PDA

View Full Version : Galant vr-4 manual at KTC

Kalle
13-08-2006, 09:46 PM
Do anyone have more info on the two facelift cars that keighley have?

Kieran
13-08-2006, 10:41 PM
Do a search for Keighley..... Based on prior feedback from other people - buyer beware...

g6acb
13-08-2006, 10:52 PM
I guess I'm the closest (10 miles ish) to KTC if you need any further info, but bear in mind I only know what I read on here about VR4 toys such as AYC, tiptronic and those turbo things etc

There has been some debate about how they get post 96 cars registered but the one one thing they all have in common is they are all Type V manual saloons.....

Kalle
13-08-2006, 11:05 PM
Yes I know all about the rumour about KTC

I have a friend of mine that is interested in a facelift manual VR-4 saloon. And the two that KTC has seems to be the only alternative..

Does anyone know for how long they have been up for sale, and have anyone taken a look at them?

If someone nearby can take a look I would appreciate it! :)
Do they have flat tires as mentioned earlier about cars at KTC? if that is the case, please take a picture of it..

g6acb
13-08-2006, 11:13 PM
I'll see what I can do.... you got any specific things to look at / questions you want answers to?? (other than the ones above)

Kalle
13-08-2006, 11:18 PM
only all the things you look for when buying any car :)

The only thing VR-4 specific I am curious about is if the exhaust flexi pipe is undamaged..

Axeboy
13-08-2006, 11:49 PM
My first vr4 was great, from KTC, but as said, have a good look at the car.

They seem to be able to eSVA the VR4... damn them!!

:)

g8legnum
14-08-2006, 04:00 PM
I'll see what I can do.... you got any specific things to look at / questions you want answers to?? (other than the ones above) If you could check out the Trigger Mauve 2002 estate as well I'd be grateful. Although I get up to Leeds, its not as often as I would like and I want to know more about this car in particular. Many thanks if you can. /thankyou

Kalle
14-08-2006, 07:41 PM
For those who don't know where to look..

http://www.k-t-c.co.uk/12545/keighleytradesports.htm

hmm what year corresponds to the different reg numbers..

P reg is a -96 right?
does that mean that an S reg is a -99?
52 reg is a 2002?

etc..

Eagleton
07-12-2006, 08:15 PM
I guess I´m Kalle´s friend who wants a manual VR4

Has anyone been over to KTC and tested the Manual VR-4 they got yet? I know all the rumors about KTC, but it seems like my last option if I want a manual VR4 saloon.

Would really like to know, I´m very close to doing a buy. The import company that I´m doing this with is going to do a "RAC" test on the car before buy, but if somebody takes a testdrive I wont have to spend this money for nothing.

pleeeease /help

http://pictures.autotrader.co.uk/ATD_web/servlet/media?id=414953391

peter thomson
07-12-2006, 09:13 PM
I was there 3 weeks ago to look at the Legnums before going down to buy Kato's car and even though I had phoned ahead to test drive them they all had flat or low tyre pessures and going by the discs none had been moved for quite a while. They were all pretty filthy and the staff did not have any interest really in selling them. I would not have been confortable testing them going by there condition they are in. I did not relly look at the sallon but I imagine it would have been in a similar condition

caishanvr4
08-12-2006, 01:04 AM
I saw this car up for sale in auto trader but i smell a rat...
Its a p reg with a facelift bumper /Hmmm
How many p reg's have that same bumper?

The Vee
08-12-2006, 01:08 AM
I'm sure someone may know more, but it seems to have facelift rear lights and facelift bumpers and yet is "P" reg which is pre facelift. Also not sure Trigger Mauve was available on Facelift cars. Has pre face orange indicators, but that maybe due to wherever it was imported from. Also site says £5995. Hmmmmm

Kieran
08-12-2006, 01:32 AM
I saw this car up for sale in auto trader but i smell a rat...
Its a p reg with a facelift bumper /Hmmm
How many p reg's have that same bumper?

Those are facelift skirts too...

For mash get smash, perhaps?

The Vee
08-12-2006, 01:47 AM
yup looks like it

Axeboy
08-12-2006, 11:59 AM
Nope

It will have been registered as a 10year old car to avoid the model report.

Axeboy
08-12-2006, 12:08 PM
Im sure the car is a type v facelift...

However, last i heard it had sold.

Eagleton
08-12-2006, 04:02 PM
I know it´s not sold, the import company talked to them yesterday. If I do this RAC test the guy´s who´s going to get the car for me can probably get the price down by showing them the RAC sheet if there should be any minor problems.

I´m going to re-paint the car and swicth alot of stuff in it, so some small errors are OK by me.

bradc
08-12-2006, 07:22 PM
It has the facelift grill as well, I would say it probably is a type v facelift sedan.

BTW Andy, facelifts are definately available in purple, have a look at my car :)

Axeboy
08-12-2006, 08:57 PM
It is a facelift type v..

Just registered early thats all. Its a common dodge to avoid the eSVA.

Kieran
08-12-2006, 08:59 PM
It is a facelift type v..

Just registered early thats all. Its a common dodge to avoid the eSVA.

Is that how they're doing it then? Hmmmm....

Axeboy
08-12-2006, 09:02 PM
Is that how they're doing it then? Hmmmm....

Yes and no.

On that one yes, but im sure ive seen others a KTC with newer reg plates.

Im sure other dodges exist though.

The Vee
08-12-2006, 09:12 PM
So you're saying that the log book will have first registered 1996 and imported whenever. Hmmm surely the chassis number etc can't be overlooked that easily???

Brad, fair comment, never seen one before (or not that I've noticed/help ) - cheers mate:2thumbsup

Axeboy
08-12-2006, 09:20 PM
Always a way.

D.J
10-12-2006, 10:37 PM
Looked at it yesterday.
Two words.
Barge and Pole.

I've said more than enough....

Kieran
10-12-2006, 10:52 PM
Looked at it yesterday.
Two words.
Barge and Pole.

Oh really? Interesting. What was up with it?

(Disclaimer: In your alleged and humble opinion, obviously - no warranty given or implied!)

Axeboy
10-12-2006, 11:28 PM
yup, interested here too

Eagleton
12-12-2006, 10:11 PM
I´ve decided not to buy this car. I asked my importcompany to check their papers for the car, KTC told him right away that they where going to fax me all the details if they got my fax number. I dont have a fax at home.
KTC calls my importcompany after about an hour I guess, telling him that they dont have any papers for the car "anymore/has never had/dont want to show them"
From what I´ve read on this board and the info that the importcompany tells me, I´m staying as far away from this ride as I can.

Kieran
12-12-2006, 10:59 PM
From what I´ve read on this board and the info that the importcompany tells me, I´m staying as far away from this ride as I can.

Personally, I think that's a wise move.