PDA

View Full Version : Damn Thieves!

detonate
12-08-2006, 12:58 PM
Got broken into whilst I was parked in the Farmers Carpark on Hobson during work on Friday. :(

Smashed the front passenger window and ripped the centre console out.

Stole my double din old Sony tape headdeck and minidisc EQ, and my Addidas glasses.

Luckily I hadn't put the tinted windows I got from Marmel in yet, so GC and I did that today. And I haven't built my car pc with touchscreen so I still have spare console surround! _b

As I had replacements for the only 2 things they broke, there's no point claiming insurance. What I'm pissed off at is my alarm didn't even go off!

I'm going to get on the horn to Mongoose on Monday and give them an earful.

Gly
12-08-2006, 01:38 PM
that sucks....

you sure your alarm has a glass break or ultrasonic sensors?

Rossco Type-S
13-08-2006, 01:40 AM
Bring back cutting off thieves hands (or balls)!!!

ShadyNZer
13-08-2006, 07:50 AM
ratsh!t bro, having ur car broken into is an effed up experience....wouldnt mind changing my mongoose alarm

detonate
14-08-2006, 11:25 AM
Yeah it has ultrasonic glassbreak sensor, and I tested it with rapping my key on the windows and it does set it off.

Not sure what happened... I guesssss it's possible that I forgot to lock it at all. In which case he wouldn't have needed to smash the window... heh, unlikely but who knows.

OSiRiS
14-08-2006, 01:53 PM
Sorry to hear.

Sounds like just an opporunist. Just out of curiosity, where did you park the car? And how? e.g. in front of the entrance or tucked away in a corner somewhere.

d i c k i e s
14-08-2006, 11:21 PM
damn dat sux... my mates car gets broken into all the time being a subbie what do u expect! the snipped his waire to his alarm and rolled his car down the hill a bit. then he noticed that someone had broken into his car.

4th time this year its been broken into. subs, gauges, cd player... everything taken!

KiwiTT
14-08-2006, 11:41 PM
Thats bad luck Detonate.

And here's me thinking I want a new car radio system. It might just be a magnet to opportunists. I will just keep my cheap NZ$99 one. Who wants one of them.

detonate
15-08-2006, 02:38 AM
Sorry to hear.

Sounds like just an opporunist. Just out of curiosity, where did you park the car? And how? e.g. in front of the entrance or tucked away in a corner somewhere.

It was on the first level above ground, and right next to the ramp.
Drivers side was completely open next to where you drive around the carpark, and the passengers side was next to a concrete waist height wall, (on the other side was a ramp which opened up just infront of my car giving access to the floor)

detonate
15-08-2006, 02:39 AM
Thats bad luck Detonate.

And here's me thinking I want a new car radio system. It might just be a magnet to opportunists. I will just keep my cheap NZ$99 one. Who wants one of them.

Well mine wasn't a flash one, but it wasn't standard.

It was an old sony tape player double din with a minidisc and eq on top. Car came into the country with it in (amazing feat in itself!)

KiwiTT
15-08-2006, 02:41 AM
Damn. Here's me thinking I would be safe.

bradc
15-08-2006, 08:04 AM
Im happy I am intending to keep the factory headunit, it is too dark to see it through my tinted windows being all black. Why are most aftermarket headunits silver? it just makes them easier to see

Subaru ETA
15-08-2006, 10:13 AM
i hate low lifes who do this! we work hard for our stuff and its gone in a couple of secs!
my headunit faceplate and valentine1 go everywhere with me!!

Xeroid
15-08-2006, 10:21 AM
I'm scared to leave either car in some parts of Auckland, just asking for trouble. When I had the old Subie Grand Wagon it didn't get touched, who wants an auto nonturbo half SUV which only got washed twice a year. Safe as...

Now we haven't been to South Auckland since last year and bloody careful in downtown about where we park them. Took taxi last Saturday, much safer, in more ways than one.

Muppsy
15-08-2006, 11:14 AM
Saw a shirt that pricks like this probably wear the other day:

"Get back to work! Thousands of beneficeraries depend on your tax payments"

Man I hate theives. They shouldn't go to jail, they should go to quaries and mines to learn what it means to work for what you want.