genuinley miss some things off........ like drivers side glass, the brackets for the front lights are broke. and i didnt know it had a different back end than what it should have.
but is the car that bad?????????????????

the car drives like a dream and moves off like a rocket.
and the milage is genuinely 39000 miles although i cannot prove it as i have lost the docs. i know thats sounds like some cheesey excuse buy i really have.

so what im asking is the car that bad?...............cos i think it really is a lovely car.

crititicism is fine, but please make it constructive

sorry one more thing. if i was to buy the car i would probably want to give it a FULL respray

bradc
12-08-2006, 09:08 AM
If you click on my username, then gallery you will see the back that it should have.

To be honest if I was looking for one, my main reason for not buying it is because of the obvious frontal damage (even if it isn't that bad) and the fact that the whole rear has been changed, which would be quite a concern to me.

Other than that the car does look great. I think 3000 is a perfectly fine price to ask for it.

bernmc
12-08-2006, 09:25 AM
I'll give you a grand for it.

Kieran
12-08-2006, 11:22 AM
My concern centers over the fact that it's a 1999 V-reg, when it's a pre-facelift. That's simply impossible - how has this come about? Have you any documentation for the car at all?

Personally, I'm more with Bern.... I purchased a sketchy-history 1997 import with just over 93,000 miles on the clock (not KMs) just over a year ago for £3.5K..... I think £3K is a tad optimistic.

You elude to criticisim in the first thread about this car.... I've just reviewed that thread. What in particular did you feel was harsh or unfair?

bradc
12-08-2006, 11:42 AM
You've got it wrong Kieran, it is a 1999, but it has been rear ended at some point and a prefacelift tail gate and bumper were fitted. This is probably due to the fact the facelift arse's are very hard to find over there

Everything else points to it being a facelift:

Recaro's (and it is safe to assume momo wheel)
Wheel Arches
Mags
Facelift Spoiler on top of the tailgate

Who also wants to bet it has a shiney chrome cover around the gear selection area rather than the prefacelift matt black?

We can settle this by finding out the chassis number. If it is EC5W-00 or -01 then it really is a prefacelift. If it is -02, or -03 then it will be a facelift. I'm betting on -02 or -03 myself :)

blanket
12-08-2006, 12:16 PM
yes it is ec5w 0300***.

thanks for the replys, i do feel like who ever buys this will have value for money. i think it would have sold already if i still had the docs.
and it does have a chrome cover around the gear selector

bradc
12-08-2006, 09:12 PM
I was right :D It is definately an official ralliart 1999 facelift import :D

blanket
13-08-2006, 11:43 AM
I was right :D It is definately an official ralliart 1999 facelift import :D

SO WOULD YOU SAY ITS WORTH 2800 RESERVE PRICE?:huh:

Kieran
13-08-2006, 11:59 AM
SO WOULD YOU SAY ITS WORTH 2800 RESERVE PRICE?:huh:

Ah, another victim of the dreaded VR-4 depreciation cliff! /Help

At the risk of sounding like I'm 'pulling the car to pieces', I don't think it's worth £2800 either. In my view the things that go against it are as follows:

*No documentation
*It's on a cat 'D'
*The following parts require repair/replacement: Bonnet, Radiator, Wing, Bumper, frontal impact bar, door glass....
*The rear has not been repaired correctly (the tailgate is wrong). I understand why a pre-facelift tail has been used, but it still dents the value.

The problem is that the above really goes against it's age and mileage advantages... Also - the accident may have been minor, but it has damaged the crash bar. I'm no expert on crash damage, but I know these cars fairly well and I would be surprised to see a minor 'bump' cause that amount of damage.

Personally, it's not a car I would buy, but if I was looking for a 'fixer up' for someone, I would shoot for £2,000 as a maximum. That would give me about £1000-£1500 headroom for repairs and getting the documentation and what have you sorted. Then I could sell it on fixed for about £4k.... Because, given it's history, I think that's the most I would get for it.

Just my humble opinion.

Axeboy
13-08-2006, 12:19 PM
I agree im afraid.

£3000 gets you a roadworthy, non cat D legnum these days. We've seen them come and go here....

You may get more for breaking it really.. diff, box, engine, interior....