PDA

View Full Version : HKS fuel cut defencer

caishanvr4
19-08-2006, 03:04 PM
Anyone got one of these fitted? What improvements has it made to your car. Are they worth having /Hmmm

conaboy
19-08-2006, 03:06 PM
AFAIK if you have your fuelling sorted you wont need one.

Better spending the money on the SAFC instead.

You See
20-08-2006, 03:07 AM
Aren't these mainly just to stop fuel cutting out at 180kms (factory limited) ...save yourself the $$$ and cut the correct wiring (someone will tell you which) from your ecu...otherwise get yourself a SAFC, that way you get a few few more tuning options. :D

bradc
20-08-2006, 04:32 AM
It's also to stop boost cut when you up the boost. I would suggest an emanage would be a better option than getting a whole heap of little devices that do one task.

dickytim
20-08-2006, 04:37 AM
so are you wanting to use one of these to go over 16 PSI then ?

My car cut at around 17-18 PSI which is about as high as I would want to take it with out some sort of fuel management impovements.

zentac
20-08-2006, 10:59 AM
Quite a few mis-informed answers there. They help prevent fuel cut which happens when a number of parameters, air temp, air pressure etc... exceed certain thresholds....(3D graph type stuff) but it is there to protect the car. It basically reduces the parameters that are passed to the ECU hence effectivly raising the values at which fuel cut will happen. As these values can also effect your fueling its an idea to get you fueling checked once fitted and setup. I have one on mine.

caishanvr4
20-08-2006, 02:10 PM
Quite a few mis-informed answers there. They help prevent fuel cut which happens when a number of parameters, air temp, air pressure etc... exceed certain thresholds....(3D graph type stuff) but it is there to protect the car. It basically reduces the parameters that are passed to the ECU hence effectivly raising the values at which fuel cut will happen. As these values can also effect your fueling its an idea to get you fueling checked once fitted and setup. I have one on mine.
Thanks for all your replies but zentac seems to have hit the nail on the head :D

Wodjno
22-08-2006, 09:49 PM
Thanks for all your replies but zentac seems to have hit the nail on the head :D

I'll hit it for you in 1 :o

Don't get 1 unless you want to blow your engine /TTTH

Like has been mentioned, get our fuelling sorted :D