PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Greddy Profec

colVR4
20-08-2006, 10:30 AM
Good news and bad news all in one day!!

Managed to kill a Subaru Impreza WRX (number plate read ***WRX) who eventually pulled over to let me past. For those of you who have been to the Ibix near Wellingborough, I was right behind him as we came off that roundabout, down the dual-carriageway, towards Northampton. He couldn't shake me and as I started to gain on him he pulled over and I wizzed past. :D

However, later that afternoon my boost controller stopped working. The unit is still receiving power, showing correct boost and all the settings are fine, but I am getting nothing more than standard boost. I have tried switching between my hi and lo settings and switching the unit off and on and there is no change!!! :huh:

I have checked that no cables have come undone around the back of the unit and under the bonnet and I can't see anything obvious. Does anyone know of any issues with this boost controller, or anything else I can check?

bernmc
20-08-2006, 11:17 AM
may be a dodgy solenoid then... have you checked the connections to it, as well as the vacuum pipes?

Axeboy
20-08-2006, 12:00 PM
Well, I have had all kinds of problems with mine bud, similar stuff...

My cars in my mates garage having it re-fitted.... i reckon it wasnt installed correctly in the first place.

Keiran gave me a good thread to go through first... try here:

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=60826&page=3&pp=15

colVR4
21-08-2006, 08:46 AM
Think I have found something to try. I left in the extra cap, apparently a lot of people do, so I am going to take it out and try again. Weird that it has been working fine with it in so far though!!!

colVR4
21-08-2006, 06:03 PM
ahh....right....hmmm.....bu**er!!!

Cap wasn't there anyway, guessing it self-extracted on a spirited run!!

However, found the cause of the loss of boost. The wire that ran through the bulkhead had been rubbing, caused by it falling out of the protective rubber around the hole, and had gone all the way through to the wire. This has probably shorted out the actuator.

I trimmed and reinsulated the wire, but it is still not playing. The control unit seems fine and working properly, so I am assuming that it is the actuator that is knackered. What to do now? Anybody know where I can get an old Greddy Profec actuator???

Kieran
21-08-2006, 08:16 PM
Ooops! Not good!:uhoh:

Ebay might be your best bet?

colVR4
27-09-2006, 08:37 PM
Okay, turns out it isn't the solenoid...

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18512&highlight=greddy+profec