PDA

View Full Version : Electronically Gifted? - help please

mpau009
12-08-2006, 05:12 AM
Seems like a lot of people on here have something to do with IT and computers, so i thought id pick your brains..:2thumbsup

My Laptop is a Toshiba Satellite A10, was working okay if a bit slow, but yesterday something packed up, now the A/C power source doesnt seem to work, i have all my music on the computer, which is wired to my stereo, suddenly mid-song the power quit like it had been unplugged, and the battery only lasted 2 minutes.

Is there anyway to check if the adaptor is kaput? It seems like the most obvious cause, but I dont really want to pay $50/60 for a replacement if thats not the problem. The computer turns on for a few seconds, but the battery is flat.:sad3:

Any ideas? iv wiggled the cords etc and they seem to be alright.

Is it common for the adaptor to just crap out all of a sudden? Its just a few years old

Any advice, or should i just buy a new adaptor?

bradc
12-08-2006, 08:48 AM
Bring it into me whenever you can, we have a million power adaptors, so there should be a reasonable chance one of them will be compatible.

all the details are on www.nfc.co.nz, I'm in the newmarket branch.

mpau009
12-08-2006, 09:18 AM
Bring it into me whenever you can, we have a million power adaptors, so there should be a reasonable chance one of them will be compatible.

all the details are on www.nfc.co.nz, I'm in the newmarket branch.

Cool thanks, it would be good just to try an adaptor to see if thats the fix.. if not i might have to leave it with you:sad3: I really should have backed up my last 2-3 years worth of stuff:uhoh2::party2:

bradc
12-08-2006, 10:50 AM
haha, no one back up anything! When you come in make sure you've got 20 minutes to spare, I'll pull the drive out and dump it all onto a disc for you if we can't find an adapter that matches.

detonate
12-08-2006, 12:50 PM
I got drunk and stood on my A10, (broke the DC socket in the laptop)

The Power adapter still works fine, and if I can dig it up it's yours.

mpau009
14-08-2006, 10:56 AM
/Banana Proving once again its who you know, not what you know:2thumbsup

/grouphug Thanks to Detonate, just been round to casa del legnum, and it looks like the adapter was to blame.

Thanks for saving me a whole bunch of time and money, i'll have to owe you one next time theres a meet:runkest: :party3:

Just in the middle of doing a proper backup/pan

Thanks Brad for the offer as well:afro:

:hat: :bananadan :hat: /Devil5

ps. loving the dancing banana smilies:scholar:

detonate
14-08-2006, 11:17 AM
NP, glad to be of service. :D