PDA

View Full Version : FuelCAT on 1.8GDI and Service Manuals?

scimitar_x
19-08-2006, 09:59 AM
Hi all,

I purchased a In line Fuelcat device to try and up the RON rating on the 1.8 GDI..
Any comments/ has anyone fitted one of these before?
I read the car needs 100 RON else it suffers fuel economy etc. so figured if this helps normal to unleaded it might help mine??

Also the prev owner appears to have disconnected what appears to be a fuel pump connecter in the engine bay... Any ideas on this?

I also bought some CD manuals off fleabay but they dont cover my car which is a EA1W? Any recommendations for where to get the best Service/Tech materials?

Thanks all!

Kieran
19-08-2006, 12:08 PM
I'll be interested to see how you get on with the FuelCAT. How does it work I wonder?

Regarding the connector - have you got a picture?

CD Manuals.... There are a full set of manuals available in the members Area. They cover both the UK-Spec cars and the Japananese-Spec cars too. The Japanese-spec manuals are all still in Hiragana, but the important bits (torque ratings, specifications) are in English.

Depending on the manual you have, you're probably only missing the bits about the engine, as the 2WD Jap-spec Galants/Legnums are very very similar to their UK counterparts.

scimitar_x
19-08-2006, 02:11 PM
Loads of scientific mumbo jumbo here, however it appears this is a tin "thingy" that breaks up the fuel somewhat which retards detonation slightly...

Im sure it does more however, basically thats the start!
http://www.fuelcat.co.uk/history.html

Attatched is a picture of the connector Ive circled in red, this connects to a docket on the firewall as visible (black) the 3 prong connecter itself is (blue) disconnected with 2 wires ( the 3rd is not wired).

Ive left the picture large with the Passenger strut visible in the right hand corner to help identify location.

Thanks re the manuals, ill have a quick check!

:)

scimitar_x
19-08-2006, 02:19 PM
SORRY! Pic attatched.. had to crop as it wouldnt upload..

I-S
19-08-2006, 04:48 PM
http://www.fuelsaving.info/catalysts.htm