PDA

View Full Version : Soon to be proud owner of...

speedy_1984
13-08-2006, 01:22 PM
:d Hey guys, i found this site on google the other day after searching for ages for ideas for a new car.
I currently drive an old EG civic ESi, and a clio Williams2 on the weekends.
I was supposed to be inheritting my Exs 200sx S13, but after much deliberation etc i think it would be an unwise choice.
Although the turbo bug has bitten me, and i am desperate for my next car to be a turbo, even if it isnt as insane as the 200sx.
This is how i came to find this forum; i have always loved the look of the galant, but after reading some info on parkers price, was abit disapointed with the performance figures.
Then after some digging i came across the Vr4 Import TT :d /notworthy

The next step was to get an insurance quote - well the 1st quote was SO cheap i did another, and another to make sure what i was reading wasnt :vogel: .
Considering this car is cheaper to insure than my current car (albeit alittle bit modified..) there is nothing standing in my way of owning one.

My only other choice of vehicle i was to own was a R33 GTS-t ;-) Although the insurance was a massive deciding factor - infact the best quote i had was over 3times the quote ive had for the VR4 TT!

SO here i am, searching for the perfect VR4, it has to be Manual, so im assuming it has to be an import as all the british specs ive seen so far are autos?!
And thats about it really! lol
Im based im East Anglia, so if anyone knows of any for sale around these parts drop us aline - although by the looks of things i may get my local tuner garage to source one for me.

Is there anything that i should defiantly avoid, or anything that i should go for?Any help is appriciated, cheers guys Laura./thankyou

Funkstar
13-08-2006, 01:49 PM
Hi Laura, welcome to the club. Check out the For Sales section here. Chances are that if you buy from a member you know a little more about the history of the car and also that it has been looked after by the enthusiasts that we are.

Nick VR4
13-08-2006, 02:25 PM
Manuals are pretty rare so may take you a while to find one for sale

Welcome to the Forum /Welcome2

speedy_1984
13-08-2006, 05:07 PM
Thanks guys, ive seen this one - http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b345/supa_sexy_speedy/media.jpg
MITSUBISHI GALANT VR4 , 4 Doors, Manual 5 speed, Petrol, 1996 P Reg , 61,500 miles, Black. airconditioning, Immaculate Condition, rear spoiler. As with all our cars this one is a fresh Japanese Import, Straight from our own supplier in Japan. You will be the first private keeper in this country. The car comes fully SVA tested and registered, Taxed for 6 months and MOT'd for a full year. It also receives a full service, Valet and final inspection before you take delivery. Each of our cars recieves a 3 Month company warranty, all part of the service here. Part exchange & Finance also availible

I havnt sold my car yet, so untill then cant look to buy, but im gathering all my info first - plus i still have to test drive one ;)
Fingers crossed

Lillywotsername
13-08-2006, 05:30 PM
Hi Laura
/Welcome2 clubvr4.... we are all a very friendly bunch on here, so if you have any question fire away:D The VR4 is a fantastic car, can't fault it in any way ecxept maybe for fuel comsumption/wall but that is to be expected and is far outwayed by the benifits of owning such a great car.
Like funkster has already said... check out the for sale section on this site or maybe ask Mo ( Zedy1) as he has quite a few to sell and may have what you are looking for.
/Welcome again and happy shopping
Lorraine

Axeboy
13-08-2006, 05:33 PM
Looks like a nice black manual, perfect.

Check the auction sheet for damage & repairs, ive seen quite a few repaired ones go through.

Also, dont pay over the odds... :)

richy rich
13-08-2006, 07:18 PM
/Welcome as said above..

also check out
http://www.clubvr4.com/index.php?page=BuyersGuide

Alex
15-08-2006, 12:04 AM
/Welcome2 to the Club. Hope you find it useful and entertaining :d

Spirit
16-08-2006, 08:09 AM
Hi Laura and /Welcome2 to CVR4.

Good to see more and more ladies getting involved in the Club, and good luck in your hunt

The Vee
16-08-2006, 10:54 PM
Yep, What he said/Welcome2

Rikki
16-08-2006, 11:14 PM
what everyone else said plus /Welcome /Welcome2 :D

I was actually looking at that VR4 earlier, have had my eye on it for weeks, however am dreaming. :D Good buy if you get it.