PDA

View Full Version : Pulled over!

Subaru ETA
13-08-2006, 11:01 AM
Just thought i would share this /yes
if you know the west auck area, i got on the north western this morning at tat. going around the big loop on ramp i gunned it getting all three ayc lights on;)

arse end twitched and off i went. at about 135km/h i looked back and a cop was racing up behind me :bobby2:

i slowed down and pulled over (my valintine hadnt gone off so i figured he hadnt radared my speed) he walk up to me and said (is this your car and all the rest of the carry on, then said "i saw you come onto the motorway and the back end was twitching around then i followed you at 130 and you were pulling away... any reason for this..." thinking i was gonna get the book thrown at me i just smiled and said "yea sorry ae i wa just being a dick..."

he then said "i cant give you a ticket coz i dont have a radar but id say if i did you would be walking" told me to take it easy hoped in his car and drove off :2thumbsup

so yeah, my random stroy for the day! should go buy a lotto ticket....

mpau009
13-08-2006, 11:10 AM
Just thought i would share this /yes
if you know the west auck area, i got on the north western this morning at tat. going around the big loop on ramp i gunned it getting all three ayc lights on;)

arse end twitched and off i went. at about 135km/h i looked back and a cop was racing up behind me :bobby2:

i slowed down and pulled over (my valintine hadnt gone off so i figured he hadnt radared my speed) he walk up to me and said (is this your car and all the rest of the carry on, then said "i saw you come onto the motorway and the back end was twitching around then i followed you at 130 and you were pulling away... any reason for this..." thinking i was gonna get the book thrown at me i just smiled and said "yea sorry ae i wa just being a dick..."

he then said "i cant give you a ticket coz i dont have a radar but id say if i did you would be walking" told me to take it easy hoped in his car and drove off :2thumbsup

so yeah, my random stroy for the day! should go buy a lotto ticket....

/haz That was lucky, very very lucky.

I got soo close the other day as well, going down the hill to westgate at about 130, came up fast on a silver holden wagon, was going to blast round him, but got cut off by a Rav4 that was flying along, next thing undercover lights on the wagon come on and she's getting a ticket/lol 5 seconds more and it would have been me.. :karate:

Subaru ETA
13-08-2006, 11:14 AM
/haz That was lucky, very very lucky.

I got soo close the other day as well, going down the hill to westgate at about 130, came up fast on a silver holden wagon, was going to blast round him, but got cut off by a Rav4 that was flying along, next thing undercover lights on the wagon come on and she's getting a ticket/lol 5 seconds more and it would have been me.. :karate:

haha the good ol westgate down hill section.... a favourite of many a west aucklander /haz

bradc
13-08-2006, 11:40 AM
You were rather lucky there, we really need faster speed limits, it's no fun when it is all over in 5 seconds or so :)

marmel31
13-08-2006, 12:03 PM
You were lucky, pretty much all police cars are speedo certified, even the youth aid cars so all they have to do is follow you and note their own speed and issue the ticket on that basis. They don't need a radar.

jaimz
13-08-2006, 11:03 PM
Yeah, good story brother :D

About a year ago I did pretty much the same thing, but at the next on-ramp towards the city - the one by Western Springs. It's a double lane on-ramp, and I destroyed an Integra Type R from the lights, and came onto the motorway doing about 125kph. Turned out I merged right in front of a plain clothes cop /wall

So, he pulled me over, and it was about then I realised I didn't have my licence...
He said that I was driving like a madman and asked me what speed I was doing. I said about 125. He went back to his car (to get his ticket book I presumed)... but he turned off his lights and took off..! /Hyper/Hyper

Maybe it was because I told the truth, and was straight up about it... who knows... :D

NAUSED
14-08-2006, 05:37 AM
now these storys are very... funny /Steeringw

police "to serve and collect"

Subaru ETA
14-08-2006, 09:32 AM
The thing i dont get is tho, i know i was being a dick and probably deserved it...but got away with it...
however when i was 16 i got a $180 ticket for going thru "a red light" the cop was on the other side of the intersection and couldnt see the lights and 5 CARS WENT THRU AFTER ME!!! took it to court and lost!

obviously te lovely officer had already made is quota on sunday....o but hang on, they dont have quotas apparantly :p

d i c k i e s
14-08-2006, 11:05 PM
damn i remember getting pulled over for my first time in my Galant VR4.
First time i got pulled up was outside my damn house for speeding, what made it worse was that i didnt have any licence. but i was let off pretty easy ($150 fine). and forbidden to drive till i get my learners licence. so yeah i remeber my first encounter with the police. i was clocked doing 64km in a 50km area.

GroundControl
14-08-2006, 11:54 PM
Got my first speeding ticket ever a couple of weeks ago - 114km in a 100km area on the way down to the mountain (wide corner into a huge straight, not a car about except for the cop hiding in a layby on the inside just after the corner). $80 fine and 20 demerits. :embarasse

Same trip, got pulled over again on the way back in Hamilton. Going around the bypass on the west side, gave it some stick away from a set of lights and a cop appeared out of nowhere and pulled me over. Just got a telling off though, no ticket thankfully /pan

You See
15-08-2006, 08:27 AM
My first encounter happened down the road of my old place....taking a corner, lady pulled out from the left, wrote off my sis's car 9 days after having my restricted. Lesson learned: Don't hoon around THAT corner. :D
Most recent one involved going at a considerable speed through a wide left-hander on the way to a Rotorua mill, cop coming just around the next bend....clocked at 116, not bad considering what I was doing on the corner!